The Husky and his white cat Shizun's gonna have a drama adaptation sjdhkajshdj

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Achiless, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Achiless

Achiless Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thoughts??? I need someone to rant with me.
    I'm so fucking sad that Husky is going to be adapted. It's basically going to be Wanning saving his disciple from evil and together with everyone they'll defeat other evil or so I've heard. And let's not forgot that they're gonna change their romance to bromance or some cringy disciple-master relationship sjkskskkdjd. And the director is I think the same as the director of Men with Sword which is so vague.
    BUT ONE THE GOOD PART WE'LL GET LUO YUNXI AS WANNING:blobnosebleed:.

baka8roukanako likes this.
  2. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. LeakLeaf

LeakLeaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    r/bonehurtingjuice

4. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They'll both get girlfriends, mark my words.

5. kiritorem

kiritorem Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm only starting but how in the world they adapt that? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So what character is going to get a female lover

6. Szara

Szara Your average American Psycho

Reading List:
    Link
    im so mad and heartbroken. like how are you going to remove their angsty romance when its an integral part of the story :blobpensive: it would no longer be the same story...

7. lilabingereads

lilabingereads Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think unlike MDZS, this novel will get butchered when turned into a bromance. :cry: An integral part of the novel revolves around Mo Ran working out his feelings for his Shizun. I just can't see how they would convey the angst w/o the BL aspect. That being said, I'll probably still watch it for Arthur Chen (solid fan after watching Ever Night).

8. Deleted member 213850

Deleted member 213850 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Shimei is a girl. Focused more on master-apprentice relationship. Also it seems like they'll make it as if Moran just acquired new memories where Shimei died then he began to change. I read this in weibo so take it with a grain of salt. But still probable since China doesnt like reincarnations or something. I'm still unsure how they'll do this. But since MDZS started out a BG romance then gave in to fans later on, maybe they'll also do adjustments.

9. rosierosie

rosierosie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gee I don't know how they're gonna make it into a drama. MR and WN's romance is a big part of the whole story---How is it possible for them to exclude that??!! Also, the angst and all that. I just don't see how they would manage that??? The only way this will work if they change the whole plot----But then that's not gonna be the same. But, I like to see Xu Meng's, he's so crazy and funny!!!
    I dunno how they would do it, but I would still watch it if it's good.

10. Achiless

Achiless Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hella late but better later than never rip and since the adaptation is still to happen imma keep ranting:cookie:

Boy I'm so certain that it's gonna be a Mo Ran x Shimei now that Shimei's a girl. I mean why else would they do that smh. Though I believe the actress of Shimei will be able to pull off both sides of shimei rly well, the character Shimei does lose part of their charm for me. The joke of the name Shimei is also kind of lost.
    And yknow how
    Shimei likes Wanning in the novel? Maybe not only MoRan x Shimei but a damn love triangle?????
    Or maybe to appease the fans they're gonna do a Xue Meng x Shimei lmaooo.
    I hope that if it's gonna be BG, the fanbase of Husky is solid enough to attack the production team as hard as MDZS fanbase did.:blobspearpeek:

It's gonna be a master-apprentice relationship indeed. Saving the world from evil with your bro's and shizun. Journey to the west 2.0.

Yeah true cuz MDZS is only like 10% gay anyways. Husky is 100% gay. The plot is gay. The setting is gay. You are gay. Everything is based on their relationship. Without the gay it'd be angst towards his shizun, like "OMG I never knew he was such a good shizun *sheds tears*.:facepalm: I mean it can work, but the whole feeling of the story will be lost. Plut the production team doesn't have much memorable previous works so...

I'm actually rly worried about him lmao, cause he's pretty new to acting and he just doesn't fit into how Mo Ran is in my imaginations. If I have to describe Mo Ran in one word it'd be "buff".:blobnosebleed: But his appearance does suit the young Mo Ran so maybe I'm too worried (I mean my fav book's gonna get adapted who wouldn't be). But I do know quite some ppl who are hyped bc of Ever Night so Imma hold on tight.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  11. shan_meng_ling_zhu

shan_meng_ling_zhu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they dare face the wrath of the book fans, that is.

12. shan_meng_ling_zhu

Reading List:
    Link
    Bruh the reincarnation thing literally is a fundamental part of chinese religious culture

13. shan_meng_ling_zhu

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I was pretty excited to know that there was gonna be a drama but then I read the synopsis and was like HELL NA. Arthur Chen doesn't really fit Mo Ran's character profile and it's absurd how their gonna keep Shimei's courtesy name when the actor is a woman despite the fact that women don't have courtesy names. I'll watch it when it comes out but if it turns out like Dance of the Phoenix, I WILL SCREAM.

14. Achiless

Achiless Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank god someone shares the same opinion. He'd fit Feng Xing, but for Mo Ran... Also if they whitewash my Mo Ran Imma scream even louder. I was living for the tan Mo Ran.