Discussion There's Something Weird About This Novel

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Cosmic_, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm reading a novel on SH called Summoned Again?, I'm enjoying it, but I can't help but realize and notice that along with its sudden and fast presentation of content, it has this fitting and weird casual writing style and narrative structure that makes me feel like I'm having a fever dream.

I can still follow along with the events and all even if it's a bit chaotic and has rapidfire events/plot points, but just reading it makes me feel like there's some sort of insanity that I'm slowly gaining or picking up from the author.

I'm not trying to bash or mean any harm. I'm just hoping that someone can give me their opinion on this and tell me that I'm not alone in this experience.

I've read weird before like
    Just An Average Voice In Your Head (A Jumpchain/Original Quest). I've been through the insanity of NU, RR, FF, SB, SV, and even QQ, yet, this one novel has made me notice this interesting and mesmerizing style and structure. It's simple, lacks detail and description, lacks set up, and things just happen, yet I can't help but be entertained and read on despite the craziness and uniqueness of it. It's like a droplet of Wonderland. I find bits of this in a lot of novels on SH like My Sister The Villainess. This writing style of madness in amateur writers.

There's something special and strange going on with ScribbleHub cause I swear its like the central hub for this weird and distorted kind of writing style. I'd believe it if Tony was some sort of eldritch horror and ScribbleHub was his/her SCP child.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Shouldn't you be putting that in a thread in Scribbly instead of here? o.0

OnceandFutureLurker likes this.
  3. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    I would, but NU is much more active and I fear that SH is somehow a SCP entity that's slowly infecting my brain and twisting my sanity.

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's exactly why you should post there! To increase the activity and lose your sanity! \(^^)/

5. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no. Ai-chan save us all. It's gotten Alice. She's one of them now. :blobfearful:

Dr_H_16 and AliceShiki like this.
  6. Neigh

Neigh "Lich-King" "Harem-Fan" "Tragedy-Hater"

Reading List:
    Link
    The Novel "I Came Back but the World is Still a Fantasy!?" is too a Very Strange/Confusing Novel, at least as far as i heard. It should be Very hard to Read.

Cosmic_ likes this.
  7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It's what happens when you read too much MTL and are co-morbid chuuni. :blobfearful:

Cosmic_ likes this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Silly you, NUF has long taken my sanity~

Á̶̱̖̟̐͊̔̚ṋ̸̜̳͖̫̀͑d̸̛̻̜̘̳̺̋̓̊͝ ̷̖̔̏̈͆̚i̵̜̰͙̘̓̅́̇͝ṯ̷̮́ ̸̥̮̗̓t̶̢̡̛̙͓̖̂͆̋̈́ọ̷͑ȍ̴̞̻̇̃͜͝k̵͔͛ ̵̱̞̩̖̮̒̄y̵̢̰̣̾o̴͉̪̰̘͛̈́͊͂͝ủ̶̧͔͉͖̏̀͊r̴̛̖̲̠̀̉́̍ş̵̧̯̦̊̊͠ ̶͇̝̪̈́̆͠á̴̖̈͠s̸͎̰̺̑̓̚̕ͅ ̴͕͙̏̑͠w̴̥̝̒e̷̡͈̳̙̒̂̂͝ͅl̴̪͈͗̉̇͘͝l̶̟̰͉̏~̴̦̄̀̈̂̍

Cosmic_ likes this.
  9. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The person who wrote the story has as a profile pic of what looks like a bloody handprint , of course it would be crazy even totally insane

Cosmic_ likes this.
  10. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    No! It can't be true. That's impossible! I won't allow it!

Ṯ̶̨̡̢̛̬̱̱̠̪̫̣͑̅̓̃̂̎̽͝͠͝ó̷̦̠͚͍̳͕̻̯̒̓̃͊̋̂͗̽̆͝o̶̝̼̠̼̯̣̝̣̙̓͆̐͛͒͒̉̈́̏̚͠͝ͅ ̴̯̮͎̩͕̲͔̼̯̺̟̜̈́͘l̷̛̜͕̤̼͖͓̗̽̄̕͠ͅå̶̰͉̠̙̙̏̕̚t̸̬͌̇͛̊̀ę̷̣̹̣̱̭͙̪̞̝̫̱̬͑̅̂͒̽͊̍̎̄̀̓͘.̶̡̡̫̠̣̰͓̺̳̫̭͈̩̄̃̄̎͛́̿͛̅ ̵̧̢̨̨͚̤̞͙͇̜̖̳̦͖̪̇͛̽̒̈́̋́͗̿́T̶̢̢̫̩͍͇͕̤͓̒̀̀̐̅̒͑̅̌͋̀͑̀̑ḫ̵̛̱̉͒̌̎̑̑́͌̊̋̑͘͝è̷̫̠̝̙̞͎͎̬̞̙̊̀̉͒͋̉̀̓͜ͅr̶̤̥̖͔̺̬͇̤̻̦̼̲̱̚ͅͅẻ̵̳̄̀̓̈̆͒̓̃̈́͘̕͠͠'̷̻̻̅̂̂̀̅͘͝ŝ̶̢̮͔͓̩̜͉̹̓̇̇̈́͝ ̷͇̀̋̎̕n̶̡̺͔̻͉̺̗̲͉̯̘͍̗̗͒̉͊̅͊͠ͅo̴̳̣͔͉̪̦̪̟͋̑̽͒̒̎͌̋͛̑̏ ̷̣̱̼̩̻̞̎͘͘g̵̯̏̔̀̑́́͊̈̈͋̔͠o̵͔̓̅̌́͋̉̌͆͒̔͝i̵̧̼̺͎̣̮̺̥͈̼͉̓̀̿̽̇ņ̴̳̹̈́̈̈́̇̐͐̿̎̽̂͒̾̈́͌g̸͖̳̘̲̥͓̝̣̠͖͓͔͒͜͜ ̵̢̼̼͖͔̙͚̀̆̀̊̒͐͊̎̿̚b̸̢̺̗͉͕̰̭̃̋̒̉̃̂͋̈́͐́̿͝a̶̖̹͕̖̪̟̠̫̤̹͍̗̖͙̯͑̈́̉̎̚ç̴̣͙̮̼͙̠̀͋͋͂̂͛͛̎ķ̴̗̫̳̤̤̪̲͚̼͛̓̓̌̈́.̷̼̪̟̭̯́̈́̈̕ͅ ̸̛̱̙̠̉̐̑̐͆͘

AliceShiki likes this.
  11. sKunKmike

sKunKmike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't help but lampoon
    The creator must be
    Spectator pathway sequence 1
    Angel of imagination

Cosmic_ and Myself like this.
  12. Keiko Ayano

Keiko Ayano Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Normal. You just have to engage M/S Protocols.

Cosmic_ likes this.
  13. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Author of my aistr the villainess here.

Fuck you ya wee little cunt. That writing style was a choice. Look at my other works. I can write well. I just chose not to there.

Heh. Just a bunch of madness, that one. Which people love, mostly. Wanna know a secret? I usually get high when im writing that one.

Alice sent me here saying, "ayo cup there some twat badmouthing yer novel, go get em" but you really weren't and you are right that its got insanity mixed in and im just here to sya thats actually intentional. Mostly. Cuz like i said. I get high. I just have fun with it, ya know? Making stories that are too serious make me bored fast, least in a novel like that i can justifiable get away with shit like rolling up a king jn a blanket like a giant blunt and threatening to smoke him with his own son. Or have three lolies commmit inhumane experiments on animes and fellow humans to give themselves animal ears for no reason other than them wanting to get spoiled by a cat-girl lovng MC.

Its a story that lives on through memes, easter eggs galore, and sexy ass trees. Aw yeah. Some fine, thicccc trees...so, eh, i aint gonna give anyone shit for calling it out.

Its only when you start sounding personally offended that i'd tell ya to fuck off.

I dunno about writing style tho? Is the writing styls in that novel weird, or is it just the events that happen in it thats weird? Personally I feel mine has a bit of both, cuz its not like anything crazy or unique in HOW the story is told, but the MC is a crazy little shithead troll

Cosmic_ and AliceShiki like this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    o.0
    Gotta love the way you rewrote what I said~ *giggles*

It's not wrong though~

Dr_H_16, Cosmic_ and Cupcake Ninja like this.
  15. Dragon-sama

Dragon-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That novel has good translation. It is a good read except for the fact that you cant get used to the flow. The scenes keep changing to different parts of the novels timeline(past,future,present)(and it feels sudden and random) its more like a puzzle. We need to bridge that huge information gap with our imagination . I think that it is a novel that can be understood only if read fully. Its an unique experience. Aside from that the mc's okay (not beta). Well personally I think that the mc has an interesting personality.