Death maketh life?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lurking, Feb 19, 2020.

1. MadraRua

MadraRua :: ˓(ᑊᘩᑊ⁎) :: Divorcee

Reading List:
    Link
    Then we would agree that time, long or short, is subjective to the perceptiveness of each individual.

Femme Fatale and --MON-- like this.
  2. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    As they say, Emeth is made of meth.
    (Edit before replies, yes it's a play on emet and met)

3. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    why would it be tragic? since everyone do die why would you call it tragic? if someone died of old age, is it tragic? isn't it an achievement? if they die caused by others (killed) or by sickness, that is a little bit sad since they didn't have enoigh tome to fully enjoy life but why would it be a tragedy? nobody knows what will happen after you die nobody knows since noone who died for a long time came back and told everyone what happens after death. if you call their death tragic it is like saying they live a useless life. calling someones death sad is fine but saying it is a tragedy is not. it may be tragedy for them but not for you since it's not your life. you do not own their life so you don't have the need to care for them
    caring for others' death is only you comforting yourself. everyone's death ia their own problem they may not be the cause of it but it ia theirs not others if you die only you will be the one to suffer. do you really think that every single peraon close to you will care for you forever to take care of you and sympathize for you every single moment after you die? no. because they have their own lives to live so they can leave satiafied without any unfinished business and regrets left behind but life does not goes that way always. so your life, your problem.

others are others, you are you.
    their life, their problem, your life, your problem.
    do not be concerned by others that much. you may care about the one close to you since they are with you for the longest time but even they might not really care about you and only show it to you that they care. and you may not really care about them either you just think you do because that's what society and the norm said what is normal and you don't want to deviate from it consiously or subconsiously. you may not know it but you do deep inside you.

4. --MON--

Reading List:
    Link
    YES. so really just try to leave behind the mentality that you developed from being corrupted by the world that caused you to be bound by the constraints and fear of death. death is always paired with life. long or short (depends on their own perspective) (even i do not remember much about the past since it's the past. the only reason to care about it is to learn not to let it affect your behavior)

just gather knowledge about those around you and don't integrate it to your own just use it to develop your own personality and create yourself do not let others create you.

every desire is only a hindrance the more you get rid the better but it is really impossible to get rid of all of them since we are also human.

5. MadraRua

Reading List:
    Link
    Amitabha

[​IMG]

--MON-- and imK like this.
  6. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    There will never be enough time in my lifetime to accomplish everything I want to do and see. Every day there are new wonders to behold and explore.

I saw this gif yesterday and thought....damn, I want do that with my kids....
    https://imgur.com/gallery/nivbNEi

Then I saw this and I thought....damn I want to experience that....
    https://imgur.com/gallery/LEQcWdR

I've learned we humans are born curious and are here to experience the world around us and that is what we call life. Our limited life span makes it necessary to prioritize what we want to treasure so that when we pass on, we can do so with a sense of fulfillment...to our next adventure. I don't believe we end with death, I think that is just the beginning of a new adventure.

We are not physical beings...we are spiritual beings that at this point in time inhabit a physical body...when we pass onto our next iteration we will be free from our physical shackles and perhaps have a sense of purpose. I hope I get to travel then to see the world and beyond...and then come back and hang out with the people I love and share similar energies, free of the shackles of time and space and our limited physical senses.

And if I'm wrong and there is nothing, then it won't matter. I would have lived a life worth living and cross into the nothingness with good vibes and hopefully a smile.

Maybe I should stipulate a marching jazz band for my funeral...and maybe request that it happens on a rainy day. I want my family and friends to dance me to the spot where I want to be set free....somewhere beautiful and serene, passing my urn amongst themselves for the final goodbye. Don't put me in the ground, set me adrift in the wind and waves.

Lurking, imK and MadraRua like this.
  7. MadraRua

Reading List:
    Link
    Do it with style... and you can't beat a good laugh.

@Femme Fatale

I agree with your philosophy of celebrating someone's life through death. But that only applies when their time to shuffle off this mortal coil comes about through natural means. And in the majority of deaths, this is the case. In that event, celebrating their life is key. It's why we have wakes here in Ireland. People get sloshed and tell funny anecdotes about the deceased, it's all about raising your glass to them.

But there are tragedies also to be found in death. For example, suicide. For the person to feel that low about themselves is so heartbreaking. No problem is too big to solve as long as you can talk about it. I wish I had a magic wand to swish and make everyone believe that life is worth living and when your time comes, it comes. But don't invite it. That's a waste of potential.

imK, --MON--, Lurking and 1 other person like this.
  8. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahaha! That was epic, mate! A good Irish send-off. I can see my Irish friend doing something like that. >_> I might have to flick him this link. Though his wife, who is a kiwi, would probably wack his coffin if he pulled that one on her. *lols*

Because of circumstances, I am in close contact with death....not myself, just others around me. On the occasion of a young lady committing suicide, everyone that stood up to speak at the funeral spoke of what she loved doing, not the mental illness that claimed her life. It was a celebration of what she was, not about the moment that lead to her demise.... I hope I have that kind of resolve if a tragic death touches me personally: to be brave enough to celebrate who they were and what made them special.

[​IMG]

mir, imK and MadraRua like this.
  9. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    ....boredom doesnt have to do with time

boredom is a symptom of depression...

10. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    when those you love die, you suffer.

death doesnt hurt the one who leaves. it hurts everyone left behind.

imK, --MON-- and Femme Fatale like this.
  11. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    Death is good, because it give way to new births. Death is a biological defence means against over population. So every death counts. It ensures there's enough scarce resources left for the people who is still alive to enjoy. That's why there's no need to be depressed over death. It's just a natural process we all go through for the good of Mother Earth

12. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    out with the old and in with the new

burial is better so nutrients can return to soil

this doesnt make it wrong to be sad thk

imK and Femme Fatale like this.
  13. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG that is so Soylent Green. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

[​IMG]

imK and Lurking like this.
  14. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    Not saying it's wrong to feel sad, just unnecessary because your loved ones would rather you get over them then for you to keep burdening your mind over them gone. But society does makes that seems like it's a wrong if you don't feel sad over death though...and will condemn you over it
    Yeah, the movie was so gruesome because the harsh reality of over population shown was awful and disturbing

15. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    it is necessary to be sad tho.

its something for yourself, so you can recover. greif is how you scab over the gaping wound left when those you love die and are ripped out of your life.

to greive is to heal

16. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom:

I'm not sure if it was over population or the lack of resources (which could just be due to mismanagement). :hmm::hmm::hmm:
    :blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom:

One thing doesn't necessarily equal the other is what I'm saying. :blobokhand::blobokhand::blobokhand::blobokhand:
    :blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom::blobnom:

Maybe I should give it another view to determine which it was. :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:
    :blobnom::blobnom:

The last one standing would be the grossest.:sick::sick::sick::sick:
    :blobscream:

Lurking likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
  18. --MON--

Reading List:
    Link
    what i said is what i think is right not what everyone think is right. so everyone have their own beliefs in which are influenced by others at some point and then after a certain point we develop our own beliefs that we derived/ or learned by having others influence us from birth and it isn't the end as long as you live and together with other intelligent living beings you will be influenced by them at a certain degree. so just believe in what you think is right for you, and just hear what others belive in but don't follow them create your own and that is the only way for you to be happy. do what you think can make you happy, smile, etc. and be satisfied with your life that you are currently living do not be greedy about everything contentment is the key to happiness when you are content from your beliefs and you do it you will live mostly a carefree life since there is no such thing as absolute.

imK, Femme Fatale and MadraRua like this.
  19. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    do you know what paragraphs are?

please leave spacing between... too many words all togerher line after ljne... that wall of text is hard to read.

its why i leave gaps like ^ between my words. easier on eyes of others and facilitates discussion

imK likes this.