Question I've just remember.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by anonymous M.K. 42, Feb 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous M.K. 42

anonymous M.K. 42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like the title says i've remember something important about me reading light novels( web novels too).
    What? The reason why i started and how i discovered a translated novel.
    Why did i started? I was unsatisfied with anime. So i started searching for the sources(LN) and i discover this site "Baka tsuki"( absolutely by mistake) and the first translated novel i found was Psycome.
    Why did you started reading light novels and what was the first novel you found?

2. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anime leads to manga which leads to novels
    Manga leads to manwha/manhua which leads to novels

Basically the pattern that lead us here

Almaa likes this.
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Member when there was no Qidian? I member. :cookie:

4. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read Percy Jackson when I was young. Got addicted. Read everything from Kane Chronicles to Heroes of Olympus. The only thing left was the final volume of Heroes of Olympus which still had like 7 months to be released.

In my withdrawal I looked towards light novels...from baka-tsuki obviously. (That's where we all started. lol)
    The Percy Jackson stuff had that anime type feel to it and I really wanted to read something that's very anime. (I was a kid. I loved anime. That's actually why I got so into Percy Jackson...I could just imagine it being an anime.)

Anyway, so I found out about light novels and the first thing I read was Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria since my brother said it's got a similar vibe to Mirai Nikki which I really loved. It was a hell of an introduction to the light novel world for me, it's still to this day one of the best light novels I've ever read. After that I read a lot more. Picked up Altina and a bunch of other stuff along the way. Slowly started to watch anime less and read novels and mangas more...till I made a complete flip and now I read mangas when I'm free, but read novels all day on my phone whenever I'm able to, and I haven't watched a single anime this year so far.

Edit: Oh right, it was also to continue something that was left incomplete in the anime or the manga hasn't caught up yet. That used to also be a cause for me shifting to novels...now I just rather read the novel than the anime at all. lol

5. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I skipped manga and went straight to novels from anime. Discovered manga afterwards

6. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was watching anime and wanted to know more of the story, so I looked on manga sites and then typed it into the search bar and that lead me to Baka Tsuki. Stayed there until the purge and then found my way here via one of the novels that I was reading. Until then I had about a dozen different sites bookmarked so I could check them for updates.

7. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    somehow i ended up watching anime and after some time (a lot of time) i started reading manga and because of someone who told me that i should try novels i ended up here
    my first novel is Overgeared (recommended by that someone from above, lol) :blob_grin:

8. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, it started with manga adaptations of novels - there was this one where the MC had a system to build stuff in a fantasy world. And the other one was the shield hero a bit later. Forgot the others, but there were others. Then I somehow discovered a website that had a bunch of translated novels, and from there - The Moonlight Sculptor, and I lost sleep for days (but I vaguely recall my first novel being Arifureta. May be wrong, my memory is shit). Then I found my way here, discovered a treasure trove and even made an account on the forum, and it's been an ever-growing addiction since... Only that my tastes get pickier and pickier. And at this point, I mostly go read straight from the source (learned to understand MTL, thank you, google).

Edit: Just recalled I had read a few yaoi novels before that, but I somehow don't really count them, lmao.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.