Spoiler On the Emperors Lap

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by theilikepie, Oct 17, 2019.

1. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel raws:https://page.kakao.com/home/50323268

English translated: https://www.netcomics.com/comic/ontheemperorslap

"Little Bella, a war orphan who once trusted for survival; grows up carrying an abandonment wound. It’s a life without purpose, she’s the unseen, unheard, and a war slave.
    Kiris embraces Bella, a girl he once abandoned, now has been forgotten. Maybe it is too late when he’d found her again.

Will she get over past hurts and believe in love again, when there is too much damage done?"

Anyone read this and have any spoilers? ML is a typical douche as to the surprise of no one. Did he acutally sell her off an abusive ho or was there some hidden keikau.

Ac03, Cooco, Marie_0720 and 10 others like this.
  2. fantasy.92

fantasy.92 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just saw today the manga. It's seems interesting. Hoping for some spoiler

syofiaa likes this.
  3. Annie999

Annie999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too.... But I don't think there is any novel version. I only read the comic and Very much interested in it

4. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her first words after her voice returns is, I hate u... Err if it were me, it's be a string of curses starting with, fuck u asshole go straight to hell from where u stand. Buuuut as one would expect, her reactions are quite mild. Nothing interesting so far.

Taruna, uvallrelato, Cooco and 16 others like this.
  5. Annie999

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup... He did.... The exact reason is not shown yet.... It just shows that he regrets it and after becoming an emperor he burns down the Nobel house but the maid helped the FL escape so they miss each other..... The FL tongue was also cut by the Nobel villainess magic so she couldn't speak. Later she was sold as a slave to a Duke's house who sends her to the ML palace to warm his bed for a day.

When the ML gets interested in her and cures her scars and tongues. She outright says that she hates him. She is angry that he doesn't remember her after destroying her life. Moreover all her scars were cured in the blink of an eye as if all her sufferings were just a dream.

On the other hand, ML thinks the FL died due to torture from the Nobel villainess. He was misinformed by the maid who helped the FL escape.
    Moreover, the are some other characters, the ML's subordinates who are trying their best to keep the FL away from the ML.

That's it.... I can't remember anymore. Teehee..

6. Annie999

Reading List:
    Link
    If she did that, the ML would realize who she is... And then he would apologize... Then take care of her with his newfound heaven power... And then she would forgive him.... The two would kiss... Happy ending....the story would end before it gets to start...

syofiaa, Imsobored, Lovina and 5 others like this.
  7. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol exactly my point. She doesn't seem to care. She is simply angry that he forgot who she is, that's all. As long as she comes to know that he never forgot her, pretty sure he will be forgiven right away and officially start their romance until some princess from another country arrives with a marriage proposal that benefits the country that he can't deny... Or some shit. I called it! :cool::blobokhand:

Eelillya, Taruna, your crush and 9 others like this.
  8. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    i thin the same:blobconfounded: i just cant stand to see this novel, can someone that read the raw satisfy my curiosity by spoiling this novel. When does the ML know that the FL is Bella. What do the FL do after that. :blobconfused:

Taruna and rock.doll like this.
  9. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...more spoilers please? :blobpopcorn:

10. Wonder Star

Wonder Star Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please read the raw and spoil it for us. I am dying to know how bella achieves her happiness and why did that asshole of an emperor sell her:blobpeek:

11. Wonder Star

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have link to any other website for raws? Kakaopage is paid website

12. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For now i support the second ml the dude with silver hair till ml is worthy of fl . When ml kissed mc forcefully sml say to ml to ask permission first. His parrot word to mc were i miss you red (the name of the maid who maid her escape ml killed her when he tortured her to know where mc is and she tell him to don't try to look for bel ( bel is when she pretented to be a boy it was ml who tell her to be called bel from now on )ever again and before that tell him that it's too late all these years when she was abused mc have wait for him And now she's dead , mc took her name . Sml is always sweet and caring while ml is just overbeering.
    The problem is that sml is stuck in the friendzone each sweet act that he does her reaction are always oh you're such a good friend. And that I believe than deep inside she's still in love with ml because when before the empress dowager tryed to convince mc to work for her against the ml she say that he whouldn't call for her because after that she tell him that she hate him she told him to send her back and to don't call her ever again then he told her to leave and she rejected her offer later.
    with sml she remember the conversation and ask if he whould call for her , if she can be happy ?
    But she's still traumatised on her behalf one of her maid have sent flower to the ml when mc heard the news she fainted then fired the maid and was really angry. (What I write is from the translated manwha i don't mtl it).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  13. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest chapter was really great. If you haven't read it she killed an assassin who was about to kill her maid using her sills, kris saw this and recognized that she was bel. Then he started crying, begging her to forgive him and that she should have told him who she was ANd how he only sold her cause he liked her (don't know how that makes sense but ok). Bella basically called him a self-serving bastard and to stay away from her

He took another verbal beating from his friend who knew her real identity. The attendant who sent the assassin after her regretted it cause he found out she was the woman kris was looking for and if he knew that he wouldn't have sent the assassin. Then he gets the great idea to make Bella empress cause of her abilities or some shit. The only thing impeding that is Bella detests kris

The English trans is basically caught up to the manhwa raws. Korean Id is required to get the novel raws. But at least the English transition is consistently released

14. otomereader

otomereader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    episode 26 spoilers: kris' condition is pretty bad thanks to bel's beautifully brutal rejection. he stopped eating for a few days and went about hunting (probably to vent?) and then refused to let a physician take care of his injuries. emperor's advisor (i'm not sure who he is actually; don't recall his name. he has brown hair) went to bel and tells her to save him and that she's the only one who can save him. bel basically replies along the lines of: so what if he is dying? what has that got to do with me? why should i care what happen to the emperor? you're merely afraid that someone else will take over the empire. i don't care either way. if he's this weak, i think it's better for him to leave the throne anyway. furthermore, the nation won't be faltering for the time being since you guys are getting magic stones from the blue clan.

scene returns to emperor who has collapsed in his room and is thinking of bel and having flashbacks:
    "i liked you. x2 at the same time, i feared you'd ruin me. in case i'd forego my revenge and ambition to choose you. i ran away. i'm not as amazing as you think i am. and yet you always..." *he sheds tears and calls for bel several times*

--
    i've not read the novel but i can see bel refusing kirs throughout the story, which is absolutely delightful. :]

edit: mtled a review which says:
    ★Ending was weak. In the second part, Bella... ended her contract with the devil, and reorganized her relationship with Kyris. However, the early part of the novel is so interesting that the back part of the novel is rather plain. Nevertheless, the 4.5-star rating is given because the artist's sentence was good. The psychological depiction and the story of the character were expressed in an attractive way, so that I could read other works of the artist.
    ★It's fascinating to see Bella, who doesn't forgive because the male protagonist apologises . In reading modern romance novels, there are characters who are shaken or swung in the male hero's actions, [so Bella's staunch refusal?] is relatively absent in romance fantasy.

-
    Not quite sure what "reorganised" means but her other comment gives me hope that they don't end up together romantically.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    youta132, Kumoshiro, SueVal and 11 others like this.
  15. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh noice, heroine got some balls. I actually dropped this after that stereotype, I hate you senpai speech. But I guess it's worth a re-try if heroine got some back bone. Well I actually hope she would join Empress dowager and beat this spineless fker black n blue and get him to cry alone in some street corner while starving to death for a decade, before she can finally find the heart to forgive him and happily ever after... Well only because author just won't give us another ml.

Oml what a friggin drama queen! Why doesn't he be the little helpless heroine instead. I mean, he surely matches that role. Always crying begging being unreasonable throwing tantrums sulking... Just wow. Noice king you got there, I think I can make a better one out of a pile of toilet papers.

uvallrelato, Ahmya, syofiaa and 4 others like this.
  16. aconite

aconite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where are u reading the manhua from?

lazynoodles likes this.
  17. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. What a little bitch. He was the that literally sold her off to slavery because he can't stand his feelings. He must've known what they would do to slave's yet, HE DID IT ANYWAY AND EXPECTS TO BE FORGIVEN EASILY.

Taruna, SueVal, Ahmya and 4 others like this.
  18. Wonder Star

Reading List:
    Link
    The last chapter's last page's meme :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:. I can't even.

Fostofina likes this.
  19. Otakufujo

Otakufujo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ml legit remind me of the ml from 'i don't want to be loved' novel

20. PhoenixVII

PhoenixVII Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bella is cool right now and the story is going strong so far, but I'm scared of getting too invested in this series in case the author goes down the route of so many manwha authors and pair her up with the Grand King of all *****. I just wouldn't be able to handle that, heck I can't think of any scenarios where they should become friends, and definitely not more than that! He pushed her away at the beginning, putting her through true hell on earth, and should either die or live with the consequences. The bratty princess would be just right for him.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020