Discussion If you were Thanos in that snapping thing, what would you take out and/or change about history?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kadmos1, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -If you were Thanos in that snapping thing, what would you take out and/or change about history? This not about who you take out! That is not lives but rather, say, a corrupt company. The standard answers like world peace, everyone having jobs or having an education, or no more racism are too cliched for me! Despite such a cliche, some of those would be what I would take out.

a. For me, the Disney-Fox merger would be killed. The following is what would have happened either post-merger (kind of like a reset button or time machine-type effect) or the merger get killed before the mid-July 2018 announcement that the USDOJ said that Disney could buy that company with stipulations:
    1. All the jobs that Fox and Disney employees lost during that merger went back to them. 21st Century is "resurrected" to way they were 21st Century Fox gives The Walt Disney Company the TV/movie rights to the X-Men/F4/Deadpool in exchange for Lucasfilm. Additionally, each company has to downsize a bit by selling off at least $10 in brands, othe IP, or subsidiaries following those transfers of rights.

2. Oh, and Disney stock drops by $50 but 21st Century Fox stock increases by that amount. In addition, the original versions of all the Disney classics that should have been in the American public domain so many years ago (namely, "Steamboat Willie") are now public domain. Also, said original versions have intact prints that the public can view on-line.

3. Going with the above, every copyright to and trademark of "Mickey Mouse" is now public domain, as is "Winnie the Pooh" (the largest IP Disney has in terms of overall franchise money value).

4. Rupert Murdoch is booted out of 21st Century Fox and his media stronghold is greatly crippled.
    5. Bob Iger is booted out of Disney.

b. All the race-bending, gender-bending, orientation-bending, and other SJW-slanted stuff in all movie and TV shows distributed and/or produced by Fox and Disney have now ceased.
    c. If the above didn't happen, race-bending, gender-bending, orientation-bending, and other SJW-slanted stuff become the primary reason why future MCU-set movies and TV shows become constant flops.

d. Going with that reset or time machine-type effect, the original RKO Pictures that went defunct over 60.5 years ago, the mightiness that United Artists had prior to MGM buying them out, and the grandness that MGM had before Ted Turner bought them out all returned.

e. In addition to the last point, those storied 3 movie studios and Lionsgate become major American movie studios. So, we have a hypothetical Big 10 and each studio has at least 5-10 movies each year that make at least $200 million at the domestic box office.

f. Every known case of a domestic or foreign lost silent film gets miraculously found in the same spot. That is, at least 10 intact film canisters of each film are found. By that, if you were to play it on a modern movie projector or digitize it, you would be getting the exact same version of what film looked like during their initial movie (limited or wide) so many years ago.

g. The time and cost of digitizing old movies, like the above, takes exactly 1 work week for a batch of 100 different films.

h. Each of those Big 10 American movie studios (studios themselves and some subsidiary) find a surprising market in making modern-day silent movies. Each year at 15 silent movies from each company are released and each makes at least $150 million at the global domestic box office.

i. The Vancouver, Toronto, NYC, Houston, and L.A. market for recording anime into Eng. becomes big enough to compete with Funi. That is, each city gets at least 1-3 licensing anime recording/licensing companies but the operating costs are the same that it costs Funi to operate each month.

1. So, we would have a bigger pool of official anime streaming sites but more competition in official anime streaming is ideal.
    2. The size of Funimation, Sentai, and the hypothethical dubbing/licensing companies (the buildings themselves) each grows to become 3 stories tall or remains a single story with the following: square footage that has the combined size of your avg. Walmart and Home Depot stores but the operating costs for each of those 5-15 hypothetical companies, Sentai, and Funi all are under whatever Funi's monthly operations costs are currently.

3. All the Funimation and Sentai VA who have not had a lead role now got a lead role.

j. Regional restrictions for Crunchyroll simulcasts now apply only to China and Japan.
    k. Every professional animator, comic book artist, comic book writer, and similar in the world on avg. an annual makes $65,000 after taxes and are given better work conditions. However, whatever the current taxation percentage and price for selling products related to that industry stay(s) the same.

l. Every professional voice actor/actress in the world that are not the AAA-type on avg. an annual makes $65,000 after taxes and are given better work conditions. However, whatever the current taxation percentage and price for selling products related to that industry stay the same.

m. O.K., the major world problems like poverty, lack of education or jobs, pollution, overpopulation, etc. are now defunct. Racism and sexism are included but realistically because I think those would continue to happen the end of time even if we did eliminate the other stuff.
    1. Even the poorest parts of the world would have each individual making $45/year after taxes.
    2. In terms of education, even the poorest parts of the world would have each individual getting at least a 12th grade education.

n. Non-White and non-straight White men are regularly getting representation in original movies, video games, comic books, TV shows, etc.,
    1. Directors, writers, producers, actors, and actresses of the above demographics regularly win an Oscars or Emmy.

o. The Berne Convention is abolished and copyrights last at most for 50-55 years, including works-for-hire!
    p. Every extinct dog domesticated breed of animal is brought back, has populations at least in the low 1000s, and the issue of backyard breeding and what not is now permanently gone.
    1. In addition, stray animals are now a thing of the past.
    2. Furthermore, PETA has to declare bankruptcy.

q. Underwater basket weaving becomes a $1 billion/year industry in the U.S.
    r. Every unrealized Fox movie/TV project has now been made!
    s. Trump admits that Fox News is Fake News at times.
    t. Sean Hannity says "a fool there was" in regards to Rupert Murdoch even entertaining the thought of the Disney-Fox merger.
    u. Fatty Arbuckle's career manages to get resurrected and he lives at least 35 more years.
    v. The Kardashians declare bankruptcy.
    w. "Gertie the Dinosaur" becomes more famous than Mickey Mouse.
    x. Flat-Earthers finally realize the Earth is not flat.
    y. Crunchyroll gets at least 5 uncensored "Worldwide but Japan" anime simulcasts each season
    z. but certainly least: @Ai chan finally lives in a van down by the river.

2. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    i will make resource spawn point, and let them fight for it

imK likes this.
  3. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    I would snap Kadmos1 and his whole history out of existence. But if you want me to be serious, let me think up on it.

imK, Mnotia and Anra7777 like this.
  4. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    I would take Britain out of the game. I still wonder how the world would have turned out without their pompous ass.

HesheFell, Mnotia and Ettel like this.
  5. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Says the person who was probably dropped on his butt when born!

imK likes this.
  6. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny how you're taking offense when I'm being supercilious. Anyhow, I would probably make it so all the Guam males weren't wiped out by the Spanish Navy back then.... at least that's what I think happened.

7. Fahmfir

Fahmfir Beginner Town NPC

Reading List:
    Link
    I will make cat girl reality

imK, Kiari and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  8. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remove communism from history.... we would already have spaceships and earth wouldnt have so much contamination

imK, anon and Mnotia like this.
  9. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This^

10. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay Monster Girl enthusiast.

imK and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  11. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Araenn likes this.
  12. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    I like cliches. I want world peace and peace on every level. I hope that'll make people act less like assholes.

imK likes this.
  13. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    I would not change anything, there are to many problems on our planet. Even if we change things, alter them unless we modify humanity itself to get rid of emotional factors which cause various disputes, than nothing will really be much different. Aristocracy, nobles, became businessman same difference in the end. At most I might try to create a mental network, this would allow many emotional problems and disputes to be solved without being able to be lied to, but even than i do not think it would change much.

Araenn, imK and anon like this.
  14. Phreasilva

Phreasilva Gluttonous Prick that doesn't get Fat

Reading List:
    Link
    The population of earth is so fcked. *cough*

15. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    >_> Mind control, that's the way to world peace you're describing. What a great way, cause not only would we lose our freedom but we lose our identity. Are we just a cog in the machine? Do we not have an opinion, do we lose our likes and dislikes, do we lose our desires? Because our very being is in part emotion, we have an emotion for pain, we have an emotion to survive, we have an emotion to think better. The loss of motivation which stems from emotion would kill our souls.

16. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    The big bang, because fuck all lifeforms in this damnable plane of existence.

17. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    As if that existed. And even if it did. Please direct me towards the center of the universe, that's where your big bang originated.

18. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    I didnt say mind control, i said a mental network, essentially a psionic internet. And yeah the only way for peace to ever be stable is to become cogs in the machine. To not have the option of doing anything except what you are suppose to do. You are right and I agree that losing emotion and all that will make us worse than we are. But peace will never come as long as free will remains, because desire breeds war its that simple. Therefore i said a mental network, atleast when talking to others, making deals, and the like others cant look you in the face and lie. Even that will only help a little in the long run.

Araenn and imK like this.
  19. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would create a planet out of the trashes in the ocean and landfills then throw 75% of most wasteful people to that planet.

To be frank, I think i would be thrown and die there...

imK and Averroes93 like this.
  20. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Make reality mythical like and make pokemons real and lots of other stuff:hmm: but before anything else I will make it so the gantelet and the infinity stones won't work unless they are in my possession :blobthinkingsmirk:

imK likes this.