LCD Refining the Mountains and Rivers 祭炼山河

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by 101that, Mar 1, 2020.

1. 101that

101that Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    Latest chapters grinded the MC's progress to a halt, and already months of time pass while he just refines pills, uses cheat, eats pills...

Also mc has like 3 skills barely any practical knowledge and is so afraid of someone finding out his secrets he'll act like a complete weakling, not even normal but like a completely terrified weakling and coward.

Saving grace is that he's less stupid than most MC's but still suffers from Chinese protagonist syndrome (where lack of social skills+unnecessary arrogance results in people wanting to kill him).

Unfortunately he lacks any interesting and defining abilities/qualities/traits other than his cheat item.

Tl;Dr : overly honest approach by author with a talentless pill muncher for a mc, need more chapters to determine anything.

Edit: forgot the chicken(rooster), first time i was sad a harem was destroyed.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    101that and otaku31 like this.
  3. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read ch 51 and 52, they were a bit weird. I feel like I've missed something.

That poison Ent girl showed up out of nowhere because reasons, I swear her name was actually You Ji when I first read it (because I wrote it down, lol), now it's You Qi? I don't get how this happened, it feels so random.

4. 101that

Reading List:
    Link
    From Chp 22:

The woman fluttered forwards. “Remember, this big sister’s name is You Qi.”

Perhaps Hyorin made a mistake previously and went back to revise the name to You Qi?

What I felt weird (and a bit frustrated) is that Qin Yu is still unable to form a Golden Core after all the trouble of getting the lightning bamboo to cleanse his body. Guess this is because he never had a formal master and his knowledge of cultivation was actually very low.

novaes likes this.
  5. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Weird, just checked the doc and it's definitely always been You Qi!

Well, he can't progress too quickly and straightforwardly :p

novaes and 101that like this.
  6. gantzman

gantzman Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is there any romance

7. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Barely any tbh. There are some candidates but the MC is off doing his own thing most of the time.

8. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It should be You Ji. Chinese is 幽姬. (See Ch. 22 of the raws.)

9. 101that

Reading List:
    Link
    Everytime Qin Yu releases Backsky Demon (from Soul Burying Flag), I wonder why he has not "buried" more souls in the flag since he had already killed quite a few other Golden Core demons. Qin Yu should draw inspiration from Renegade Immortal's Wang Lin of Renegade - collect a million souls into the flag and then wave it at his enemies!

From Chapter 30 on the description of the Soul Burying Flag:
    "...It could bury the souls of powerful enemies inside so that they could be released in battle later. The souls buried within would have 30% of the original person’s strength. The highest level that could be entombed within was a Golden Core, and the soul had to be buried before it dissipated...."

10. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wondered the same. I think he didn't get to harvest all the core formation cultivators he killed due to not wanting to be caught, but surely he should have a few, right?

In other news, more You Qi/Ji. Will she stay around or will she get the same treatment as the others? Bit disappointing but that's cultivators for you.

11. 101that

Reading List:
    Link
    Darn!
    From lightning speed in the beginning to superslow snail-pace now. 6 chapters (Chp 167 - 172) and Ning Que has not yet crossed the barrier to Nascent Soul stage. This is longer than Er Gen's standard 5 chapters for a significant breakthrough between major stages.

I like this intelligent MC and the sprinkling of humour now and then, but the wordy fluff commonly found in other webnovels have crept in lately. :cry:

hillo315 and Lonise like this.
  12. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow 9844 chapters in one sitting. good job WW. that is some next level work ethic.

hillo315 likes this.
  13. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol looks like theres a glitch in the matrix.

hillo315 likes this.
  14. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I wish I could MTL this, but it is so hard to read. Who is this? Who is that? Why is there an untranslated word just left here? I got to 249 to see what is happening in this ning place, but it's too confusing.

Either buck up or wait patiently. Such terrible choices.