Resolved Knights & Magic anime to novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Nefasdetestasti, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Havisu, you should go take a look at what he "translated" first before you say that. I'd go as far as saying it's close to a direct machine translation without editing. The text actually lost a lot of meaning and Baka did not even bother to edit. For example, Sky already translated the series before and Baka obviously read it, yet when the translation named a major region "Boscua Sea", he never bothered to correct it to "Boscus Sea of Trees". There are very big differences between a sea and a sea of trees, one of which is you can walk in a forest. If you started walking on the sea, I'll call you God. And Sky already showed him the English name of the region, yet he did not bother to fix the obvious error.

And not to mention his sentence structure is totally not English. The words are, but the way they were arranged was nonsense. I won't call it a translation because a translation must retain the meaning of the story, not lose all meaning.

2. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh i did read his translation you know. I read a lot of mtl so yea i get what you're saying. But while he might be ignorant to sky's advice you shouldn't just discredit his efforts. Not all people have english as their first or second language.

3. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is the problem. There is a very high chance he did not put in any effort other than cut and paste into a translator because if he did, then problems like the example I mentioned before would not have happened because even a first run edit would correct the location name. "He might not know the language" might be a good excuse but when there is already a preceeding example, there is no reason not to correct the mistake. Mistaking a forest for a sea is a huge blunder that should not have happened, especially with there being a sample work beforehand. I suspect he did not put in ANY effort or even proofread/edit, just cut and pasted.

Havisu likes this.
  4. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    This is something i couldn't argue.
    If i think about it, even if he didn't proofread, he should've ask for someone to at least do so for him.