Discussion Coronavirus. What to do ? [Advisory thread]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by reagents 11, Mar 9, 2020.

1. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Since we already have many thread discussed this topic but i still yet to see an advisory thread to discuss what to do in case of coronavirus i think making one is necessary.

Since this is a thread that seek to compile any advises and measures to try to help ourselves out of the potential crisis please do not make any fearmongering or finger pointing comments within this threads. Lastly please make any discussion on said topic civil.

So in summary what we know so far on the virus is
    1. It has incubation period of a weeks or more with established average around two weeks period.
    2. It is unclear when people that contacted the virus become an active carrier but it is highly suspected to be able to spread before any symptoms of the disease appeared. So i advised to take a self quarantines measure if you feeling sick and do likewise if there's a suspected case of it you have been in close contact previously even if you don't feel sick.
    3. It isn't an incurable disease but can be fatal to less immune or less healthy patients such as children, elderly, and people with another chronic disease.

Details of advice and information we may need is
    1. How and where to find daily necessities and it's relevant alternative of goods in cases of local shortages. Location of where the advice can apply would be helpful.
    2. How to cope with the disease or to care when a relatives suspected to contacted them within self quarantines and how to keep our conditions good throughout the ordeal to overcame it.
    3. How to cope with financial strains if there's any and how to get government support on this.

2. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember to go to your local grocer and buy all their toilet paper.

imK, NamGi, Jiggy and 12 others like this.
  3. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    1- if you are infected or ill stay at home instead of wandering around just because it's a "flu"
    2- regardless if you are infected or not, if your country have cases of coronavirus stay away from people(avvoid any direct contact with them) and for indirect contacts follow point 3.
    3- Like most doctor and scientist say, wash your hand if you need to touch your face or eat. And wash them well..if you just soack them in water you aren't making any difference.
    4- don't hoard mask and gloves since medicals team need them more than you (you just need some in case you are ill or assisting someone close to you who is ill)...
    5- buy some food that will last a week..if you show symptoms a week is enough to recover, if not you need to call an ambulance or any related number for coronavirus cases....

if people follow these advice, then there souldn't be any issue with stopping the spread....but there are too many dumb people....those are basic hygenes anyone should follow in their life, but never do(except point 2 if there isn't any virus circulating around).....

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    imK, lohwengk, gheist1234 and 2 others like this.
  4. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    instant carrier.
    anyone with a weak immune system and weak lungs.

DON'T OVER BUY AND CAUSE A SHORTAGE YOU DEGENERATES!!! Even in china buying food is more normal than places not affected. wtf is wrong with you monkeys

imK, gheist1234, Harry and 8 others like this.
  5. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Over 500,000 people have died this winter because of the flu but no one panicked, just wash your hands and cover your mouth when you sneeze like you should be doing.
    Just buy food normally at the grocery store.

Fooljastic, imK, Neiden and 4 others like this.
  6. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, three people so far have been confirmed have contracted the coronavirus in my country...and I've been feeling kinda ill since yesterday. But I'm quite healthy and young and I usually never catch diseases so the chances of it killing me or any of my family members is very low...but I don't know about the people around me. (But we can't be sure either it's the virus. I mean, it did rain a couple days ago and I'm kinda weak to cold weather so it might just be a common cold.)

imK likes this.
  7. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    except it can infect you through eyes as well. transmission is instant and undetectable even if inactive.

imK and Land of The Fallen like this.
  8. lin1339

lin1339 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Helping answering:
    1. Depending on your country. We bought online from unaffected areas.
    2. For caregiver: take immune booster, eat plenty of fruits, wear a mask when caring for patient directly, wash your hand using WHO methods of 6-step handwash with soap and water in 5-moments (google it). Remember to separate trashes that contain patient's body fluid into yellow plastic bag because it was considered a biohazard. Wipedown every visible surface with alcohol (70% up).
    For patient: wear a single-use 3-ply mask all the time (except eating and bathing), change when wet and/or dirty. Limit activities to 1 room if possible. Wash hand often, esp. after coughing/sneezing. Minimize contacts with both humans and animals. Drink water often.
    3. Depending on your country. Most countries offers aids for the patient and family as long as you report them.

imK and reagents 11 like this.
  9. MadraRua

MadraRua :: ˓(ᑊᘩᑊ⁎) :: Divorcee

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to be lazy and just link to the HSE. They have it all explained there. I suppose the immediate thing you should be doing is looking towards official government channels and see what they're advising.

imK, lohwengk, Harry and 3 others like this.
  10. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just treated it like the flu or common cold. Or at least what your supposed to do and not go to work and get everyone else sick....

imK, lohwengk and Fallion like this.
  11. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    If you already got caught by it then just go to hospital and keep your neighbours safe.

If you're still safe, then stay away from meats. At least become vegiterian until this virus goes away, stay away from infected areas, make sure to have enough vitamins loaded in your body. Specially C

12. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well in Sydney Australia there is shortage of toilet paper but according to my sources , indian and asian stores in Australia are still well stocked except for pasta for some reason.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    imK likes this.
  13. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    imK likes this.
  14. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    this my friend is what you souldn't do....if you do that and infect other patients or medics, the you will soon find a shortage of medics to take care of emergency.....you should "call" related departement that every country "should" have to coronavirus cases...

15. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is also something called a "viral load", which is the initial amount, roughly, of the amount of virii needed to infect someone, so it's not like you get a single strand of virus and instantly fall ill. As long as the infection amount is below this "load", the chances that your body will clear it out even without you showing symptoms or doing anything is high. So just passing through public areas is ok, it's only when you hang around do you get enough virii to really get the infection going.

imK, tofuironekosan, Passerby and 2 others like this.
  16. EmraldOddBall100

EmraldOddBall100 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all if there are high cases of COVID-19 in your area don't panic and stay calm, avoid going outside unless necessary for times like restocking your ration and other supplies, wash your hands thoroughly before eating and after you visit a place and return
    Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth or avoid touching your face in general.
    Masks does reduce the risk of getting infected but staying conscious about your surroundings and people around you is more important, maintain at least 2-3 feet of distance form a sick person.
    Keeping an alcohol based hand sanitizer is recommended when ever you go out, if not just use soap to wash your hands. Thank you

imK, Passerby and Fran.2424 like this.
  17. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As said you can spread the disease before symptoms appear. But the more frightening fact is you can be infected but show close to no symptoms.

In an interview with an infected passenger from 1 the cruise ships, the patient say she has no other symptoms other than a light cough. She also said she don't feel anything wrong at all (other than the cough)

imK and Fran.2424 like this.
  18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    please check is there no emergency call on your country to ask credible info about covid 19?
    if there really nothing then good luck~ yes each region have it own difficulty so stay safe~

if there official channel, number, department or anything which government have appoint it as official you can ask about covid 19 then please call them for better info~ there you may recommend which hospital you can apply for doing medical test if you think you infected~
    as for prevention there already some have posted about it~

here from WHO https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019

lohwengk and criticalmind like this.
  19. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disagree on the hand sanitizer, washing with running water and soap is more recommended. Most alcohol sanitizers fall way below the needed alcohol content to deactivate virii (90%). People can't seem to figure out the difference between anti-bacterial and anti-viral measures.

imK, lohwengk and Passerby like this.
  20. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with everything accept the masks...the masks don't really keep the wearer safe, the most effective way to use them is to give them to people that are sick so they stop spreading it around. It's a myth I'm eager to bust because wearing a mask has become something of a sacred talisman, along with hand sanitisers.....it's nuts and ineffective. Don't waste your money on those things, spend it on soaps, detergents or paper towels instead.

Leave the face masks for all the health professionals that really need them in order to help combat the flu/corona virus.:blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

They are my heroes. :cookie:

imK, MadraRua and EmraldOddBall100 like this.