LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The curse. By restricting the soul, the curse leave part of the soul empty thus enlarging the mana capacity(the soul).

2. secretish

secretish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't the curse. It was him not getting any blessings like the others got that gave him the large mana. When he was reincarnating the first time into origin in chapter 1 (where he wasn't cursed), Rodcarte said "In exchange, your soul has a large『empty frame』that is different from the others that are being reborn. In place of special powers, this『empty frame』will likely contain a tremendous amount of Mana within your body."

tkato, twinklecake and lordtalon like this.
  3. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. When rod gave the curse he said to take this and die horribly. There was no mention of the curse boosting mana.

4. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mana was mentioned later as a side effect of the curses. Rod would not care since without Vida's intervention an would have been stuck with a horrible life and committed suicide.

Plus Rod is not known for thinking about the side effects of his actions, or how they will backfire on him.

5. Magron

Magron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure it was during one of the discussions between the boundary mountain range gods, all discussing how van could be such a monster(strength wise), or from Vida's point of view when she grabbed Van's soul, it was said because Van has an empty soul with no blessings he has a large mana capacity and that the curses removed what a normal persons soul has and just made more room.

6. Oshibo

Oshibo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who remembers that he has so much mana due to his soul being made of four different souls? I forgot what chapter it is but it has nothing to do with curses or blessings, it is simply the size of his soul due to being made up of multiple souls. If he had a normal soul he would not have had such a mana capacity even with various blessings. I really don't know how you guys forgot this?

7. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure that conversation took place before he reincarnated for the first time to Origin.

8. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van has a large mana capacity because he is the fusion of four soul chunks, he has no fortune, he has no destiny, he has no divine cheat eating up space, and because the curses count as negatives for his soul they just add more blank space rather than eating up space. Removing the curses will remove blank space that can be filled with more mana so he will have a lowered mana capacity if he loses the curses. This isn't hard to remember and Roddy talked about it after seeing Van alive and possessing way more mana than is normal for even a mortal soul lacking the normal things crammed into it by the reincarnation system.

9. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are several factors to Van's insane amount of Mana
    1st. Van's soul is made of the remains of the souls of 4 champions.
    2nd. The empty space of Van's soul.
    3rd. The Curses that Rod threw at Van is counted as "Negative space" so that increased Van's mana even more.

10. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As these are the words of one of van samas apostles it shall be inscribed into the holy book as it is in mine heart

11. MonitorShotput

MonitorShotput Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it was also mentioned that the way Rodlicker put the soul pieces together had an effect as well, because it created even more 'space' in his soul due to him being so half-assed about it.

Also, on a side note, I don't think the curses are really contributing to his current total mana capacity all that much currently, considering that Van had destroyed some of it when restoring his soul and his mana still returned to it's post-Banda level. If they contributed significantly to his total, then removing even a little of the curse's power should have had an effect. Maybe all the power he has gained from leveling up and eating gods has made the amount insignificant at this point?

12. AbyssalBat

AbyssalBat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s both. The curses were like a head start. But he increased his mana to the point that it is now-a-days through constant use of magic, like the [Danger Sense: Death] spell that is passively Active

13. Rendei

Rendei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The stuff about the curses is mentioned in volume 3, chapter 66:

"On top of this, the curses were large ‘negatives’ that produced even more blank space in Vandalieu’s soul, an even greater ‘empty frame.’ Vandalieu possessed even more Mana than he had in Origin."

lohwengk likes this.
  14. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar [Innocent]

Reading List:
    Link
    ...need........chapter

SapientReader, Paps and Lucresia like this.
  15. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if the curses are negatives then consuming them may cause him to lose mana but he could gain better control, or maybe empty space to put some ability in there

16. Prion

Prion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The curses are deeply ingrained in his soul, to remove them he would have to gauge out many parts of his soul since he is still unable to only take the curse out, because of this he would lose far more than just to extra mana capacity of the curse and not gain anymore space but lose it, because of this he only removed the parts which were especially strong contaminated and easy to remove, also the curses don´t affect his ability to control or stop an ability from appearing.

17. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is inexorably approaching godhood, and since gods can change the fates of the masses and bestow abilities how long do you think it will be before Van can start providing his abilities to his followers?

18. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hasn't he already started doing that to a certain degree?

19. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like others started doing it for him a long while ago. Legion comes to mind.

20. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya, and also Van himself "led" countless people in there dreams and changed them too right? i dont know if that technically counts as him "providing his abilities to his followers" but hes certainly led and changed a lot of people and given them new power. i dont remember all of Van's powers though so i can't say if hes giving them versions of his powers or just different new abilities in general but either way hes definitely been powering his follower up since the start of the novel almost