Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Pirates are people that steal other people content and republish it for their own gain.

Scanlators steal the content from the author, translate it, typeset it, redraw it, and upload it for usually no monetary gain.

Are they legal? No.
    Are they pirates? No.

You should link to mangadex instead of aggregators in order to respect the hard work the scanlators put in to translating the manga.

... Also because it's against forum rules to link to aggregators.

Ubik likes this.
  2. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    Recommend this GL web drama
    Just Another Love Story is a romance- drama web series

3. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally back! Sorry for disappearing again - I've had practically back-to-back interviews this week, and I've just collapsed as soon as I've come home... Next one is Tuesday, so if I go missing again, that's when I'll reappear.

For now, though, I'm happily back~!

Reminder to anyone who missed it that the Yuri Garden's 2020 survey is currently running~! You can find it here: https://forms.gle/dzXi1Y9GMHkLcsKj9

I'm glad Rhyfelbodaeth appeals to you~! :blobmelt: Since this type of women is also my type, they turn up a lot in my games and stories...

More would be nice, but it looks like the translator is pretty busy these days. I hope we get to read the novel in full someday~!

Glad you liked them~! Mary Lambert is definitely a favourite of mine.

I was trying to make both of the stories feel stand-alone despite being taken from larger stories, but it was a lot tougher working with the Yugioh game. Maybe I'll succeed in the next draft~!

So cute~! :aww:

Welcometh~!

I can only think of "My Disciple Wants to Tease Me Every Day". If you haven't already, you could also try, "Why Do Yandere Girls Like To Find Me?". I haven't read it yet, but it's definitely on-theme.

It looks interesting~!

Ubik and Aisha Ann like this.
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome back~ *waves*

Moonpearl likes this.
  5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC broke her nose with FL help after all she has done. Then she had surgery. Or there was another one? :hmm:
    Yep, this one was on bilibili. there was discussion about half a year ago about one of clips and screenshots from these authors and @Moonpearl dig some more and unearthed that clip that has this video in another order and without fight scene.
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/5198326/
    So this one or next version or final cut. But is still nice and subtitles are helpful.
    Another from what was suggested:
    Never Dare to Abuse the Female Protagonist Again - FL is full yandere behind MC back.
    Ivory Moonlight - MC basically creates yandere from somewhat innocent and tomboyish FL in first ark.
    The Price of Confessing To The Wrong Female Protagonist - FL is heavy yandere not without MC stupid decisions.
    Considering the Possibility of Falling in Love With the Villain - FL more like obsessive character.
    Unfortunately those are not fully translated or on hiatus.

There are also yandere works on SH but they mostly focus on siblings relationship:
    My Diary – A Twisted Yuri Romance
    Sinful Love [GL] - didn't read this one though

and has yandere tags Purple Solanum - it's from My Diary author didn't check that yet too.
    Correction, all *khhhhhhm* side links has 218 chapters. JJWXC has 231 chapters with the update 10 days ago of last one. :blob_coffee:
    At least this one has clear pairing.
    On dex there were another two new (completed in raws) another chinese webtoons but content is questionable for now so couldn't recommend or mention it yet.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Moonpearl likes this.
  6. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My phone and internet hates bilibili...

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  7. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno, when Orange went to Mc’s best friend begging to get back together, Mc’s best friend felt nothing but disgust. So I assumed she didn’t fix her face yet, both her income sources are gone afterall
    Mc somehow creates a yandere from the FL in every arc actually, quite amazing
    Interesting, i wonder if the remaining 13 chapters are extras because the novel ended nicely with 218 chapters

Ubik likes this.
  8. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Moonpearl likes this.
  9. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In pure ones I guess only Superhuman Princess will do as universally good.
    In GB yuri ones there are quite a bunch of what could be recommended though. Mostly Quietvalerie ones.
    Interesting. With this setting there is even side pair?
    This one mostly for history of clip part. Still, I'm wondering what is real version though. :hmm:
    MC has received quite a hefty bill with all hospital and operation needs for Orange since there were some complications. (I even thought that she had some disease that prevent from normal surgery and how easy MC have broken her nose.) So, at least surgery was made. After it Orange get herself another person to leech but he has bullied her. Then she has tried to get another try to Anji that leads to disgust feeling for Orange.
    Often epilogues and extras are not included in recent novels (2019 year at least) side links.
    And some times on one source they are included and in others they are not. Quite often picture when searching for raws. If story was censored that will complicate searching for complete one even more.
    Have searching today for raws that could potentially be interesting and on one source it was 10 chapters more than on other one. Only that complete source is more troublesome to read, oh well. :blobconfounded:

10. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean?

LOL I just realized that link you posted was also caused by the video I shared before...

Ubik likes this.
  11. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Not even a couple, they’re just jumping worlds to kill each other. Well, not really. QinKe, Mc friend jumps worlds to complete these missions from heaven while trying to find and get revenge on the Goddess(Godless now) that betrayed her(?) and that goddess managed to avoid QinKe in every world so far until now. Drama, drama, i didn’t bother reading the bonus
    Oh I remember that, after Mc punched her. Orange was like, “I’m gonna sue you!” And FL was like I got the cash so go ahead

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats:

LaDyViL likes this.
  13. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cursed princess club ch57 on webtoon.

Haha they have Yuri panel that's cute. Was totally unexpecting it.
    "I was totally glaring at Glen. She was clinging onto Jolie all the time and she's my girlfriend."

Next panel: everyone "what?!?"

Jolie: blush "thought you wanted to keep it a secret"

Moonpearl and AsianessPride like this.
  14. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's unfortunately no way to change your answers after you submit. However, Novel Updates is a site for translated Asian fiction rather than original English fiction, so it wouldn't count for that question.

15. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know that is rather troublesome to provide exact message what you need when language is not yours...... :blobsweat:
    Main question, this one was made by them or someone compilation of their other works. :blob_coffee:
    Ouch, still added this story to read later after recent one. Thanks.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm doesn't situation was more complex at that time. :hmm: Orange was streamer for former FL BF group. And when FL use her authority to enter there with her wife (that was MC - not at that moment though). And he has lost quite a bunch of money with loosing his "gold goose". Not that he need pity he quite a shiity character but still. At that moment he helped them. At others too but it is another question. :blob_tilt:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  16. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    https://wap.ciweimao.com/chapter/102107080
    The title translates (mlt) as lily Shura field. Mc is a history teacher at an all-girls high school and is also a ghost-hunter(?) I've read only first two or so chapters and I think some might enjoy it.

17. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shura field means that the MC will have a harem who at first doesn't know MC is playing or low key flirting with others to build that harem. Basically a shura field is like MC out in the open with all the harem members who doesn't know MC has other people and MC has to be careful so they don't find out. Really hard to explain meaning of that phrase.

Basically story is harem either way, multiple lovers. Haha one of my novels use that word that's how I know the type of romance novel it is.

AsianessPride likes this.
  18. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is rather unexpected but now it's me who recommends a story.
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4015929
    可以先结婚 (MTL name: You can get married first)
    Official tags: Past, present, ancient, modern, sweet text
    I would add: computer games, reincarnation, supernatural, school life, sci-fi, body swap.
    Chapters: 114+ main pair extras a (5 chapters), main side pair extra (5 chapters)
    MTL Summary:
    Hundreds of years ago.
    Chi Yan: "I would like to accompany my monarch for the rest of my life, share my worries for the monarch, and be a minister of my life."
    Queen: "In addition to being a minister, you can also be a wife."
    Chi Yan: "..."

To investigate the sudden death of the empress In truth, the state teacher used the soul-chasing technique to send Chi Yan's soul into reincarnation, to the Queen's afterlife, and penetrated into the body of the non-mainstream scum girl Chi Yan with the same name and same name.
    The non-mainstream academic scum changed and became an old cadre.

This life.
    Chi Yan: "I will always be by my sister's side in this life, taking care of my sister's clothing and food."
    Lou Mi: "None of our parents have received a certificate, what sisters and sisters. But you and I can get a certificate first."
    Chi Yan: "... "..."
    It seemed that the right person was not found, and the Queen herself was correct.

Chi Yan: "The minister is not ready to fall in love with His Majesty in this world."

Lou Mi: "You can get married first."
    Chi Ma: "... Her Majesty should take state affairs as the most important thing , please follow the minister to return to the country."
    Lou Mi : "Yes, get married first."
    Story is one of most popular on JJWXC even receives award as one of top GL stories of 2019.
    It started rather dark when MC as former general and current minister during rebellion in historical era save empress (FL) and her wife but she is in coma in near death state. Empress has much information on what forces were involved what reinforcement can be involved but most important who is behind it all. Without this rebellion can't be crushed. So comes the decision involving soul binding technique connect souls of MC and FL so MC should find FL in next reincarnation and get this information. With blood sacrifice ritual was performed and former general at the age of 32 cease to exist currently in this age.... and wake up in body of 17 y.o. unruly rebellious girl at the 2044 or so year.
    MC now is daughter of widowed mother that lives with her newfound love that too has daughter (FL). Former host of MC body hated her mother and future daughter-in-law (MC mother and FL father didn't make their relationship official). Plus she had absolutely horrendous marks and bad attitude at school.
    FL in this era is 27 y.o. streamer and leader of top game team on verge of collapse. Two former top players left robbing even the bank. FL is on the break of mental collapse, and she is not so young so she needs to use brain stimulants to play game that damage her brain nerves.

So start is like that. It was very adorable to read how MC get with futuristic electronics and AIs that control and operates in modern world. That leads to bunch of comedic situations.

Of course this change of character of MC leads to the change of her life situation. She was flabbergasted with her new appearance and change it. Started to study that leads to another conflicts and friends. She repaired her relationship with parents (MC didn't have mother before) and with FL too. But MC only promised that she love only empress and tried to find who is she in this life. Slowly found that her sister is empress, but she doesn't remember anything. So MC even joins her team to help her and tried to restore memory or wait when it happens.
    ----------------
    I guess that is ok without spoiling much I was very impressed with this novel. It has very unusual setting. It has good story even without romantic plot line of main pair. Heck, even main side pair has faster relationship. It has good twists. There was even body swap of MC with original host for some time that leads to bunch of conflicts. MC and FL comes back in time to previous life state to gather some documents and other ones. Mainly all plot lines has clear conclusion.
    But once again main pair are taken long road. Even if they are adorable as heck at that.
    ------------------
    Overall mark: 8/10 (very good) I guess. Not the masterpiece but still highly recommended. Note to those who wanted to read - chapters mostly 6k words - except final (15k) and extras (3k).

Yandere Devil likes this.
  19. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished another Chinese yuri novel and this might be the best one I ever read! I’m not kidding, I love it. :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:
    Kidnapping Bai Yueguang [Wearing a Book](拐走男主白月光[穿书]) with 102 chapters
    Link: http://m.365mww.com/viewbook/9-35564-1.html
    Summary:
    Shen Lihuan, a last-time elder, appeared at the scene of the accident before she was reborn. She saved her parents with powers, but all doubts are serious. Who wants to take her and her parents? And family members who have never heard of it also appear one after another, an arbitrary grandfather, a gentle aunt, a coquettish cousin ... what role did they play in this car accident? What's even more surprising to Shen Lihuan is that her classmate You Yiqing, who fully meets her aesthetics, turned out to be a character in the novel she's seen. The two are also indifferent and inaccessible, but for the other, they can become the warmest one. This article tells a story of love and healing. The writing is smooth, the writing style is exquisite, the plot is interesting, the characters are vivid, and it is worth reading.

My review: This novel is amazing! No joke, the characters, the storyline, the sweetness and romance *chef’s kiss* The Mc is Shen Lihuan who was reincarnated from a supernatural zombie apocalypse. This novel is different than any other Chinese yuri novel I’ve read, the antagonists don’t have any problems with the Mc herself but they have a feud with her parents. So she’s just going around getting revenge for her parents, like catching her grandpa who killed his eldest son and is having an affair with his son’s wife. Her dad, the second son was disgusted and sad because he had a close relationship with his brother. Killing the illegitimate favored daughter on her mom’s side, sending her grandpa to jail for switching his real son with a dead baby at birth and mistreating him. Defeated a talented gem finder who’s master dislikes her mother. Etc.

Mc is a loyal, intelligent, just person, also, very horny. She found a beauty company called Shengyang at 17 which created an out roar and sat in the top 10 beauty company because of how effective the results are. Acne removing lotion, weight lose pill, energy reviving pull with any side effects. Stopped infants from being trafficked 3 times, the parents were grateful and tried to help her in any way. Save a single mother from property and hired her as Shengyang’s designer. Saved a grown teen who lost his memory to when he was 3 years old and regain his intelligence. She shocked the world after spending 5 years with her team creating a cure for AIDS and did it, was given the ‘Medical Technology Award’ and is trying to did a cure for cancer next.

But none do these are important. The most important thing is the romance. Soo sweet~~ Mc transferred into a school, sat next to FL and they instantly clicked. They so sweet to each, they’re attached to the hip. And I swear Mc has a fetish for FL’s body, especially her legs. Their relationship advanced quickly because they’re mutually pinning for each other. That scene where they made out because FL was drunk was intense. Anyways, their relationship is very nice, never argued. After a while, Mc confesses to FL and they started dating. Both families are accepting of their relationship, not to mention, same-sex marriage is legal and men and women can have kids without the opposite gender. Their first time was when they first entered college, Mc rented a single dormitory that was away from any interference. FL woke up sore and unable to move, Mc helped rub lotion to make her feel better. These horny teens can’t keep their hands off each other. After graduating college, they got married and went on a honeymoons After finding a cure for AIDS, Mc proposed to FL that they should have kids. They did, two beautiful twin girls. They live happily ever after.

Bonus facts: Mc can talk to animals and plants and has a pet snake named Overlord and a pet dog named General
    Mc has a affinity with kids, they all love her
    FL is cold to everyone besides Mc

DEFINITELY RECOMMEND :blobhero::blobhero:

Ubik and Yandere Devil like this.
  20. Riptide01

Riptide01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whaaa so many good novels to read~ (((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) I will compile a list of all these recommend untranslated novels and binge read them all~ ヾ(≧∇≦*)ゝ