Recommendations Looking for Happy Harem "Original" Stories

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by LegionUnderground, Feb 16, 2020.

1. LegionUnderground

LegionUnderground Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heyho,

Since I can’t find any interesting Japanese/Chinese/Korean stories anymore that are fitting, I wanted to ask if you can recommend some “original” stories?

(Again) I’m looking for happy harem stories that aren’t too dark. I just can’t stand it if "good" characters suffer, so I’d like to avoid anything sad! I really enjoy the cute and romantic moments of harem settings and definitely prefer loving/caring mc’s. It would be nice if there is an interesting setting around it like fantasy, isekai, adventure, cultivation, etc. but slice of life is fine as well, I’m open for everything (as long as it’s not sad). I don’t care if they are ongoing, but they should have more than 500k words, the longer the better.

So summarized:
    - Happy Polygamy/Harem Setting
    - Nothing sad (death of “good” characters, separation, rape, etc.)
    - Long stories (ongoing or finished, the longer the better)
    - “Original” stories (Royalroad, Webnovel, etc.) with Asian "setting"

What I’ve already read:
    Spirit Cultivation – very cute and fluffy harem, very cute romance scenes, sometimes slightly serious story
    The True Endgame – sometimes a bit slow but nice and fun harem setting

What I paused:
    Endless Path : Infinite Cosmos – Sounds really interesting, but I don’t like the separation when changing worlds, maybe reading it later if he reunites with everybody
    Dual Cultivation – It’s more about sex than real feelings. Not such a big fan of girls only being “used”, also most of his past loves are probably dead.

Thanks so much in advance! =D

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Sabruness likes this.
  2. Nryuu

Nryuu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You forgot to mention ScribbleHub!!! Watch your back Tony is coming after you! :blobowoevil_horns:

Blue Core has a Harem. The story isn't tagged as a harem novel, but mc makes sweet love with multiple girls. ScribbleHub link. RoyalRoad link.
    The Silly Alchemist. The MC has a harem, but he doesn't sleep with them. 400+ chapters and he's still a virgin. Even with him visiting brothels since he was five...
    You could try Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru. It's a manga with a harem. Mostly a slow life story.
    There's also a great story on ScribbleHub called Wake of the Ravager, but I'm not sure if you'll like it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The grammar in that one is shit. I couldn't stand it. :blobangery:

6. 10sWBlade

10sWBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    You know that the mc is going to go back to his original world right? The novel is also the best in this category i i ha ever seen so maybe you should continue reading it. The latest chapters are even more better.

8. ArashiKitsune

ArashiKitsune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I recommend rokujouma no shinryakusha

9. Rwings

Rwings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kindle Unlimited Rec's - Also most have graphic sex scenes in them so if that's not your thing just ignore.

WIEDERGEBURT: Legend of the Reincarnated Warrior - Downside is that its a almost 100% copy of Tales of Demons and Gods. Upside is that the changes actually make it better to me, but you still can't get around the fact its a blatant rip off of TDG. That said its the only patreon I've ever sub to just to read the rest of the chapters out. Also it does have one sad moment in the unreleased chapters, but given how little screen time they got it really didn't bother me too much.

Rise of the Shadow Rogue - Not a happy harem but an interesting one. Sort of on the fence about this one. So this is a lukewarm rec.

Finding Real Magic - Only one book so far, but if you like Warehouse 13 you might like this. Its harem elements are a little to sex focus that character focus though.

Black Friday - Very lukewarm rec. Its painfully average but fine enough to kill time with.

Herald of Shalia - The premise of the story is sad and a lot of sad things happen in passing, but its also fun in a way. Biggest issue is the MC is a little too self centered for my like. There seems to be a hint of character progression in book 3 but if that happens only time will tell.

Storiesoninle/Literotica - Sex story sites

Opus One - Story about 3 people (M/F/F) starting the first semester at a music college that try to make their relationship work. Slice of life.
    Model Student - Same concept as Opus one. Focusing on an Art college instead
    Six Times A Day - Contains incest and gratuitous amount of sex. Insanely long story.
    Three Square Meals - Another insanely long story with a lot of focus on the sex aspect. Gave up a little over 100 chapters in because of too much split focus the longer the series goes, but if you don't mind sex in a story its worth reading.
    POW (Prisoner Of The Widows) - Set early in the Iraq war. I don't remember much about it but I didn't dislike it.

Royalroad

The Arcane Emperor - Author makes it a little hard to care about the story a times and way to much theory crafting but I like what I read of it
    Atros Imperium - Beginning is very rough, author mentioned wanting to rewrite it so might be something to hold off on until that happens. Like what I read of it though even with the rough start.

10. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    akroxx likes this.
  11. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    o many recommendations, thanks a lot =D

Let me go through every recommendation :x
    @Nryuu
    Fourth Prince’s Debauchery - honestly, i don't know if i like the background of him getting reborn everytime and just going for debauchery in this life... this kinda makes the feelings/romance/relationship less important... but beside that it could be a fun read I guess, if the gramma isn’t as bad as Omnicast mentioned xD

@Omnicast
    How could I forget ScribbleHub, I’m soo sorry :p
    Blue Core – after reading some comments, I’m still not sure if it’s something for me or not. As mentioned before, I like the romance/relationship part of harems and all I read in the comments is how good and “willing shared pleasure” the tentacle stuff is… it’s great that it isn’t rape (hate that stuff) but still… not sure if it’s fitting :x

The Silly Alchemist – I don’t mind at all if he sleeps with the girls, as long as he really cares for them and treats them as his “family” I don’t mind that at all. But the commends I read sounded pretty devastating; hypocritical mc, loveinterest send away for 350 chapters, in general quite many comments about the mc being quite selfish and “evil” etc. I guess it’s quite the common Chinese mc… maybe I try to get some more information about the relationships/harem etc. before reading it later.

Wake of the Ravager – I guess this is pretty dark and evil and the mc is also more on the dark then bright side?

Regarding mangas, sadly I’m not a big fan of them. They just tend to be a lot shorter read (well drawing needs a lot of effort and as reader you go through a page of pictures a lot faster than through a page fully written).

@10sWBlade
    I finished Arifureta ages ago, it’s quite known Japanese harem setting novel ^^ Personal I lost interest in the second “segment” (don’t wanna spoiler too much, hope you know what I’m talking about)

@An Anime Addict
    I know that he is wanna go back at some point, but I only know about him being in the second world while the first world is “frozen in time”… I have it on my list since I heard a lot good about it, but till he starts fusing the worlds/harems I’m not really into reading it :x

@lehur
    Sadly I’m not a fan of fanfics about big franchises sry :/

@ArashiKitsune
    Another Japanese Novel ^^ I have it on my list for a long time, but never started reading. Japanese MC’s are soo dense and I kinda fear some sad moments (ghosts are always risky :x )

@Rwings
    well, sometimes I skip some sex scenes (e.g. Spirit Cultivation Novel) but I don’t really mind them and sometimes they bland into the story pretty well. But I’m not really interested in novels that are only based around sex scenes.

WIEDERGEBURT: Legend of the Reincarnated Warrior – mhh the description doesn’t sound bad. But 1. Why should I read the ripoff instead of the original (what kind of changes are there, that you prefer Wiedergeburt?) and 2. Mind to spoiler the “sad moment”? I’m really super sensible with some things and feeling terrible about thing that others don’t even care about :x

Shadow Rogue – Well after my last sentence you can guess that “not a happy harem” is a huge warning comment for me :x I’m really bad with suffering etc.

Finding Real Magic – Warhouse 13 was super strange but I kinda liked it xD (we talking about the tv series, right?) “harem … sex focused then character focus” meh, then it’s probably nothing for me :x

Black Friday – You aren’t talking about the thriller by James Patterson, right? Right???

Herald of Shalia – the description sounds really good… but I’m super scared about the sad things you mentioned :/ Honestly, after reading the disclosure I would think it’s a happy story about him being so op that no one can hurt them and him caring a lot for his “lovable new followers” but the sad things and the self centered mc probable isn’t something I would enjoy :/

Opus One/Model Student – I guess it’s a more realistic approach, but I think I wouldn’t enjoy it so much.

Six Times A Day – mhh sorry but the story idea isn’t my thing at all, and (minor thing I know but) the pictures are suuuper creepy ^^

Three Square Meals – Doesn’t get me really hooked either, but honestly there isn’t anything special that I dislike so I may try it later.

The Arcane Emperor – Was it dropped? No update for 7 month now. Idea sound interesting, same goes for Atros Imperium, but after reading many comments about them they seem to be lagging quite a lot :/

@Ddraig
    The Simulacrum – seems to be a really interesting story, really sad that it’s “only” a love triangle :x

Honestly I thought that there would be many more similar stories to Spirit Cultivation xD I thought such fantasy or cultivation setting are quite common, with an mc that meets different girls who he care for/fall in love with and don’t wanna separate from, but it seems I was wrong :x I guess I have to readjust a little now ^^

If you have more recommendations, I’m always happy to hear about them =D

And again, thanks for all your help so far!

12. Rwings

Rwings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WIEDERGEBURT: Legend of the Reincarnated Warrior – mhh the description doesn’t sound bad. But 1. Why should I read the ripoff instead of the original (what kind of changes are there, that you prefer Wiedergeburt?) and 2. Mind to spoiler the “sad moment”? I’m really super sensible with some things and feeling terrible about thing that others don’t even care about :x

Changes are the love interest and MC spend 15~ years traveling and being a loving couple before she dies. If i remember right in TDG the girl dies very early on and the MC spends centuries not around her.So when the main character goes back in time the relationship seems more believable I guess. Also MC isn't a cocky asshole which is a plus for me. The sad thing is a girl dies but she's given so very little screen time it was hard to care and I like you don't like seeing people suffer.

Shadow Rogue – Well after my last sentence you can guess that “not a happy harem” is a huge warning comment for me :x I’m really bad with suffering etc.

Its not a happy harem in that its all combat focus. Nothing bad happens to any of the main characters though if your a side character chances are you don't live long. No one interesting dies though.

Finding Real Magic – Warhouse 13 was super strange but I kinda liked it xD (we talking about the tv series, right?) “harem … sex focused then character focus” meh, then it’s probably nothing for me :x

Yeah the TV show. Its got potential which is why I suggested it. I wish the first book spent a lot less time on sex and more on characters cause that part was interesting.

Black Friday – You aren’t talking about the thriller by James Patterson, right? Right???

Nah. Its by Jan Stryvant. Lion hybrid mage fights slavery and demons. Its meh, but readable.

Herald of Shalia – the description sounds really good… but I’m super scared about the sad things you mentioned :/ Honestly, after reading the disclosure I would think it’s a happy story about him being so op that no one can hurt them and him caring a lot for his “lovable new followers” but the sad things and the self centered mc probable isn’t something I would enjoy :/

Its sad in the sense that the followers are hated/persecuted because of the religion they follow. So you have a lot of damaged people and no named people hinted at being killed off screen. Its one of those demi-human persecution type stories. Wasn't sure if you didn't want any negative things in the story. If your find with that setting then that's all you got to deal with. No named people are killed/rape/hurt/etc... The main character being self center is sex related.

Opus One/Model Student – I guess it’s a more realistic approach, but I think I wouldn’t enjoy it so much.

Yeah its realistic approach to dealing with a harem in 'real life'. I liked them because its so character focus.

Six Times A Day – mhh sorry but the story idea isn’t my thing at all, and (minor thing I know but) the pictures are suuuper creepy ^^

Story is meh, but only rec because its both long as hell and focuses on a happy harem. Don't think many peoples ever read it all.

The Arcane Emperor – Was it dropped? No update for 7 month now. Idea sound interesting, same goes for Atros Imperium, but after reading many comments about them they seem to be lagging quite a lot :/

Haven't read it in a year. So not sure

Here's a goodread list I created awhile ago that might help some https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/124235.Polygyny_Standalone_or_1st_in_Series.

13. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    hey @Rwings ,
    sorry for the late reply. Wiedergeburt, ohh i see. But i think that’s already to sad for me... I’m really stupidly sensitive :x

Shadow Rogue - actually this doesn’t sound to bad. As long as the "ppl i like" survive i'm fine if others die... well honestly not always, sometimes there are e.g. innocent girls who get "used/killed" etc. and i hate that a lot as well, but that just as a side note xD

Herald of Shalia - mhh ok... hard decision, really. Its all about how detailed the "suffering" is explained... if its only background, as you said, and its just mentioned roughly i may be fine with it... mhh i'll try to get a bit more information about it maybe...

Thanks for the linked list, i'll look though it. But my main problem with reading in general is this stupid fear of sad moments... i tried so hard to just "sort" novels here on NU and other databases for harem/polygamy settings. But sooo many of them 1. have an unexpected single-girl end (mostly in Japanese stories) with all the other girls being thrown away or 2. death of 1-2 main girls (or possible main girls), etc... and i just can't stand it... that’s why i'm always looking for recommendations to avoid such stuff :x

ohh, btw. if someone reads though this thread for himself; I just was recommended "reaper of the martial world" that should be fitting as well :x

If anyone has another recommendation, i'm always happy about more =D

14. darkofficer

darkofficer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The mc in this isnt that dense. If one of the girls realize she has feeling for the mc BOOM confession. And don't worry about the ghost
    she has a real body
    also there are so many good and cute moments in it

15. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    @darkofficer ohh really? I didn't expect that at all! That’s great! =D Well, with Japanese stories i still have some fear, that there won't be an harem ending with everybody, but since its ongoing and you said he is quite direct i just hope the best and gonna try it soon =D

@valantias With my search for "original" novels i was basically looking for those English written stuff, sorry if my formulation was misleading there. The stories I’ve found and enjoyed the most had all some "Asian themed" stuff, like Chinese names, cultivation theme etc. but have been written by e.g. Americans or Rumanians etc.

So Storiesonline may be quite a good place to look for fitting stories then... i definitely will try the forum there ^^ I don't really mind if they don't have an Asian setting (i just prefer it), oh and i also don't mind sex at all, its just that sometimes its to much "sex" without feelings etc because romance and feelings are replaced by sex... that’s kinda disappointing then, but if sex is just a part of the relationship, i don't mind it (i may get bored and skip through it, but that doesn’t matter). AS LONG AS there is a happy harem setting with kinda linear story (interesting girls he meets and spend time with end in his harem and getting part of his family etc.) and nothing major sad happening (if it can be resolved some drama is still fine for me ^^) i am quite open for different story ideas =D

Well, maybe i'll write you again to ask you for some spoilers regarding the "sad things" that you mentioned in your recommendations (so that i can decide myself if i can handle them or if i can't ^^) :x

16. Rwings

Rwings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @LegionUnderground Read 2 new series since I last posted both should be what your looking for.

First one is https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48768566-quantum-proliferation . The third book comes out tomorrow. I like it a lot for the cast of characters.

The other series is https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41148458-morrigan-s-bidding. Which I think you'd like. A few points about it though. The first 90% of book one is good the last 10% to me felt weirdly out of place. The last 10% could be considered sad but it just felt like the author wanted the story to move in a new direction and took the easy way to get there. The second book for my own personal reasons I didn't care for (they acknowledge the 4th wall to many times, plus the main character talks a lot about a character from his past you never meet and I don't care when stories do that.) Books 3 and 4 however are really good.

Overall its a slow story about bettering the lives of the people the main character meets. The sex is done right in that the first time with each girl is focused and then its not graphic in anyway just used to show it being a part of their relationship and its dynamics.

17. Harem story finder

Harem story finder Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I can’t post a thread yet. I was also looking for original harem stories. Atros Imperium was a good original harem story. It had a good plot and didn’t heavily involve sex but still loved his girls. Something similar to that. Since I feel like I’m gonna end up reading through all light novels and Webnovels. I need to find something new ya know.

18. KhotunKhan123

KhotunKhan123 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stealing the protagonist's yandere lovers

19. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2024