Which CN authors died from coronavirus until now?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Karyehs, Feb 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defiring

Defiring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hooooold on, who told you that? That's bs u_u

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure you meant this as a joke but writing this was completely unnecessary. People have died from coronavirus and unless you have firsthand experience on being infected with coronavirus, then you should know how panicked and afraid people are once they realized they're infected. Wishing disease to befall onto others is not funny, it's just wrong.

mir, Snowbun, SamStrike and 3 others like this.
  3. Karyehs

Karyehs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I understand your sentiment, if you can't joke over stuff:
    1. that has killed humans
    2. you weren't inflicted/infected by
    you wouldn't be allowed to make jokes about anything at all... Doors have killed people, stairs have killed people, sneezes probably also have killed lots of people, the same with farts or other immature things like women and children that many people like to make jokes about.

It's probably harder to find things that have never killed a human being (,yet), than something that did.

Araenn likes this.
  4. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a completely weak stance you're putting up. Are you seriously comparing a virus that has killed thousands of people, struck worldwide MASS FEAR which people ALL AROUND THE WORLD are going through, to a simple door, if so then I'm afraid that you really underestimate the current gravity of the situation. (Do people get scared of a door or a fart more than corona? Maybe ask people on the streets) Heck even the common influenza has killed a lot more people than a door or whatever object you trying to compare to. Imagine you're a woman and someone tells you 'I hope you get raped to death', do you think that's a funny joke to hear? If you do, then I'm sorry but that is twisted mindset and if you still consider what you said to be a 'harmless' joke, don't @ me just because I think it's a tasteless one.

mir and Kaylee like this.
  5. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Karyehs
    Joke over stuff?
    Sure, we're game to joke over stuff. We all have double standards after all.
    I would wish for miserable fate to befall on those rapist. Joke? Or 'oh I hope someone can hire a hitman to do my corrupted country leaders'

The problem is your tone there in your first post.
    You want to joke to wish people you dont know, to get infected with deathly disease? Why dont you joke to wish it on someone you closely know like your family, your friends?

6. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they have plot armor

7. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Corona virus is like having your 2nd measles, it's lethal to older people. Although there's still no external cure, you could still recover from it as long as you have a strong immune system.

This shit is a global pandemic now so don't forget to eat your share of vitamin C and B complex.

SmoggyBelle and imK like this.
  8. Karyehs

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, too many people have their political correctness or better-than-thou panties on.

If the coronavirus was just half as dangerous, as all the mass media tell you 24/7, me and all the other working people of a 1st world countries capital wouldn't be forced into small crowded busses and trains with 120 other humans, skin-to-skin, making the bus/train feel like a sauna and feeling each others breathes in out neck, on the arm or whereever.

To be exact, if it's not just false panic to empty the warehouses of overpriced (almost) useless masks and other stuff, then my city is already a 'lost place'. Simply because societies rules force us to keep going to work in these kinds of conditions.

If you're this emotional about the situation already, you should play Plague Inc. again.

Araenn likes this.
  9. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    It's bad not because it could easily kill you, but because it could spread really fast. though you can still recover, due to implemented health regulations of any institutions, you should be responsible and stay at home. Just imagine a majority of the working force are on a sick leave or worse, dead. That would cripple the economy.

Gitami and imK like this.
  11. Karyehs

Reading List:
    Link
    As I said before: most people here are still forced to literally cuddle with over 100 strangers in busses and trains every morning. A crowd like this heats up the environment so much, that you can basically see the steam, which possibly is thick enough to be a medium for the virus, just by the movement streams of the normal breath and movement of humans.

As long people are forced to go to work in these conditions in a 1st world countries capital with a huge population density, the situation can't really be considered as grave.

On a side note: crippling the worlds economy for a while maybe wouldn't be a bad thing, after all it become something like an religion with over 99% being the believers that get exploited.

That being said... the economy actually benefits from all the mass purchases of necessities and unnecessities.

12. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    An Economic crisis could lead to tons of people losing their jobs. You also need hospitalization to recover. The symptoms might be similar to a Flu but it will definitely hurt your pockets.

13. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a tasteless joke that the OP tries to defend using some form of freedom of expression. Death, sickness and other sort of suffering of other humans shouldn't be treated as a joke. But I guess, the trend now is just shit anybody and pass it off as a joke is the norm.

Then again, readers of many Asian novels and webtoons have been left with messages that can make your toes curl...but's just a joke, guys!

Add to the fact that just the justification of buying and (overbuying of masks) is treated as a false panic is just ....wow. I live near China (my coutnry, that is,) and fuck, people are justified to overbuy because they fear illnesses especially for those who have weak immune system.

But it's all good since 1st world countries aren't affected anyway.

I don't think the OP cares. As long as its not on their doorstep, they can safety see this as just another incident that isn't worth their time.

I laughed at the last line of her response, I guess the service service isn't part of the economy of any country, especially a 1st world country that usually doesn't produce anything and shifting to this kind of industry.

mir, Gitami, Maddy and 1 other person like this.
  14. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dunno

but some authors have disappeared.

not sure what happened to them but honestly, i wouldn't wait.

15. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Riiighttt
    No wonder, industry like hotel and tourism fired few hundred of their workers, especially the temp and daily hired. And several factory that get crippled also stop its production and continue to fire and cancel all.
    And companies already start to consider not to give end of year bonuses (which is obligatory here for Idul Fitri) becuase they just couldnt afford it.
    Now, what kind of economy would benefits from this beside the big evil capitalist??

Yeah, What kind of response was that?? @ATrueStory And as you said, it's a tasteless joke.

ereshkigal5 likes this.
  16. ereshkigal5

ereshkigal5 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have it backwards. The situation is grave because people are forced to crowd together, which is why the virus is spreading so easily. Companies prioritize their bottom line over the health of their employees, so saying that it isn't an issue because everybody still has to go to work is faulty logic. The world doesn't stop for pandemics.

As for the crippling of the world's economy, the first people to be affected by a recession are those who already live in poverty. Combining a recession with a highly contagious pandemic, you are talking about a complete disaster scenario for those near the poverty line, while the rich wouldn't suffer any significant damage for at least the first six months.

At this point, I am unsure whether you're ignorant or naive.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    mir, Gitami and Kaylee like this.
  17. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    ouch dont be a jinx it's bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.