Discussion Is this novel worth reading

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Darkcrow., Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    The Novel is Joy of life.

2. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    First, it is Mao Ni novel. There can be some long-winded explanation and info dump

But, you can expect a top notch and quality interaction between character

I will summon someone that can give a detailed insight on this novel

Here you go, @WinByDying

3. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what others will say, but I liked the beginning then got bored with it while waiting for chapters at about chapter 100 I think. I almost forgot about it until I saw your post. I may start it over but it's not on the top of my list.

4. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    By looking at his/her's Profile Picture I can definitely say that he/she is the right person to ask this question.

5. Neigh

Neigh "Lich-King" "Harem-Fan" "Tragedy-Hater"

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as i know this Novel was paised for the Characters (Specific the Antagonist) got a Deep character Story, that he is even Likable to the Readers.

6. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    The characterization is some of the best on this site: characters, motivations, conversations of not just the main character but also side characters is very good. The main character has transmigrated and the stark contrast between his and everyone else's worldview is very noticeable. There's a few love interests, all are of their relationships with the protagonist are worked out to varying degrees, more than can be said from any other novel with a harem tag. So far this has been the only novel like that where I could read without cringing to death.

The first maybe 100 chapters are all more so setup, they're not really representative for the rest of the novel. I enjoyed them nonetheless but I'm used to slower reading material and buildup.

The focus is on plot, intrigue and characters more so than cultivation. Cultivation is an important component, but ultimately not what it's about.

In the end it's a Mao Ni novel, and not a botched one like Ze Tian Ji. So yea, I'd say it's worth reading. Mao Ni knows how to write properly, even if he could use some editing. Well, it's a webnovel, so what am I even complaining about.

7. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Mao Ni is one of the only writers on this site that make me go, "Gee, I wish I knew Chinese and a thing or two about their culture!". He knows how to write rich prose, full of references.

8. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    100%. This is one of the best CN web novels that I've come across.

First of all, this is a Mao Ni novel, so it is going to be slow paced, and more descriptive. And, even though the writing is beautiful, the translation doesn't capture that.

Now on to the novel itself. This is a rich character driven story, and like the author's other novels, ZTJ, Nightfall, the focus isn't just on the main character. There are amazing side characters who really shine, the antagonists are well-developed. We see the thoughts, inner conflicts of the characters, whether it be the protagonist or the antagonists. As for cultivation, this story is more about politics than culivation. The latter is still there, but it is in the background most of the time. Emperors, kings, queen, relationships, and schemes form the foreground. There is also romance, albeit average imo. The novel also had a satisfactory ending, even though some things could've been better handled.

9. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.