BL fans, which one are you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Walter vi Britannia, Feb 23, 2019.

?

Just curious...

1. A gay man

6 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. A perverted woman

73 vote(s)
    61.3%
  3. A straight man (caught in a trap)

11 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. A woman who wants to be a man

14 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. A man who wants to be a woman

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. A bisexual man

8 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. A bisexual woman

15 vote(s)
    12.6%
  8. An asexual man

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  9. An asexual woman

20 vote(s)
    16.8%
  10. (And for some odd reason) A lesbian woman

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too. I also like that. But I can't handle yaoi. It's just gross for me to imagine two guys making out (even though I have nothing against homosexuality).
    So, because of that gender bender is kind of the next best thing wouldn't you say? I like reading yuri, but gender bender yuri feels like a wasted potential for me. I really wanna see them overcoming their hurdle and facing emotional conflict over their feelings.
    Maybe that's why I don't really get off of gender bender hentai (I've read a few for the story...didn't get a single boner throughout, I was completely invested in the heart warming story it presented.)
    So its not a fetish, but a...a...I can't think up any word. I just like it with a passion.

Maybe if I was born as a woman I would've been a fujoshi too. lol

YukiShiiro likes this.
  2. YukiShiiro

YukiShiiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lols, Im already this old, but I haven't read anything past a hug and a kiss
    I dont have any discrimination against any types of genre, or what people likes...I guess, Im more on the plot? And so long as its interesting to me, I'll definitely go ahead and read

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  3. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, that must be nice. I can't help being thrown off by it. Same as how I have a nervous breakdown when I see blood even though I have no reason to hate blood...or is it the same? I don't know.

Anyway, I would probably love yaoi stories. They might be just my thing based around what I like most about gender bender stories. But I can't read them. My mind disagrees. Same feeling I got while watching 2 girls 1 cup...I shouldn't have brought that up.

YukiShiiro likes this.
  4. YukiShiiro

YukiShiiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its alright, not like you can help it. And there are lots of other genres for you to choose from. Im sure you'll find something along the lines of what would be agreeable to you XD

5. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, already did. And that's gender bender as I've said. I'm basically obsessed with it...as long as its not yuri or female-to-male transformation(or if they turn back by the end of the story).

Anyway, there are still not that many works out there with this theme. Not a really popular genre. Yaoi seems to be getting popular here in NU. I hope gender bender starts getting enough traction for translators to pick up more projects. Specially after that Bowsette meme, it should probably be more popular now?

Doesn't matter. It was nice talking to you and bringing this old thread back up again.

YukiShiiro likes this.
  6. WATMEE

WATMEE Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The bara is better in my opinion xD

7. Lianyin

Lianyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know which to choose... why does a girl who likes bl has to be perverted? I just like cute bois :V

8. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Us guys who like yuri (basically every straight guy in existence) know we are perverts...so I consider that to be the same for women who like yaoi. Is that wrong?

9. DoNotLikePie

DoNotLikePie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I am just here to state my humble opinion after reading the previous comments. ^_^
    As a young woman who reads bl, who started reading bl even younger, and growing up with two older brothers who are gay and have boyfriend's, I feel more comfortable reading bl, and most of the time I like the characters and plot better as well.
    As for the fanservice?
    .......I'm really innocent!! (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

I suppose I am asexual, but it's not like me being straight would change how I view bl.
    I would warn you to not judge others based on your own standards. Everyone is different, and there may be a million different reasons to like the same thing.

10. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, I know. The perverted woman bit and some other things were said jokingly, don't take me so seriously...I'm just a random asshole on the internet, one of hundreds you'll meet.

DoNotLikePie likes this.
  11. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    why isn't there a 'straight woman' option? I'm married with kids. I was so against anything bl at first but then finally caved in and watched Addicted, then read the book, then came more Yaoi books, movies, TV series, manga, anime... So now, I'm here, hopelessly, incurably addicted. This is my guilty pleasure.

baka8roukanako and imK like this.
  12. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, as a joke I left the "straight woman" option as "perverted woman".
    (Don't deny you're not a pervert! I'm into lesbian stuff even though I'm a straight guy and I'm sure that makes me a pervert. You all fall into the same category as us degenerates...anyway, it's a joke. Not to be taken very seriously.)

Suranchan likes this.
  13. teargrants

teargrants Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    some of the replies in this thread are so cringey jfc...

imK likes this.
  14. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    >.> I do read BL but when I don't crave for drama since most BL don't have drama that straight romance with fmc have (especially if she is poor, a president falls for her, she likes to cry all day -> very annoying) , I read only fmc stories where she doesn't cry all day ,is strong, isn't white lotus and doesn't have a shitty family with a stepsister or step mother...

Anyways I am into gender bender straight romance as well... because the male->female conversion is funny to read , since I get to read a new pov from the MC and problems they face and how they get adjusted...:cookie:

15. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No 'intersex' option and no 'not even human' option. Disappointed.

Walter vi Britannia and Anra7777 like this.