LCD Magic Industry Empire

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Sep 28, 2019.

1. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's time to move to the countryside, away from the hustle and bustle of a city. Mind you he may have to suck it up and pay the money if he can't move shop fast enough or fine other temporary arrangements. I liked how he felt that he was tattling to the teacher by running to the City Lord.

While I 100% agree with that opinion, he may not have any other viable options in the short term. He still needs more time to get his new site up and running. At this point it's quickly check for any other viable options and if that fails see if there's any way to reduce the amount he has to pay. Then leave the moment you're capable of because this guy will definitely take the Darth Vader approach to contract negotiation.

A8nton likes this.
  2. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Even thou my first response would be to take my s#$t and leave, but in that time frame. I would bite the bullet and pay, but that very day I would start planning and building on my new land ASAP. The f@#ker is going to regret pushing me. After I make my millions. I’m going to strangle their company/ land in economic warfare. In fact I would sanction/ blockade all magic machinery head to their domain.

3. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    He has negotiation power: the city lord and the king. I don't know to what extent they would support him, but I'm pretty sure the Baron wants to gauge just that.
    He must make that Baron pay for that probe. I think he can build one temporary place with magic, and relocate all things quickly. He can dismount the big machines and take the magic portion of them, and leave the steel.
    There are some things we don't know for sure. After the old lord gave the heads up, he may have worked to find a place and even started to mount a new warehouse. After that advice, I would have done it.

4. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    As predicted, he will be moving. As speculated, he already has something in the sleeve.

5. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    That he does, that he does. Interesting to see he's being fucked with just because of his close relationship with the "Queen" (that is such the wrong translation of that word, should probably be crown princess or heir apparent.) I know he's not ready to move operations yet so I'm definitely interested in what stop gap measures he's going to implement.

6. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I would not bet on him not being ready to move operations. There are some big machines, but he has some of these ready to dispatch for some clients, doesn't he? Building a quick-and-dirty warehouse to house the current production line, put some machines and he is ready to go.

No need to get authorization from the fire department or work office or such things, so the bureaucracy is minimal as minimal is the work needed to make the warehouse "work-ready".

All he will need is a bus to take the workers to the new place.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  7. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    A little more than that. While your right about some of the bigger machines. The Dwarven machines we’re never meant to be sold. Just the smaller devices. But the main problem is his labor force. I have some serious doubts about the people who live in that city being ok with moving. Uprooting they’re families lives to live in the wilds. As to buses. They don’t even have roads yet. Let alone transportation. I’m still waiting for the train idea.
    Now all of this has to be completed in a day. Tough. Even preplanning can only take you so far.
    That’s why I though biting the bullet was the only way in that time frame.
    I mean if he had at least had a decent road in place. I’d double down and make it happen, but at best he has trails and as far as I know he had only a general idea of where he wanted to build at.
    I just read the latest chapter. I hope it works out.

8. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    There you have it. Our MC bought some land and built a temporary workshop. Apparently we will have some face slapping in the next chapter.

What is a Chinese novel without a bit of face slapping? I don't know, never happened.

9. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok let's do some paper napkin math. Bought manor for more than 100k gold pieces than what any other noble though it was worth. Plans to move to new site out of city in 3 months. Asshole noble was going to charge 100k for a year rental.
    From a pure business standpoint... this was an epic fail. I mean I can see wanting to own the property, but when he already has plans to move major operations to another spot... this kinda doesn't seem... useful.

10. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Plot Armor got to love it. I hate it when novels just dumps a solution way back when and say lucky I did that. WTF.

11. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    To be perfectly fair, he's been trying to get land and own land the entire time, so this isn't a huge shock and I wouldn't even put it down as plot armor. I commenting more on the premium he paid to get it verse it's value since he wasn't intending to stay there. It's different if he was planning to make it his permanent place of business, then the premium he paid would be acceptable.

12. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah your right. Still it seem a little to perfect.

13. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I woudn't say that.

The rental is dead money. After the year, he doesn't have anything. He just paid for the "convenience" of moving three months later.

The manor, on the other side, became his. After he moves the industry to the new place, the land will remain his property.

14. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't know what are his plans for that plot of land. Show-room? His own Magic Tower? A modern-looking manor?

15. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, but he paid nearly a 50% premium on the land. He paid a price where pretty much every noble basically said "Are you effing crazy?" There wasn't even a hint that was forced to bid that high for it.

16. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there was a bid war on that land, and that's why he paid that much.

According to the price among the Banta City nobles, the manor should be worth around two hundred and fifty thousand gold coins.

But at the public auction of the manor, Xu Yi had suddenly come in and placed his bet.

Perhaps they were not satisfied that an ordinary merchant like Xu Yi wanted to buy this manor, so some nobles bid against Xu Yi, driving up the price. In the end, it reached a shocking amount of three hundred and seventy thousand gold coins.

17. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    What’s blows my mind is how fast their building the road. Especially without bulldozers, tractors, trucks or anything, but manpower and horse drawn wagons.

18. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Magic? I think they are using magic machines, aren't they?

19. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    What magic machines?

ElefantVerd likes this.
  20. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Good question. Apparently our MC didn't adapt his agricultural machines to do road construction (Earth Magic to level and harden it, another machine to evenly distribute concrete on the leveled and hardened base).

On the other hand, Xu Yi has some decisions to make.

Would he create an armor that cannot be pierced or cut by any sword, or a sword that can pierce and cut any armor? What would you choose? Maybe a hammer that can pierce and crush any armor?

Another decision, would he make normal bows and arrows and swords and shields and armor or magic ones? You can embed a magical circle on anything, apparently, and turn that thing into a magic one.

Will he innovate and introduce modern firearms with magic embedded? What about magic firearms? What will he do?

Will he introduce Mecha?

lunarshadow and Cutter Masterson like this.