Recommendations Watching anime (again)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Daoist Pharmacist, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Daoist Pharmacist

Daoist Pharmacist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped watching anime for 5 years ever since i came across The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, and since then i got addicted to reading novels. Since im bored and running out if fuels nowadays (i mean novels to read), can anyone recommend me some good anime i missed the last 5 years? Any action, adventure, a bit of comedy banter and romance( no harems pls), also fantasy! I dont care about the world setting wheter isekai ( no lolis) or real world setting (also no lolis.

If u guys can, please also dont include the I AM SUPREME troupe bcuz i am from this nation. Plot armour is okay because its good in anime unlike in novels wher i tend to get bored cos of it.

Enryu022 and Jiggy like this.
  2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Demon Slayer is the most noteworthy, in my opinion.

The Promised Neverland is decent.

Too many harem anime nowadays, skip all of them. None is good. If someone says Quintuplet or whatever is good, they are wrong. I have spoken.

hmod likes this.
  3. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    One punch man, Mob psycho 100 1&2,A Attack on Titan 3, My Hero Academia, Fate UBW, Fire fighters, SAO alicization, Demon Slayer, Slime tensei, Shield Hero, Gate jsdf, Tanya the evil.
    PS: I don't remember exactly the time they came out, so some you might have already seen.

Angely, Enryu022 and Scandalf like this.
  4. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Scandalf likes this.
  5. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    Interspecies Reviewers

6. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice.

7. Daoist Pharmacist

Reading List:
    Link
    Ill look up tanya the evil and FF. Wow! I forgot about sao, watched 3-4 ep then forgot about it cos i was reading a whole lot of novels the entire week waiting for the next release.

Ill check up on baby steps, TKA is meh for me, got bored for what ever reasons, too knowledgeable for me about the game i believe (fuck the umbrella part and also the speedruns). Ive read the novel of VS. cant remember what happened tho.
    Dont really liek DS. Idk why tho. Im reading the manga of neverland tho. Pretty good for me.
    Ill look this up.

8. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tiger and Bunny, Psycho Pass, 12 Kingdoms, Code Geass went a bit crazy near the end but the ending saved it,
    Puella Magi Madoka is also worth a look. Monster, Witch Hunter Robin, Legend of the Galactic Heroes (original), Legend of the Legendary Heroes (yes, the name lost something in the translation. Bevity). These are the very outstanding ones that will most likely not disappoint you.

Try Tiger and Bunny, at least it's short so it can be a probation recommendation and if you like it, then look through the others on my list once you are confident my recommendations are worth it, because some of the later recommendations are 100-200 episode series.

9. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL, WTF. This is literally me although I watch pokemon on and off now but I stopped watching anime it entirely since 2016 and resumed late october of 2018.

10. Qiun

Qiun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    jojo?

11. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you are confusing Valhalla Saga to Vinland Saga because the latter does not have a novel version, only manga and aniime.

12. Daoist Pharmacist

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. I think so. But there was a manga of it yeah?

13. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Yah, Vinland Saga has a manga.

14. mhirra23

mhirra23 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haikyuu, Shingeki no Kyojin, Tokyo Ghoul, Demon Slayer, One punch man, My Hero academia, mob psycho. I also recommend Gakuen Babysitters if you like fluffy anime!

15. Angely

Angely Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to laugh I'd say Konosuba. The Ancient Magus Bride, Fukigen na Mononkean, Noragami, Kakuryo no Yadomeshi (yokai).
    Yowapeda's, Major series are nice too (sports) others already mentioned some too ...

I can't recommend too many either as I'm kinda same as OP with still huge backlog of series like Fairy Tail, One Piece, Black Clover, Boku No Hero Academia, SAO, Tokyo Ghoul, FMP, Chihayafuru, Shokugeki & many more...

As you can see there's still lots of animes I'm currently catching up to + I saw way too many series I guess as I watch pretty much every genre depending on my mood. o.o

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020