Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Mar 5, 2020.

1. gheist1234

gheist1234 |Path Finder| 『WuxiaWworld Vet.』|Beardy| |Zen|

Reading List:
    Link
    Just worried for my grandparents and anyone in my family that has respiratory diseases..
    For the rest i just need to buy more food and water during the weekend, just have about enough for two weeks, for four people.

Lonelycity likes this.
  2. lamb19

lamb19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "An airborne disease is any disease that is caused by pathogens that can be transmitted through the air by both small, dry particles, and as larger liquid droplets[1]. Such diseases include many of considerable importance both in human and veterinary medicine. The relevant pathogens may be viruses, bacteria, or fungi, and they may be spread through breathing, talking, coughing, sneezing, raising of dust, spraying of liquids, toilet flushing or any activities which generates aerosol particles or droplets."
    Wikipedia, dude or dudette.

3. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Statistically speaking, that's very inefficient.
    You're not wrong ignoring the fact that the flu has a mortality rate of >1%.
    In the present, influenza is much less dangerous. Reasons stated from previous posts. Even if it is, just because the danger of one thing exceeds the danger of another does not make the latter any less dangerous.

4. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    i just read that some are recovering from the virus without vaccines and only by relying on their own bodies defence against viruses and got released from quarantine. but i don't know if its true.

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    news? some media blows anything, just typical media~ some politician bring issue for sake popularity, nothing new~ masker harder to search cuz well big cities citizen mass panic buy it..... really do they not realize pollution is nvm...
    this cat live on village hmm let say rural place pretty chill~ back then hmm what flu that attack bird called again? H5N1 or SARS? when there chicken died, they burn it, some poultry directly destroy it chicks bear loss but pretty calm just normal bicker~ when feel sick just .... put it simple we just let government work while doing daily live~
    sure some gossip here and there but really chill~
    ah tea.png
    oh btw it raining season so time clean places with water.... you see mosquitoes with dease is plenty during this season~

anon likes this.
  6. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    What? Just because one is immune to it does not make it okay to release him or her from quarantine.

PotatoZero likes this.
  7. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    The 3000+ people dead in China alone say so otherwise.

Anra7777 likes this.
  8. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Most recover without vaccines under medical treatment. I don't know about other country that has yet ramping up their medical facilities to meet the need for large outbreak.

9. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    you got the whole point wrong, the issue with this virus is the fact that have an incubation of 2 week.....wich mean you don't know if you are infected until at least a week passed....and in that week you will spread it to a lot of people.

Is this all? nope, worse there is a lot of people with already healt issue and they have a high mortality rate(most death are from them), does matter you ask? well there are a lot of people who have old or ill parents.

Is finished after all this? well, you are naive if you think so.....you forgot to take the economical aspect of this illness, with the fast spread of the virus a lot of worker have to take leave to avoid spreading the virus or because they can't get up from the bed, this could potentialy block all public facility like "Hospitals", "supermarkets","tourism", "police stations" even the "military" will be affected...

and if like the flu, if this virus is seasonal then the death rate toll annualy will rise even more than a flu....
    so yeah this is litteraly a "world emergency" announced by the WHO(World Healt Orgaznizzation)

10. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps this is something to ease your mind at least.
    https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.26.919985v1.full

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    so? do u live on china? is your government really incompetent? is your country at least have properly tell it citizens what to do for self prevention? what to do if you think get infected? idk about china but I know my country government do what they can~ sure not best cuz various limitation but it ok~ so this cat still chill~
    being cautious is ok but over reacting for no reason is no good~

the overreaction is one of thing which may directly impact many sector on short term~

12. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Careful for fake masks. Only buy them from reliable sources.

runsing likes this.
  13. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Fortunately I have a bunch of n95 masks which I hoarded during the fires. I did realise that if I was quarantined, I would only have like 2 days worth of food. So I did buy a bunch of canned food, rice and pasta to get me over the line. Plus tons of Ibuprofin. Yes, I am causing that shortage. Muahahaha

runsing and Lonelycity like this.
  14. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Congrats. You haven't disproven or went against my point. *clap clap clap*

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm? what your point tho?
    people dead so? did I miss read intention?

16. Cryotic

Cryotic Nora's Psychic◈Nora's Silly Wife◈春雷◈暗いよ

Reading List:
    Link
    most dumb thing i heard on the internet about covid-19 is that drinking corona beer will make you infected.. fking gold

runsing, felidormit and Nyanko like this.
  17. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the economic damage comes from over reacting (there is a real component tho), like the whole lot of you is doing. Most politicians, and the WHO, are busy calming people down right now. People smh think this is the plague in virus form.
    My "point" was not missed, since it was an answer to someone, but literacy on NU might be expecting too much.

TokioftheBel and GDLiZy like this.
  18. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at the Corona of the sun will make you infected too! And blind.

19. ZeroR18

ZeroR18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    man i lost my money bet in how the apocalypse starts i was hoping we get nuclear apocalypse so we all go full madmax mode XD

well at least the virus apocalypse is clean we all die the animal well take over the world ....unless all the nuclear reactor blows up then the animal is fuck big time D:
    ..............i really hope world health organization find a cure (>_<)

20. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link