Movie Birds of Prey - Should I watch it or not?

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Little Potato, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Should I watch?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooo Birds of Prey is coming to my country's theaters this Thursday and while I'd prefer to stay at home, if the movie is good, then I'll risk my life and head out with a mask to the movies~

Any spoilers are also welcome.
    [​IMG]

2. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Margot Robbie does a nice Harley Quinn. Why not its only like $20 for a nice experience.

3. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not much of a movie goer so I don’t know if my opinion really counts but from what I have heard and seen (trailer) I wouldn’t go see it.

4. FreakyDude

FreakyDude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't bother its its mind numbingly boring. Almost slept in the middle of it.

5. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    nope......

6. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    She is so hot, :love: I will watch for her

7. Stormaggeddon

Stormaggeddon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    don't go see it for the chicks kicking ass. go for the costumes covering dat ass. lol

8. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, there is info on it -

LordCorwin and Little Potato like this.
  9. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
  10. rosierosie

rosierosie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't seen the trailer yet. Maybe I'll go watch it if I think the trailer is good enough. I like to watch movies in theater, so maybe I'll go watch it^^.

11. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if I go with a batman analogy it would be like this : if Suicide Squad is Batman&Robin then Birds of Prey is Batman Forever...

Long story short not complete trash but very forgettable and certainly not a "must watch" movie, especially for a full price ticket (the first half is ok but the 2nd part is quite bad, and by the way the costumes are at the level of "amature cosplayer"...)

12. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, watch it. But...let's just say I won't be giving it any money...

I want them to make more female-driven movies, but somehow, the stories they come up with just don't grab my attention. There's so many times you can remake classics and expect people to show up in the cinemas, sigh... Well, I'm gonna show up for Price and Prejudice anyway. And Anne of Green Gables potentially, lol. Little Women was enough to annoy me once. But those are drama/romance stories, not action or comedy movies. You can always count on classics (written by women) and the 90's for some good stories with main female roles. But recently...it's been disappointing.

Like I watched a 'modern romance' movie a few years ago. The female lead hooked up on tinder with some guy (I don't remember why, maybe she was single for too long and was lonely?). They slept together and she's in a hurry to leave, but some storm made her stay and wait it out. Then she finds out the dude has a girlfriend, and he cheated on her as a response to her cheating on him or something. They argue, yadda yadda, then talk and bond and tell each other how to improve as a lover. Then she leaves. He has second thoughts about her and stalks her on facebook, then calls the cops on her, so he could find her in the police station or something real creepy like that. They argue, get together and live happily ever after. And the whole time I was wondering, why do I keep watching, what do I expect to see, some improvement on the plot? Better re-watch Legally Blond. I just can't empathize with these characters AT ALL. In real life, they wouldn't even be my friends cause we have nothing in common and I can't understand their motivations and thought processes. In fact, I'd find them annoying and stay as far away from them as possible. And you think I wanna watch a movie about those two?

Romance aside, I actually prefer action, adventure, sci-fi and horror. Finally got excited for a new movie, judging only by the trailer, so I don't dare raise my hopes:

I hope it's more of a horror/woman on a revenge mission kinda film (like Hard Candy), than plain in-your-face moral teachings though... Keeping my fingers crossed, cause I'm sick of remakes, reboots, sequels and boring pandering shit. I think I haven't watched a new movie in years...except for The Babadook now that I think about it. Novels and webtoons are my thing now, a lot more imagination there. And I need a new zombie flick that's not a Resident Evil sequel (still gonna watch it tho) or a surreal comedy (still gonna watch Zombieland 2 tho, cause I need my zombies that much, sigh). I want something on the level of 28 Days Later. Or Walking Dead season 1 only, the rest don't count.

13. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everybody is saying it's shit... But Margot Robbie is pretty hot.

14. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    This.

15. Deleted member 239874

Deleted member 239874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if you didn't end up go to the cinema.. try to watch it once it is available for streaming.

It's entertaining and light.. a good introductions to characters

16. Mehwish

Mehwish New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the best movie in recent action movies. Must Watch. You will enjoy her style and the way she fights