Resolved [D]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ExcitableFoci, Feb 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [D]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember reading somewhere that when baby boys are in the womb, some of their genetic material makes it up to the mother's brain. So it could be mind control!

So don't trust babies, they are evil! I suggest instead sniffing some Toxoplasma gondii and getting a cat master instead.

mir and Deleted member 125960 like this.
  3. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are curious about the argument maybe a random forum of a bunch people that read isekai, bl and cultivation is not the best place to start?

There are people that love their descendants and there are people that do not, the only way to know which one are you is have a child of your own. Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Mnotia, felidormit, Milanin and 4 others like this.
  4. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm never going to have kids. I don't want to. I would put my life at risk to protect any child who was in danger in front of me. They never asked to be born. They're here because we made them. The least I can do is keep them safe. To keep a child from mortal danger I'd give up my life if that's what it cost. If someone or something was trying to kill them I will kill if I have to.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Mnotia, felidormit, KizunaAi and 13 others like this.
  5. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd die for the sake of my siblings and parents and future kids. Family is extremely important to me since we've moved around a lot and never made friends that lasted longer than 4 years, so we're very close. And I practically cared for my siblings since their birth. ^^;

felidormit, Dr_H_16, Arash1 and 10 others like this.
  6. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's just say, there are people in my family I'll just watch them die without helping.

felidormit, KizunaAi, Milanin and 5 others like this.
  7. Sea of Sorrow

Sea of Sorrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My selfish instincts of self preservation would scream a big fat NO, but I don’t have kids, so no clue.

As for the reasons behind parental love/sacrifice, imagine investing a lot of time, patience, money and emotions on a little thing that descents from you. So, when you look at it you see all that, along with a reflection of yourself which means that even if you love yourself just a little tiny bit, you’ll love that small creature even more, because you see it as an alternate version of you that if you help and guide it well, it’ll have a better life than you.

It’s like building a sand castle and then see someone try to ruin it. You’ll get in the way so that all your efforts won’t be in vain.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Mnotia, felidormit, KizunaAi and 6 others like this.
  8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    How important? Mmmmmmmm, it's hard to say. I do care for my family and wish the best for them for sure, they certainly matter to me.
    How much though? More than friends, less than the really close friends I guess. I want their best and will do what I can to help them, but I have a lot of disagreements with them and I can't trust them with that many things. At the end of the day I care more for the people I developed a real close emotional attachment due to other reasons than just blood.

Dying? No. I would do almost anything for my children without a doubt, but death is not one of those things.
    I can't simply fathom I'd throw my life away for anything or anyone... I just can't. I'm not that selfless nor that courageous.
    I don't think I'd ever get over being unable to save my child because I couldn't throw my life away for them though.

As for the parental love thing... Well, first of all there is a biological aspect that creates a very deep bond between parent and child.
    That aside... Uhn... I don't think you realize how much effort is raising a child. How crazy it is to spend months sleeping no more than an hour or two consecutively, because your baby keeps waking up and you need to give them attention, or how much you need to care for them to not get hurt, while also trying to teach them independence, letting them do things on your own, the fear of them hurting themselves when you aren't looking...

There are just so so soooooo many things involved into parenting, that it's almost impossible to not get deeply attached to your child if you try to be a good parent. How would you not care for someone that has basically been the center of the last one or two decades of your life?

Also, there is a very simple factor... Many people just dream of being parents for a long long time before actually becoming parents. Do you really think they wouldn't love their child when they already dreamed of being together with them long before they even found their significant other?
    It doesn't even need to be a blood-connected child, it can very well be a child you adopted, you'll still care for them very very deeply if you adopted them... Otherwise, why would you have even adopted in the first place?

It honestly doesn't have much to do with the fact you gave birth to them, and a lot more to do with the fact you want that child to grow up well and that you have given your all to make that a reality.

asriu, Diametric, KizunaAi and 4 others like this.
  9. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    is not meat unliterate rustic, it's called genetic

Read Dictionary
    adjective: genetic
    1. 1.relating to genes or heredity.
      "all the cells in the body contain the same genetic information"
    Subsequently;​

noun: heredity
    1. 1.the passing on of physical or mental characteristics genetically from one generation to another.
    Meaning, all the parent or children doing are fall under the string that tied both (physic and mental by genetic) than outcome born from pure logic/ reasoning of free mind

imK and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  10. MadraRua

MadraRua :: ˓(ᑊᘩᑊ⁎) :: Divorcee

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever heard of Dissasociative Disorder? It may explain your lack of comprehension. Basically, you lack attachment or a need for attachment. Which may explain your ''piece of meat'' metaphor.

People form attachment, even, believe it or not, beyond the womb. Google it.

11. morningstar122

morningstar122 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's just say, there are people in my family I'll just watch them die without helping.

imK likes this.
  12. adrielpirate

adrielpirate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe a psychologist can explain this to you better, we are mere readers who have... or don't... a good relationship with our family.

I hate mine, but I don't want to see them suffer just because I don't like them... I don't want anyone to suffer really.

as humans, we need the connection with other humans to make our existence in this world bearable... we need something to tell us, that we didn't come to this world for nothing.

love and care for a child, is a way to pass your will and existence beyond your life span... that is the reason no parent should be allowed to bury theirs sons or daughters.

imK and KizunaAi like this.
  13. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    Repost

14. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because it's a hormonal response it doesn't mean it's not real.

Just because it's a hormonal response it doesn't mean it's important. Or not important.

Are we only our hormonal answers to stimulus?

ExcitableFoci, imK and Femme Fatale like this.
  15. IndusEla

IndusEla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Without a doubt, I'd die for them. I'm a teen and yet I still feel deep love for a child I'm not going to have for at least another ten years or so. I don't know why but I do know I'd die for them and same goes for my parents as well. Love and care is the driving point. I'd die for my friends too if we're really close.

I haven't had a kid but I still love them. There are no hormones clouding my brain.

imK, KizunaAi and Femme Fatale like this.
  16. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I would die for my family.

imK and Femme Fatale like this.
  17. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    When I had my first daughter, I was surprised at the rush of feeling I had when I first saw her. OMG, to this day I can't explain it. It's like all of a sudden my heart burst and reassembled itself. The bond was instantaneous, and I realised at that moment I would do ANYTHING for that little bit of wonder I had brought into this world. It's not a logical feeling, it. just. happens. *boggles*

When I had my second daughter, I was worried that I wouldn't have enough love for her because I was still very much in love with my first daughter. In fact, I remember voicing my concerns to my husband. He was really good about it, gently telling me with a soft chuckle that I was being silly (he has children from a previous marriage) and he said: "A parents love is infinite, it will happen so naturally that you will be blown away."

And damn it, he was right. >_> The moment I saw that weak little chicken bodied girl, I felt that same feeling as before and I was blown away at the strength of that emotion. You see parents crying with happiness when they meet the little person they've been nurturing with blind faith for months and that's because there is no stronger kind of love, that bond, that makes women pick up cars to save their children or cover them from huge hail storms with their own bodies. Makes a dad murderous if their daughter is abused in any way. They are our most precious treasures that we nurture and love until one day....they go out into the world on their own....

When you have to protect your baby during a hail storm.
    [​IMG]

So yes...I know I'm capable of dying for my child. Is it the smartest decision?....maybe not. Sometimes us parents have to fight that urge because when logic is used it's not the best solution.. Thank God we have brains, cause if it was all instincts I probably would have died a couple of times already. >_>

Just for laughs (not all good advice)
    [​IMG]

Teaching Responsibility
    [​IMG]
    I feel better already. ^.^
    [​IMG]

It pays to laugh. :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  18. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Repost?
    We need the inquisition! @Westeller

19. lamb19

lamb19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you die for something you think its worth it? Would you kill for it if there was the need?
    Its just that simple.
    World peace, religion, money, family, love, knowlegde, benefits, patriotism, career, progress, even your favorite brand of toothpaste. If you think its worth it then you would want to conquer first and protect next.

asriu, mir, imK and 1 other person like this.
  20. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    *lols* Okay, one last parenting meme ( I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many)

[​IMG]

lamb19, imK and Invisalats like this.