Recommendations Looking for anti-hero MC, interesting story

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by SamStrike, Feb 18, 2020.

1. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate the comedy in it, it's impossible to read without cringing for me.

I have tried a lot of xianxia but most of them have some stupid Romance that ruins the MC in some ways, or maybe the he is too attached to someone making it annoying. Especially considering that most of the MC have a kink for either collect females. Renegate Immortal is an example of what I don't like, too much romance and love interest's involvement in the story and MC's personality.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  2. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Pursuit of the Truth - though it doesn't really match 1st criteria (though debatable on some points), but there is a reason why MC in the author's universe is called as "THE Devil".
    Carefree Path of Dreams - it is basically a fusion of Reverend Insanity and Way of the Devil. Heck, even MC's name is Fang Yuan.

3. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. yosr

yosr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we are the same type i read them all expect Way of the Devil does it worth bro :) ?

5. hmod

hmod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because if you actually read the story you start to realize that there is no such thing as a villain in the gu world, morality need society and society needs apparent equality. And when you have people capable of natural disasters living along normal mortals you can't really have equality. Point is that morality doesn't exist in the gu world.

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  6. Deleted member 89812

Deleted member 89812 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  7. eray.gns

eray.gns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I've dropped it after he killed the hunter dude along with his granddaughter and her fiance and turned into a crazy fuck after that. Before that point I enjoyed it quite a lot AND AGAIN, you are missing the point of this topic here, OP asked for an anti-hero protag, Reverend Insanity's doesn't fit the bill. I can write a story with satan as the MC and point him in a good light compared to other characters in the same novel but it wouldn't make the satan any less evil. This is my last post in the topic as people like to take it out of context.

8. hmod

hmod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think I'm taking anything out of context. You are saying that FY is not an antihero in RI but a villain so he doesn't fit what the author is looking for, which is misleading because as I said there is no such thing as evil in the world of gu. Plus you didn't even read 10% of the novel.

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  9. Antihero_Lover

Antihero_Lover Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Recommend you EMPEROR OF KINGS on webnovel also in Scribblehub
    1. Unempathetic/Selfish MC. CHECK mc wants to build a kingdom mc literally said "We are not here to survive but to rule"
    2. Male lead. CHECK Male badass
    3. No harem, if possible no romance at all. CHECK The author himself said he hates harem
    4. The less comedy the better. CHECK the plot focus on more action and story no time for comedy
    5. Antagonist not stupid. CHECK he plans every move but also listen to others if they have good plans
    6. MC doesn't always win. I WILL BET he doesn't always win bcz only 20 chapters have been released nut i trust the author wont make the mc super op

Finally 2-3 chapters update per day

only downside is the grammar of the author is bit bad but its not too bad since i read many shitty jp cn novels myself

10. one eye

one eye Aspire to became NEET

Reading List:
    Link
    The girl who eats dead gods

11. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    you didn't get the joke