LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naruto repeatedly showing flashbacks over and over again is very different from introducing characters for the first time and showing off a DK fragment and letting us see what Randolf is capable of. Death Mage doesn't have filler, all of the details matter.

2. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Flashbacks, fantasy sequences, and comic relief scenarios are filler, this isn't any of that. This might end up being a bridge to another arc.

DarkZealot likes this.
  3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the chapter.

Ignoring the banter between the two, I find Randolf to be... pragmatic... Fun fact, so both women are left with stumps, from the elbow and knee or shoulder to thigh? And the noble lady is blind and mute? Really kinky shit if they are going into the prostitution.

He is also looking for Van for whatever reasons right? I kinda hope they never meet.

4. DragonkingKyo

DragonkingKyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree to me a filler is something added by someone other then the author to bide time, so I believe it can be only use for what it was originally used for which was anime episodes that weren't in the novel or manga

5. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen filler in manga and novels before. They're usually completely disconnected chapters though, like you just finished a battle chapter, and the next is a digression, where all the main characters got together the previous week for a trip to a beach. I think the closest we've seen so far are the Schneider chapters, and even those had plot significance, Zod's son is a Braver even.

In any case, I don't think you can say that they need to be added by someone other than the author, I think Kumo had several chapters in the webnovel, where Shiro just went off on a trip of gourmet tourism. No real plot significance, she was just hungry, but the original author definitely wrote it.

MonitorShotput likes this.
  6. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    Filler means it has no relevance to the plot. This does. Therefore it is not filler.

7. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pragmatic is something that comes with age (non human lifespann) and/or experience, and it is not a nice experience.
    it's elbow and knee.
    the noble lady is not blind and mute. it was said that the minotaur could be considered nice for only doing the first point of amputation, blinding and muting.

0000000 likes this.
  8. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, considering her eyes are mentioned later, as looking blankly into empty space, even after the antidote spell was cast on her.

0000000 likes this.
  9. Animeninja808

Animeninja808 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, when did this start turning into Full Metal Alchemist? The alter for the evil god, them sacrificing someone with arms and legs missing along with someone in a worse state. An ongoing religious war, now all they need is someone with a X scar on his face that can blow things up by touching them then it’s complete.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    anon likes this.
  10. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one was hilarious!!!!!!

11. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While everyone is debating filler (Bleach is the worst about that).

Will Van adopt mutated minotaur babies, help the cripple brigade or both.
    Personslly i want to see if he can pull of a situation like Pauvina or black goblins/orcs.

Paps likes this.
  12. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The latter is basically guaranteed. Ralph will probs meet Van when he is letting the dog out. The former. Eh. Odds are very very high.

Paps likes this.
  13. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, and with this should be officially the three S ranges of this era (not counting Van or the members of their teams), the innocent and clumsy hero-aspirant, who does not think with the brain but with the fists, the heart and his manly member and the pessimist who wants to retire but who can't because he is doing great in his youth by promising to help others in the future, is now drowned in life debts.

anon likes this.
  14. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    >Demon King’s oviduct

...Does he really need all of the Demon King's parts?

Also, why such a small and specific part of the reproductive system? Also also, how does an oviduct produce eggs by itself and fertilize them and implant it in another creature and... Ugh, this makes the opposite of all kinds of sense.

Paps likes this.
  15. DragonkingKyo

Reading List:
    Link
    slice of life chapters can't be called fillers to me(as that would make slice of life manga nothing but fillers which would make sense) stories can't be all action all the time at least not if it wants to be a good story and feel shallow

16. DragonkingKyo

Reading List:
    Link
    Magic buddy, don't hurt you brain trying to make sense of stuff in a fantasy novel when magic is involved

tkato likes this.
  17. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is an approach I would not recommend. Stuff should in most cases make sense, its also called internal consistency or good writing. That being said this one is neither and thus we.

twinklecake likes this.
  18. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Neither of my examples are really slice of life. Like I said, imagine you just had a "final battle" chapter, but before the smoke clears, you get reminded of something that hasn't actually happened before, the day before this fight, everyone (including people that might be dead at this point) went out to get ice cream together.

tkato and Eddy andres like this.
  19. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the fragments are from Guru, Guru created complete armies and species only by magic and his blood, that the oviduct creates beings directly could be seen as an extension of that power to create other beings, why an oviduct, there if I think you're right and it is a bit because he wanted Densuke, although a minotaur army out of eggs is better than a male minotaur giving birth to a minotaur army.

I think if a chapter is filler or does not vary from the genre of the story, for example a life band that in a chapter suddenly becomes a shonen because if it could be considered fillers, if in a story they show us even a group of secondary schools that basically go in the opposite direction to the main plot, could be considered filler, but all this under the premise that it does not contribute anything to the future configuration, construction of the world or the main plot.

I am going to give an example of the latter, there is manga recently arrived at the anime called Dorohedoro that there were parts that at first glance seemed filled or that even after reading it seemed to me that it was, then I realized little by little that they were parts relevant to the plot, giving clues and explanations for future or past events.

20. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    My point was more that the majority of the content, while relevant (to an extend probs even the core plot), was so overstreched that it resembles the average xianxia tournament arc content wise. As I stated you could dump the entire chapter into a single paragraph in a core chapter and nothing would be lost or change, minus one chapter less existing. Hence why I refer to it as filler.

The message you answered to was worded a bit poorly (very actually). I meant that in this instance it does not affect internal consistency and is not explained by "Its magic bruh". "Its magic, therefore yolo" is just a piss poor way of writing GENERALLY speaking.