Stress, Stress—do you deal with yours?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop exposing myself to stimulation and entertainment. It's easy to remove myself from work and people who stress myself out, but for introverts like me, well we need rest, not just a break from stuff other people want us to do. For me, that includes taking breaks from stuff like coffee, video games, novels and the internet, that's stimulation too.

In the best of worlds I go out in the woods, light a campfire, and just stare at embers all evening until I fall asleep. Otherwise, hot bath or sauna. Those are nice.

Dr_H_16, imK, cap.toon and 1 other person like this.
  2. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
    I listen to soothing music and fall asleep.

imK, Bitter Sweet and Snowbun like this.
  3. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe my stress is just my body telling me... to die or destroy.
    This is why I'm delusional, because I am calmly able to almost or completely impartially view circumstances. Although, it does not change what I feel inside. There is a disjoint connection between my mind and body (heart included).
    Same can be said by experiencing upsetting events in life. The rational mind demands stability, but the heart is too unstable to go unnoticed.
    I have the bad habit of destroying both the problem and solution, thus, making the situation worse. A mindset only egomaniacs can have!
    I rather wish the problem never happened in the first place. This is why I'm delusional, as everyday failures or broken expectations remind me... of how fucked up this world is and how fucked up my birth is. A stain... impure blood... filth... subhuman waste of resources. Everyone's normal is not my normal. Everyone's abnormal is not my abnormal. Nurture or nature, there are always irregularities. I just unfortunately or not, happen to be one of them.
    By sleeping or rationally solving the problem. If not the two, then resort to emotional outburst. If not the three, then recycle my crippling depression into my cells as it mutates to euphoric delusions of grander while knowingly accept I'm going to experience a useless, meaningless, worthless, and utterly vain death of a nobody in the middle of nowhere.

Ah, how I envy happy and normal families. Sorry, this thread triggered my suppressed negativity.

adrielpirate and cap.toon like this.
  4. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get eaten alive by it

felidormit and imK like this.
  5. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    I read sad mangas n cry

Blazingprincess and imK like this.
  6. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.....

The hypothalamus plays a major role in regulation of basic biological drives related to our survival, stress being one of the factors, we can deal with it by using the so-called 'four Fs"; Fighting, fleeing, feeding and mating.

In another review, a response one might have in a dire stressful state, relates to the "three Fs"; Fight, Flight, or Freeze. With the last being an overload to ones mental state that, the response to fight or flee is not an option.

felidormit, imK and cap.toon like this.
  7. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely, when stress I feel corner and the urges to flee. I do exercise and get my blood pumping. Sometimes this kinda relief it somewhat although the problem is not solved. I guess I artificially fulfilled that flee response for a short duration. But believe many people respond with the freeze response, and so that’s how the stress keep developing

imK and Kuro_0ni like this.
  8. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Shooting games help me focus and calm my emotions

imK, Bitter Sweet and cap.toon like this.
  9. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sleep, sing or listen to classical music, talk to my mom

Or sometimes I just tend to ignore it and go into a manga and anime wormhole.

oh, and memes

cap.toon and imK like this.
  10. Tofu Cat

Tofu Cat dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok this is more about anger / frustrations which is a step higher but works pretty much the same. Also whenever I’m too stressed I just step away or give up.

Break things. Especially ceramics, it gives a solid shatter. Weighs enough, the sound of it shattering makes me feel better too.

Or I punch a wall. Preferably plaster because there’s enough sound to make you feel satisfied, and just enough pain to wake you up from stress/rage frustrations while not giving you a bloody fist. Can maybe work on your punches should you ever fight a person too. Actually most of the time I punch something when I’m in the shower because the more I think the more i ...

i take a breather and go on the swings behind my house. Or maybe go ride a roller coaster at the theme park for an extra thrill, but I usually calm down before that.

imK likes this.
  11. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek:
    I have recommendations for you.
    Cardboard boxes. Shred them apart by hand. They are more sturdy than they seem and easier to clean than broken glass. Shred slowly for the sound, shred quickly for the resistance/difficulty. Of course, I am a weakling so your milage may vary.
    Also, if you have a punching/sand bag, stomping/kicking it can be satisfying.
    One more possibility, though I'm not sure if you'll like it. Take a small knife and very slowly carve an apple to bits. You get to listen to the crisp sound of cell walls tearing, and you get to eat the bits :blobhero: win-win.

12. Tofu Cat

Tofu Cat dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the Apple one :blob_coffee:

imK and mir like this.
  13. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    I eat and binge webnovels and get really, really productive on everything except the thing that's causing me stress. So procrastination, essentially.

Been working on forcing myself to face the music because that's how I really get rid of it effectively, even if every fiber of my being screams at me to just slack off.

Sigh.

Edit: Crap I realize I'm doing that right now by browsing NUF instead of doing reports, goodbye world goodbye me--

Blazingprincess, felidormit and imK like this.
  14. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Like everyone else do, I eat.

imK likes this.
  15. mangoberry

mangoberry beatsaber is too addictive...

Reading List:
    Link
    i just do stuff that i would do if i didn't have the stress and forget the stress unless its like i got a paper due then i do it and like if im feeling stressed out a week b4 its due, ill do it while procrastinating

imK likes this.
  16. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to: Bury myself in my work and use my stress to fuel productivity (not healthy btw, but eh).
    Other stuff: Long walks, listen to music, 1hr+ baths, sleep, reading, binge-watching whatever is on my movie/tv show list.

17. JustDiededed

JustDiededed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't believe no one mentioned drinking.

As for a healthier approach, if you're too depressed, go see a psichiatrist to get you something to lift you for a few months while you start exercising. The type of exercise is up to you, but there are some that also help you deal with depression, which are group ones, such as dance lessons.

cap.toon likes this.
  18. adrielpirate

adrielpirate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when im angry with people
    I close mylsef in my room and listen to music and read novels.

when im angry with things or events
    I run to my mom, or my sister, or any nearby friend to shove them with my worries (they are used to me venting, they don't say anything anymore, they just listen).

when im sad with people
    I usually close myself in my room again and write in my journal my worries and read novels.

when im sad with things or events
    I run to my mom, or my sister, or any nearby friend and yell at them to go somewhere with me, be it a nightclub, or to a pizza place, or just a walk in the park.

when im felling frustrated with people
    I usually lock myself in my room and pet my dog or my cat while I read novels.

when im felling frustrated with thing or events
    I draw.

imK likes this.
  19. whitespace

whitespace Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've learned to accept anything and so stress turned into a convenient tool. A way to learn and gain more experience. All our problems - laughable.

imK likes this.