LCD Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TUSF, Oct 22, 2015.

1. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    rip, also.
    lmao

AHKoT likes this.
  2. AHKoT

AHKoT [FA sect] [2nibyou] [ReverseEpi] [Htrap]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I remember you, you kept your avatar quite long hah?

3. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I've literally never used a different avatar before. On any website.

AHKoT likes this.
  4. Katsurandom

Katsurandom [The One That Does Nothing][Villager C]

Reading List:
    Link
    so did you left for another site?

I only remember another site like this and was run by a freya bot or something....i don't remember the name but it had something like aho something i think...?

5. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Me? Not really. I'm just talking about profile pictures in general over any site.
    If you see NZPIEFACE, chances are I'm going to have this profile picture there if I can be bothered uploading it.

6. dlhorton

dlhorton Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why hasn’t there been a new release?

7. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    cause the author hasnt written anything

8. Tiken

Tiken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember the author got serialized and the webnovel is on a second priority if not lower

9. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    i hope that the anime version won't end up like arifureta

userunfriendly likes this.
  10. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    NOTHING could be as bad as...nvm. Crossing fingers and toes.:facepalm:

11. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I have seen I will place my bet on better than average anime, but on failure it will be an arifureta.
    Well I have to say that Arifureta atleast is watchable if you skip episode 1-5, and start with the recap episode 5.5 (it's watchable, but that's all).

End of story, I don't think it will end up becoming an arifureta, after all the backlash and poor reception it got.
    As I see it arifureta was more of a quick cashgrab while we knew about kumo before we even knew about arifureta (atleast that is how it was for me).
    And from what I have seen it also looks as if they have taken inspiration from the manga.

But I still can't help but get scared everytime I read about the posibility for it ending up as arifureta...

12. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author hasn't come out and explicitly said it but it sounds like he's doing a re-write of the story for the anime.

13. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of makes sense, The author made an update at the start of this year basically saying (s)he (for some reason I always assume this author is female) was to busy all year, and likely more busy this year as well.

14. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    and the behavior of the mc is different from the novel even the voice it shouldn't be a deep one should be an average highschool boy one, even if he went through all of that. then they skipped all of the important parts then just made it like a trailer vid. even the area and the sceneries are different from the description.

and also i have noticed that most japanese novels, light novels rather are being prepared for the anime version from the start of the story to the end. basing it on how the characters talks, their expressions, their personality and the flow of story.

kenar and DragonMage18 like this.
  15. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I suspect the author is male but I'm not certain.

Anyway, the author did post some time ago saying how hard it was to switch between writing the LN the WN and the anime at the same time so de-prioritised the WN. Surely such a thing would only happen if the author was knee deep in writing stuff for the anime?

16. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently at a Taipei convention last month the author also confirmed the anime will be going in some slightly different directions than the novels. :blob_plusone:

It's really hard to pin it down. Their pen name is horse track old man... but their surrogate in the Q&A sections is D... Kumoko is the main character of the novel... but Shun is basically the main character of the side chapters... :hmm:

We actually also got some pictures of the author from that convention... unfortunately they're also very shy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hmm... :blob_tilt:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    kenar and kari-no-sugata like this.
  17. Katsurandom

Katsurandom [The One That Does Nothing][Villager C]

Reading List:
    Link
    So the author of our favorite hikineet Spider is shy.....

Also i always thought of okina baba as female. Dunno why,

18. murilopk

murilopk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really a fan of anime so I don't have much expectations, but I still hope it is released quickly so the author gets more time to work on the webnovel

19. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the info.

This wouldn't surprise me, particularly if the anime is 1 cour. Basically, generally being a once-off, it's good for anime to have a clear story arc that has a sense of completion even if it's based an on-going series. Of course, it could still end on a cliffhanger in some ways...

There's some surprisingly big differences between the WN and LN as well. The author is clearly not afraid to do major re-writes.

It's certainly possible. It feels like a very personal project and if the author was female then I suspect she felt very different to her peers and maybe not feminine by conventional standards of her society, for example.

I've often struggled to enjoy anime versions of manga/WNs that I particularly like and it's been a bit harder recently for some reason - I just don't feel much of a connection and get bored. But the more original the anime is the less this might be an issue, assuming the original bits are interesting.

kenar likes this.
  20. murilopk

murilopk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is that they always make some minor changes to fit the general screenplay of an anime, it's mostly minor changes and nothing big, but I always feel I'm watching the same cliched scenes everytime, even when the original stories are somehow unique.

As for the fact that is harder to connect to WNs we like, I belive it's because when we read, the story is ruled by our imagination and understanding of what the author wrote, while in the anime, the story is adapted from the director/studio imagination and what they can animate is also limited.

AHKoT likes this.