Discussion Anyone been following Dota Pro Tournaments?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by justmehere, Feb 25, 2020.

Tags:
?

TI10 Winner?

1. OG

2. Secret

3. Nigma

4. Alliance

5. VP

6. Chinese team

7. SEA Team

8. Some other team not mentioned here

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what do you think the chances are for these teams?

I personally think this OG can use the old OG tactics.
    Sure when jerax retired Topson lost his reckless team mate, Saksa is no where disruptive as Jerax did, but I think midone somewhat covers the map control with his skills.
    Ana is sorely missed of course. It is plainly obvious to me Sumail is not on par on terms of carrying compared to Ana. But one thing they can do with Sumail is to put him anywhere on any lane. This is going to be so frekin disruptive during drafting phase. When you have topson training for morphling in pubs, now any team playing OG won't know if Morphling is going to be put mid or safelane, better yet played by topson or Sumail (sort of like Ana ember spirit).
    The obvious gap would be Cebs brain when drafting, we will see how good Notail draft without Ceb by his side.

Nigma is a bit problematic. Miracle is playing too recklessly of late. I think Nigma is trying to copy OG strat, but their team was not built upon aggressive play style, miracle is the only one with this play style imo. If you see OG, they would rarely back off during a fight, either they escape or wiped together. You would see Nigma scurrying around when the fights turn difficult for them. This is bad imo.

Secret is looking good with Matu in their team. IMO, Nigma shot themselves in the foot when they kicked Matu. Coz it was obvious Matu was the 2nd go to guy whenever Miracle was in trouble. W33 is just not comparable to Matu imo.

SEA players are just lacking in their late games. In retrospect, TNC did pretty well on the last TI because this meta favor aggressive plays, thats why in early game, OG plays looked like SEA team. OG would always gank and so on. But what SEA team was lacking for their late game was their hero draft , late cover ganking and map control. Until there is a play maker from the west coaching SEA teams what they are lacking, SEA can't be a TI Champion IMO. (Plz note I'm from Indonesia... Even I am admitting we're waaay behind on this game, even topson can stomp armel and IYD together in one team)

On side note, I think chinese teams should be promoting their players more to involve the international fans.

So who do you think will win this TI?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Still OG as of yet. I agree that team Nigma is fumbling when miracle don't make play and they lack dynamic aggressive dual play Topson and ana can display. It doesn't help that miracle often pulled his team into unfavorable position during his aggressive play nor his team seems unaware of being pulled by trying to aggressively come in his support.

3. ballster147

ballster147 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From SEA-PH here. Please use a more vague word or others may take it as an insult.
    I always bet on TNC for support but tbh I think still OG.

justmehere likes this.
  4. willistrong

willistrong New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Chinese team is insane

5. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems to me nigma is still trying to find the right heroes to outpace OG.

Imo, people might be looking at secret and look at them as the top dog right now, but I think if OG can find the chemistry again with the new team, secret can't keep up with OG. Matu been seen time to time struggling when the other team is hustling fast.

Aster is looking good.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2020