Spoiler The Justice of a Villainous Woman

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Dec 9, 2018.

1. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    The highlighted part is the thing that intrigues me. Even with modern monarchies, only the person who wears the crown gets power, authority and everything that comes with it. The spouse of the one who wears the crown can have residual power which is why even the Empress in the story has some sway. Just see the strings she pulled for Irene. If MC marries short of the Crown Prince, she's just a member of the family. She can have influence kinda like Princess Diana and what she did for the tailor but I very much doubt she will have any authority or given one. I don't think any Empress, even if it's not Irene, would allow herself to be upstaged and usurped by the MC.
    or maybe, she could have one if the future Emperor still likes her but that will test the brothers who stand as husbands here.

Again, if she wants to be an Empress with all the power and authority, she can go full Dany (conquest) or a coup. Either way, there will be tons of blood.

Tictacs likes this.
  2. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    What is not aware of? People have breathing down on his neck because he was the Crown Prince.

3. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I ment more in the sense of the things she has already done, so proposing certain solutions to problems that are then passed by other, more powerful people. If you are already part of the family, having your opinion heard is probably easier. The presumption here being that she does not need the recognition that it was HER idea. If she wants to be recognized for her efforts, yeah, she would probably need the empress position or a coup.

Volublekoala965 likes this.
  4. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean for example the pretty noticeable backlash she experienced due to his through-away decision to break tradition and not dance with her at the very first event that happened. For him, it seemed like he just did it to annoy her, to have a little revenge, but for her, that had massive socio-political consequences. To me, he seemed genuinely surprised and shocked when she pointed that out some chapters later, which tells me, that he probably never considered that this could happen. And that is what I mean when I say he seems to not be aware of the influence his actions can have.

5. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude can marry irene or whatever and they can game of thrones eachother to death. Hes boring and on top of that a fick who cant seem to communicate properly. Its not even fun to trash him (like with beatrice ML) cause he dosent do anything too outrageous. Hes the realistic kind of an asshole and mediocre.

He doesnt think his actions have consequences for other people when he should know better. Being the crown prince and all. No wonder everyone wanted his brother to be the next king. Dude has the charisma of wet cardboard

6. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    You have a point. He might not anticipate that his hate for Charti and her family will just disappear. He was still cozy with irene and he has no reason to renege on their agreement. IIRC, he was already jealous of Charti being carefree as a kid and her family siding to his more charismatic brother didn't exactly help. So, it is a tit for a tat moment for him. Personally, its good that it happened - it was a good opening for Charti to see what old!Charti was and a point of change for new!Charti. Yes, the backlash hurt but I lay more blame on Charti's father. Why he even consider entering Charti as a regina when he knows that Prince loathes his family is speaks just greed and opportunistic for me. I understand their need to climb the social ladder but not knowing they will not be raked over coals for that is just wishful thinking.

Jukki likes this.
  7. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    Not quite, it is explained in the manhwa at least why he allowed her to enter: It's one of those "I'd do anything for my little girl" moments (which is also why she had such a rotten personality before - they spoiled her rotten), and since old!Charti had insisted, he kinda gave in. They don't have a need to climb the social ladder as it is explained that they are pretty much the most powerful family after the royal family anyway. It's literally just a daddy not having the balls to say no to his little girl who's madly and delusionally in love

8. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    @ATrueStory To clarify, I want them to get together but I also want more drama out of the situation. It's kind of a thing where I like a character but enjoy seeing them go through drama. Kinda like writing angst for a fanfic or something.
    Also a really good point! At one point Charti's dad mentions he sided with the Prince's brother because while the Prince was good at many things, he severely lacked in people skills and it shows. On record, the Prince has severely underestimated Irene, gimped his chances with Charti due to a misunderstanding he intentionally caused, almost accidentally played matchmaker with Charti and his other brother, and is stuck in a bad position because Irene managed to get dirt on him. Her dad wasn't necessarily wrong about that assessment.

9. Turtleboy

Turtleboy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone just share the ending in there ?
    I really didnt find any joy reading this manhwa, just anger about how injustice she got and a god damn weak ML.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    BookerGirl likes this.
  10. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, forgive me. I forgot that the MC (the original that is) was a bratty one once an upon a time. His choice if want his whole family to be raked over if his original daughter had lived. I guess my assessment of MC's father has changed since, in my reading, he's okay to throw his daughter over to a man which he kinda screwed up with and apparently he didn't trust to run a kingdom.

PS I doubt they don't have to climb that social ladder. I'm sure they are still aware the Empress and her faction hate their guts.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  11. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if the ML is weak, he's uninteresting. If he's 'strong", he's eligible to be thrashed in any way possible. That's the reason why they are there.

Based on the title, I was bracing for an interesting and systematic revenge plot but huh, never came.

12. Turtleboy

Turtleboy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea ! Ikr, this manhwa didnt have pleasure of revenge like other villainous revenge manhwa.
    What we get is MC saved so many national problem and so many lives, yet she didnt get what she deserve and still got pressure from the opponent side which make me kinda mad.

ich1875 and Avery Very like this.
  13. saberloli

saberloli Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So nobody has the raw or the link for the novel, the raws? I was happy to binge a whole lot 76 chapters of manhwa but nothing beats a complete novel, too.. Happy to see spoilers though!

14. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is very boring, he does not have any character to influence the story, he just sort of exist while the story is happening around him. He is like Ellie from the doctor empress or what ever. You can replace both of them with a carrot and it will take time for people to notice their existence. I wish they showed emotions or a little bit character development. At least MC in this story is interesting to read but the doctor gal have no saving.

15. RikaWolf

RikaWolf New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that the original novel was finished, so does the MC becomes an empress?
    Spoilers please!

Avery Very likes this.
  16. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't have access tot he novel. But if she doesn't become Empress, some readers will riot. Usually the clue is on the cover page on the pairing.

Avery Very likes this.
  17. S4rge

S4rge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been months!!!!! last update was in December (Chap. 92) when's chapter 93? also.... yeeeeeeeeeeee Leo's being obvious already!

Avery Very likes this.
  18. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been a while because the story was picked up for official translation by tappytoons, so the scanlation team dropped it I think. Also, the manhwa was on hiatus until somewhat recently.
    If you want to look through the raws (most recent chapter is 112), you can do so here: https://newtoki57.com/webtoon/192577/악녀의-정의?toon=일반웹툰

mirrorkells and S4rge like this.
  19. S4rge

S4rge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!!!!!!

20. S4rge

S4rge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From all bag guys I hate, there is always that one thick faced person called Ieren or whatever it doesn't matter.