Question Any Updates on Korean Novels?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by MianaXenia, Feb 19, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MianaXenia

MianaXenia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone have any updates or news on what happened to the Korean novels like Second Life Ranker, Kill the Hero, or Colossus Hunter. All i know is that the authors stopped them for some reason. ;-;

2. nazmulm

nazmulm The Lord of Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
    Second Life Ranker got dmca-ed so the group dropped it

note from the group

We are terribly sorry to announce that we will have to drop our translation project for Second Life Ranker. We have come into contact with the author and he asked us to take down the translations due to legalities. We have decided to comply with the author's wishes to avoid further problems. We will ask for the thread to be taken down indefinitely, so if you see anyone asking about it, please kindly explain it to them. Once again, we are deeply sorry.

3. MianaXenia

Reading List:
    Link
    yea was reading it then they suddenly dropped it ;-;

4. ValiDxD

ValiDxD 『White Dragon Emperor』『Wine Lover』

Reading List:
    Link
    Colossus Hunter it's the same as Second Life Ranker i don't know about Kill the Hero
    for Colossus Hunter
    The publisher of the novel KW recently contacted us. They have asked us to stop the chapter releases. Earlier the author had agreed on us translating it and so we had begun translating the novel but now the publisher has asked us to stop. We will have to put the novel on hiatus until we have a green signal from them. We might even have to take the novel page down. Until we come to an agreement we will be putting colossus hunter on hiatus.

Astaroth and MianaXenia like this.
  5. MianaXenia

Reading List:
    Link
    ah ok so no green lights yet im assuming ;-;
    Btw is this also the reason why pretty much all of Toika's novels are gone?
    there was an announcement but that was also like a year ago

6. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    EER is still where it's always been. The Toika novels on wuxiaworld are still there, just that they've moved all completed novels behind a paywall. So they exist, you just gotta pay.

Astaroth and MianaXenia like this.
  7. MianaXenia

Reading List:
    Link
    oo ok didnt know about the paywall xD Thx for the updates^^

8. pyramidhead

pyramidhead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was some time ago and I might be wrong but I think one of the sites that puts out a bunch of novels (I can't remember which Webnovel or Wuxia or one of those other big ones with a hundred novels maybe?) was trying to obtain licensing for some Korean novels so they could put them up legally and took all of their Korean novels down as a show of good faith to start negotiations with some of the companies over there. Once again I don't remember where I heard this so I might be wrong but I think a lot of KR novels went down because of that.

MianaXenia likes this.
  9. TheJudge

TheJudge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're talking about wuxiaworld and yes it was down for a short while and is now paywalled most likely. Many of the newly translated korean novels are bad or worse than the chinese counter parts, sadly. The good ones are dmca or the koreans want more money for it to be translated, but that's never going to happen with small time tl groups and most the novels barely nets even the translators much cash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.