Spoiler The Long-awaited Mr Han

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kieranfortier, Apr 9, 2019.

1. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    1786-1790

1786: "I've won!" she said happily but when she saw his smiling face, demanded to know if he had lost on purpose. He denied it, but she did not believe him. Zhuoling smiled and said he was a temporary guest. Isn't it better for her to win since she might be a permanent guest? He asked if she was unhappy because he let her win. "No, I am happy!" she smiled and said slyly: "How dare you win against your girlfriend?" Then she reminded the director to cut that part later. "Why? Do you not want to accept me?" Zhuoling said. "Of course not, otherwise I would have not followed you in front of the cameras, I would have hid myself. But isn't this not suitable for the show?" she asked. The PD thought: two days of this and only now you brought this up? The PD said if the CEO didn't mind the outing of their relationship, they can edit it well. Their public displays of affection were too many, and Han Zhuoling's shameless show of love is quite okay.

1787 - Shi Xiaoya was happy she won but was sure that Zhuoling of giving her the win. Zhuoling said it was better for her to win as he was merely a guest and she was be a cast member on the show. He asked if she was unhappy, but she smiled and said of course she was happy, how dare you win against your own girlfriend? Then she asked the PDs to edit this part out, saying it would be inappropriate. Zhuoling asked she wanted to hide their relationship which she denied. Zhuoling was happy and the PD said with his permission they can edit it all nicely. Besides, it would be nearly impossible to hide it as most of the footage had them together holding hands or showing PDAs.

1788 - Thus Shi Xiaoya won the game. The remaining cast congratulated and teased her. Back at the hotel, it was the night before they flew back. Han Zhuoling again went to Shi Xiaoya's room. The moment she opened the door, he strode in, picked her up and they shared a kiss. Zhuoling used his foot to close the door, unaware that this was witnessed by Liu Enxiao. She had wanted to confront Shi Xiaoya about her relationship, but she quietly returned to her room with her questions already answered by what she had seen.

1789 - Zhuoling and Shi Xiaoya shared a chat, eventually he asked if they should live together. Shi Xiaoya refused, saying her family often visit her. Even if they approve of their relationship, there is no way they would allow cohabitation so quickly. Zhuoling sighed, as he wanted to hug her to sleep and see her everyday. Shi Xiaoya too felt as if she was floating in a dream being with him, saying that he was someone who was desirable but completely out of reach.

1790 - It was still unbelievable to her. Zhuoling said it was the same feeling he had for her too. "I am a normal person with all sorts of flaws and a temper. We will be together for a long time, you will find out. I am afraid you will be bored and sick when you do," he said to which she shook her head. That night they hugged each other to sleep. The next morning they flew back, together with PA Chunian and Guo Yujie. Of course, once they landed Chunian drove Guo back, and Shi Xiaoya went with Zhuoling. He drove her home and did not intend to actually go back to work.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  2. Pedrou

Pedrou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler :D

3. couchpotato1929

couchpotato1929 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoiler ;)

4. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1791-1795

1791 - He now prioritizes her over his work. They unpacked their luggage at her home and Zhuoling asked her to wash his clothes. She agreed, only for Zhuoling to say this when she had done so: "Once they are cleaned, you can just leave it here." The man had not given up living with her, he was planning to leave his things little by little. They were interrupted by a phone call by her brother Shi Nancang. He wanted to pick her up for dinner later, and Shi Xiaoya realized something was wrong for her brother to be pushy about it.

1792 - In the end she agreed and ended the call. Shi Nancang had wanted to accept her refusal and let her rest, but it turns out that Shen Shi'an was beside him and urging him. Shen was afraid of being slow, as he too had seen the online shipping of Shi Xiaoya and Han Zhuoling. Even though he believed Han Zhuoling had yet to get over his divorce and would be aloof, he was still an attractive man with no children. Therefore he had begged Shi Nancang for this dinner.

1793 - Their mutual friends were also present to help him and also to cover up any awkwardness later. Shi Nancang was still annoyed by it all. Meanwhile, Zhuoling had overheard the phone call. Shi Xiaoya apologized because she wanted to be with him too. "I'm coming with you," he declared, "Since I plan to meet your parents, I'll see your brother first." Shi Xiaoya said her brother would probably be depressed. They shared a quiet time together, Shi Xiaoya wistfully wondering she should still cancel the dinner after all. Zhuoling wanted that too, but said they should meet her brother. They drove to the restaurant.

1794 - Once they arrived and got out of the car, he held her hand. Shi Xiaoya was a little nervous as they were out in the public with a lot of people, but soon enjoyed the feeling. The manager who was used to be notified ahead of Zhuoling's arrival was surprised to see them turn up together but caught on very quickly. "Congratulations!" he said and immediately Zhuoling smiled. They were guided to Shi Nancang's private room. Shi Xiaoya was surprised to see other people in the room, but Shi Nancang was even more shocked to see Shi Xiaoya and Han Zhuoling together. The din in the room immediately hushed as all eyes saw their holding hands. One look around the room and Han Zhuoling immediately knew that it was a blind date for Shi Xiaoya and the person concerned was Shen Shi'an.

1795 - Therefore Han Zhuoling took the initiative to introduce himself: "Hello, Mr. Shi. I am Xiaoya's boyfriend." It made everyone speechless, because they wanted to play matchmaker. Who knew Shi Xiaoya would bring over her boyfriend? They wanted to dig a hole because it was Han Zhuoling of all people. Shi Nancang demanded to know when they started to be together, because he was reminded of the time Zhuoling came out from Shi Xiaoya's place. Shi Xiaoya said they only officially got together the day before yesterday. "Official?" Nancang repeated, "How long have you known each other?" She reminded him of the time he met the entire Han family at the same restaurant. Shi Nancang was still shellshocked, while Shen Shi'an was depressed as his worst fears had come true.

5. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    poor shen shi'an....i don't even feel bad for him XD

6. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    Donations welcome~

1796-1800

1796 - The other friends tactfully suggested they should eat separately so that the family members can sort things out. Zhuoling said they were all friends "of his elder brother" and offered to treat them to the meal. Shi Nancang could barely process the fact that Zhuoling had called him elder brother despite being older. Frankly he was shocked that Shi Xiaoya had kept something from him, rather than the fact that she was with Han Zhuoling. Shi Xiaoya said he shouldn't pay for her friends, but he insisted. The friends accepted and left the three of them in the private room; Shen Shi'an couldn't even look at Han Zhuoling in the eyes. Once they left, Shi Nancang repeated his question. Zhuoling said it had been awhile, but Nancang cut him off before he say "older brother" again, saying it was too awkward to be called that by him.

1797 - Shi Xiaoya was annoyed but Shi Nancang also had a bone to pick with her: she lied to him at the restaurant, about how she was only with Zhuoling to avoid being a light bulb between Lu Man and Han Zhuoli. "So that was what you told your brother?" Zhuoling raised an eyebrow. Shi Xiaoya was embarrassed and said it was because they weren't an item yet at the time. From this little exchange Shi Nancang could see that Zhuoling had completely tamed her. "Big- well, can I call you Nancang? I am serious about Xiaoya. I liked her first and had confirmed my own feelings before confessing to her. Yes, I had a previous marriage. But I am completely serious about this with a view towards marriage. Xiaoya is my first love, and I never thought I would feel this way until I met her. In my entire life, I was moved only this once," Zhuoling said solemnly. Shi Xiaoya was very moved, but Shi Nancang's doubt was obvious to see. Zhuoling reassured him, saying that he had never been tempted in his 30 years before meeting Shi Xiaoya. By now even Shi Nancang was moved. Everyone knew the story of Zhuoling and his ex-wife Xia Yixin. After the divorce, he never spoke a word about her, yet Xia Yixin told everyone who listened about their loveless marriage, blaming his uncaring coldness for her distress.

1798 - Basically, it was Xia Yixin herself who confirmed that Zhuoling had no emotional relationship to her. Therefore Shi Nancang could believe Zhuoling. Still, he was wary because this is Zhuoling's first love. He might cause hurt to Shi Xiaoya and break up in the future. "Even if you don't believe me, you should believe in Xiaoya's choice," Zhuoling said. Shi Xiaoya added her pleas: "Brother, believe me. I... I like him very much." Shi Nancang was really worried for her, because the Han family was so domineering. If she was with Shen Shi'an, he could still fight him and the Shen family for her sake. But with Han Zhuoling... "In the past, work comes first for him. Now I am first," Shi Xiaoya said, "He didn't even go back to work today just to accompany me today." Shi Nancang could see how she was defending Zhuoling and the gentle, smiling face on him was shocking to see. Indeed, it seems Shi Xiaoya was really more important to Han Zhuoling than his work.

1799 - Looking at them now, Shi Nancang realized he would be unable to stop them. They were giving him face by coming tonight. Therefore he gave his blessings and hoped she will be happy and well. "Well, you two are just dating, not marrying. If it doesn't work, you can just break up," he said. "I won't break up. She's so good, I won't do it," Zhuoling said immediately, "I am dating in view for marriage, I have confirmed that she is the person I want to spend my life with before confessing. Loving without wanting to marry is a joke, how can anyone do this sort of thing?" Suddenly Zhuoling realized his disapproving tone and Shi Nancang raised an eyebrow, secretly relishing his new identity as 'big brother'. He won't object to their relationship but will keep an eye on them. Then they shared a happy meal together. Of course, Shi Nancang could see their PDA first hand. The two of them did it unintentionally, unaware that Shi Nancang was force fed such dog food. Still, he could see that Zhuoling truly cared for his sister.

1800 - Peeling the shrimp and dipping the sauce for her... Zhuoling took care of her and Shi Xiaoya accepted it naturally. Did they really just fall in love recently? Shi Nancang asked when they would meet the parents and they agreed on the coming Saturday. The way Zhuoling quickly agreed without consulting his scheduling and willing to push off any sudden work to Zhuoli convinced Shi Nancang that the famous workaholic was indeed putting Shi Xiaoya first. Once the meal was done, Shi Nancang used his elder brother privilege and said he would send his sister home, leaving no room for Zhuoling or Shi Xiaoya to talk back. Shi Xiaoya could only tell Zhuoling to drive safe and rest early.

7. Daemon Kieran

Daemon Kieran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish you well in your full recovery.

8. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1801-1805

1801 - "I'll call you later," he said as they said their goodbyes. Shi Nancang thought he was the bad guy getting in the way of their love drama. He was only sending her home... Zhuoling even walked them to their car. "Go back," she said. "I'll go once you have left," Zhuoling said. "That's enough out of you two! I'm just sending her home!" Shi Nancang snapped. Really, he had not expected this side of Han Zhuoling at all. Unable to stand their melodrama, he quickly drove Shi Xiaoya away. Just then, Shen Shi'an and the other friends also came out of the restaurant. They consoled him, but he was anguished that his chance had been snuffed out before he could even try. He blamed himself for being too slow despite knowing her earlier. They had all treated her as a sister and it was too late for him to realize. They encountered Han Zhuoling and the atmosphere became awkward. They thanked him for the meal. Zhuoling in turn thanked them for standing up for Shi Xiaoya when she was attacked on social media.

1802 - Shen Shi'an was still a little aggrieved and couldn't resist saying that Zhuoling should have made things clear back then to avoid the incident. His friends were aghast but Zhuoling didn't mind and explained that they weren't an item back then, and whatever he said at the time would cause more problems. He bid them farewell and left. The other friends said it was lucky that Shi'an haven't approach Shi Xiaoya yet. It was obvious to them that Zhuoling knew what was up, and he had given them face. Shi'an finally accepted that he had lost. Besides, he didn't want to make things difficult for Shi Nancang. Still, he swore to take Shi Nancang drinking to vent later. Inside the car, Shi Nancang interrogated his sister. He was depressed that she had lied to him at the restaurant, but she said it was true that she was there because of Lu Man. What about the time before she flew to the north. Did you already know Zhuoling back then?

1803 - But he already knew the answer, because Zhuoling and Shi Xiaoya worked on the first episode of Survivor. Han Zhuoling sure was shameless, lying to his face that he didn't know her then. Shi Xiaoya sighed, saying she didn't intend to hide it from her brother. Zhuoling did treat her differently, but they had no relationship. She didn't know what to tell him and was afraid of being a one-sided misunderstanding. Shi Nancang said he won't oppose their relationship, just that she keeps him in the loop so that he can help if needed. Their family isn't as powerful as the Hans, but that doesn't mean they will just roll over in case of a dispute. At the very least the Shi family can give the Hans a painful lesson. "Yes, you're going to say that won't happen, but all marriages have their challenges. If you two ever fight, you can come back or look for me. Rightly or wrongly, we will always stand by you... You're an adult now, and I can't always control you and treat you like a child. Han Zhuoling is a mature man and sooner or later this step will be taken," he said. "What are you talking about?" Shi Xiaoya asked. "...In case that step is really reached, take precautions. Don't be stupid," Shi Nancang said hesitantly. Shi Xiaoya blushed and exclaimed, but Shi Nancang went on: "You are all adults. Though the family wants to approve of your partner, we're not old fashioned and insist for things to only happen after marriage."

1804 - He went about how it was better for the men to wear contraceptives than for women to take the pill. Break up with him if he wants you to deal with it yourself and insist on the medicine. Shi Xiaoya closed her ears and refused to listen, but she knew he was thinking for her. Once Shi Xiaoya reached home, she sent Zhuoling a message and went to bathe. She took her time for a luxurious bubble bath to relax. Once she was done, she did her makeup cleansing ritual and put on a silk bathrobe and prepared for bed. The moment she walked out of her bathroom, she ran into a meat wall. She was frightened, but it was Han Zhuoling. They hugged when... "Xiaoya!" Shi Nancang called out outside, because he had forgotten his mobile phone. Shi Xiaoya was stunned and Zhuoling was even more annoyed. What can they do but to come out of her room together as disheveled as she was. "Why are you two coming out of the same room?" Shi Nancang demanded. It was obvious he had caught Han Zhuoling redhanded.

1805 - Shi Nancang didn't oppose their relationship but of course it didn't feel nice for him to see it. He snorted, asking what the CEO was doing there. Zhuoling said he was about to leave. "Good, I'll go with you," Shi Nancang said, and refused Shi Xiaoya when she offered to walk them out. She could only go to the balcony to spy on them as they said their goodbyes. Shi Xiaoya went to bed restlessly and was only comforted when Zhuoling messaged her when he reached his door. They messaged back and forth and Zhuoling had a wide a smile on his face as he entered his home. It was then that Lin Liye greeted her son's return.

9. SinfullPanda

SinfullPanda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I've just started reading this and have to ask if anyone else finds the FLs mother annoying early on in the story. I'm only up to chapter 56 and the mother has just tried to yell at her ex husband after her operation after the FL just told her to relax. Like you've just come out of a major surgery and any huge stress could kill you. Are you trying to give your daughter more to worry about?

10. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's a nice change actually, from all those novels that have a meek mother being bullied and being utterly dependent on the MC to have an excuse to bring them up every now and then in those stories.

couchpotato1929 likes this.
  11. ocelot

ocelot Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No way! Xia Qingwei is like the only mother who gets better and feels guilty about the weight she put on her daughter. She thinks fast, she's a fighter, she is not afraid of her bullying ex-husband, and she finds her own happiness once her daughter moves on. She is far better than the wilting lillies who abandon their daughters, choose the stepdaughter, or the moms who can't help because they've never worked a day in their life. Xia Qingwei is the bomb.

Why has no one ever mentioned how slimy Han Zhuoli is to be kissing Lu Man in the hospital room after her mother had heart surgery, with that old couple on the other side of the curtain? That was so slimy I almost dropped the book.

crunchberry likes this.
  12. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1805-1810

Accidentally split a long chapter into two previously. Nothing was skipped, just my numbering mistake.

1805 - Han Zhuofeng was not at home as he had joined Director Sun Yiwu’s crew to learn from him, leaving her alone at home spending her time watching a tv drama recommended by Grandma. It was 9pm and she was surprised to see Zhuoling return at this hour. Did you go to straight to work after returning? But where’s your luggage. Zhuoling’s lips could not stop twitching in a smile and it made her ask: “What is wrong with your mouth?” He coughed and said very blandly: “I put it in my girlfriend’s house.” Oh. She turned to watch the tv before it registered. “What did you say?” she asked in shock and Zhuoling repeated. “Girlfriend? What girlfriend? You have Xiaoya, you dare to find a girlfriend? You’re too much!” she scolded. “My girlfriend is Xiaoya,” Zhuoling said helplessly and Lin Liye realized that they were officially an item. She was shocked he actually skipped work to be with her. “Yes, and we had dinner with her brother,” he said.

1806 - He reminded her that the Hans had saw Xiaoya’s brother the other time. Lin Liye had a nice impression of Shi Nancang and it was proof that their Shi family was indeed good. Zhuoling planned to visit their parents on Saturday. Lin Liye was glad that Shi Nancang gave his approval to the relationship, but she was annoyed that she was kept in the dark. Zhuoling explained that they only became official the day before yesterday. He then went to freshen up and Lin Liye hurriedly called Grandma. Grandma thought she was calling to discuss about the tv drama.

1807 - Lin Liye hurriedly interrupted her before she could give any spoilers. She told her about Zhuoling’s good news and Grandma was delirious and slapped a leg. Unfortunately, it was Grandpa’s leg. Lin Liye informed her that Zhuoling would be visiting the parents, showing that it was all prim and proper. Meanwhile Shi Xiaoya finally received a video call from Zhuoling and was greeted by his naked chest, because he was lounging in the bathtub. He teased her before telling her that he had already informed his mother about their relationship. She too had told her parents that she was bringing her boyfriend home, but she sneakily didn’t tell her parents that he was Han Zhuoling. Something in him stirred as he drank in her mischievous nature. Xioaya thought he had fallen ill because he suddenly became quiet, but actually he was interested in her nightclothes.

1808 - He wanted her to show him, and she had not thought that he was that sort of person at all. But of course, he was that way because of her. They ended the call and Zhuoling looked down at himself and sighed because he had to solve the ‘problem’ himself. The next morning at the company Zhuoling told his PA to order a bouquet of flowers. This time he will be delivering it personally. In fact, he’s going to clock out normally today, and his PA was of course happy at the lack of overtime. At around 4pm, the big bunch of flowers arrive at his office, sparking off conversations about it.

1809 - They thought someone brave was sending flowers to their ice-cold CEO. They wondered if the CEO would be furious and privately admired the brave woman who had sent it. But later they were astonished to see Han Zhuoling come down the elevator holding the flowers. He left the office in a swagger. The various office workers and secretaries were dying for gossip.

1810 - Finally someone managed to get the truth from PA Chunian: it was not someone who had sent flowers, but Zhuoling himself was going to deliver them. It was so unbelievable that they did not believe Chunian. He said they could easily check with the florist and then beckoned them closer to reveal: this was not the first time Zhuoling had sent flowers, just that he had always used his driver Xiao Zhang to deliver them. Now that he had confirmed the relationship, of course Zhuoling would do it himself. Obviously they demanded to know who the girlfriend was, but Chunian laughed and said they will find out soon. Meanwhile, Shi Xiaoya was in her studio, idly browsing through the latest hot TV drama and comments about the makeup. She was distracted by Han Zhuoling’s luggage at her home.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  13. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1811-1815

1811 - Shi Xiaoya finally and belatedly realized that Zhuoling had purposely left his clothes and things at her place. There was a knock on her office door and she said “come in” while her eyes were still on her monitor, until a burst of red blocked her vision. It was a large bouquet of roses. She looked up and of course it was Han Zhuoling. She was stunned because he had come over so early, in fact, it wasn’t even time for her to end the day yet. “Because I want to see you. I have been thinking about you since last night and through all day at work,” he said. Really, he was putting her ahead of his work. Seeing her still stunned, he shook the bouquet in her face. She finally took it… but it was simply too big and she did not have a suitable vase for it. She could only split it up, some for her office, some to bring back home. He asked if she was busy. She was only checking comments about her makeup work and shut down the computer.

1812 - She held onto the flowers as he drove her home. “Did you leave your tie at home on purpose?” she asked. Zhuoling kept a straight face and lied: “If it wasn’t for you reminding me, I wouldn’t have known I left it at your place.” She did not believe him. She had thought it through: first it was a tie, then he bought slippers for different seasons. Then more and more things. All this, before they had fallen in love. Now that they are, there’s even an entire luggage. She was so stupid, she thought. “Oh, is that so?” she laughed meaningfully. Zhuoling: “…” realizing the simple little white rabbit was now wising up. Still, he liked this sensation. The first thing he saw when he stepped into her place was his suitcase. “I realized too late that your suitcase was still here and didn’t clean clothes inside,” she explained. “No need to clean up, I accidentally left it here,” Zhuoling said. “Oh,” Shi Xiaoya smiled blandly, “Since you are already here, you can just take it back with you.” Finally Zhuoling couldn’t stand it any longer and admitted he was planning to move in. Bit by bit. She didn’t object but pinched him. “I just want to enter your life little by little, so that I am part of your world,” Zhuoling said as he held her hand. He whispered in her ear: “When I took a bath last night, there was something left unfinished.” Shi Xiaoya of course knew what he had insinuated that night and hurriedly changed the subject to collect his dried clothes. She had dried them together with her own. As she folded and put the clothes away, Zhuoling circled her waist, and asked if she would wear the nightgown again. Eventually he stopped teasing her “otherwise he really couldn’t stop”. She couldn’t help but grasp at his shirt buttons and asked “What do you do usually? How do you hold on?”

1813 - Zhuoling said he simply didn’t feel the urge before. He worked all the time, sleep only 4-5 hours. Whatever free time he had would be spent sleeping. He really didn’t have interest in other people. Until he met her, that is. He wanted to see her and be with her no matter how tired he was. “Did you remember what happened during the first episode of Survivor?” he asked. Of course she did, it was when the ghastly misunderstanding happened. He admitted that he actually had a reaction to her that time when he held her. If she had not struggled he would have kissed her. Anyways, she doesn’t seem ready for the next step now and he won’t force her. He laughed, saying that her hands had subconsciously unbuttoned two buttons of his clothes. He teased her and then took out the toiletries from his suitcase to put at her bathroom. Before he left, he asked for a farewell kiss. She watched him go from the balcony as he drove off into the distance.

1814 - She waved him goodbye. That night when she was doing her cleaning routine, she saw Zhuoling’s toothbrush, shaver and other toiletries. It had only been a few days but there were traces of him everywhere in her house… That Saturday Lin Liye had stuffed gifts into Zhuoling’s car to be given to Shi Xiaoya’s parents, saying there was no way he would know the tastes of the elder generation. “Don’t waste time, go early and don’t let them wait too long,” she urged. Zhuoling promised to take Shi Xiaoya home in the future for a formal introduction, after all that dinner the other time was an ‘coincidence’. It was said that Zhuofeng was away until the Chinese New Year. During the car ride, Zhuoling was worried and it showed. He was worried that her parents would disapprove. He was older than her and was a divorcee.

1815 - Shi Xiaoya’s parents were waiting for their arrival with anticipation. The mother craned her head to keep looking at there entrance, while the father had drank two pots of tea already. She scolded Shi Nancang who was still keeping the man’s identity a secret. Luckily he was rescued by the doorbell. The servant upon checking the intercom was speechless. The door was opened and in walked Shi Xiaoya and Han Zhuoling.

14. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1816-1820

1816 - Shi Xiaoya entered first and she greeted her family. Then came Han Zhuoling and her parents were thunderstruck. The mother Mrs Du Yizhang rocked on her heels and luckily Shi Nancang supported her in time. Han Zhuoling was a little shocked too, were the parents that dissatisfied with him? He greeted them: Uncle, auntie, brother. Brother? Isn’t Nancang younger than you… “Just call me Zhuoling,” he continued. Then they noticed the large amounts of gifts he was carrying. He explained they were chosen by his mother and grandmother. The Shi family were speechless, as this meant the Han family were completely supportive of this relationship.

1817 - “Have Xiaoya met your elders?” they asked. “They met at the National Academy event. At that time we were not a couple, but I was courting her,” Zhuoling smiled. Even Shi Xiaoya was surprised. “Didn’t I send you flowers everyday?” he reminded her. Mrs. Du had to sit down because she was becoming dizzy. She chastised Xiaoya for keeping them in the dark. She simply did not expect Zhuoling at all. Xiaoya smirked mischievously. Zhuoling then asked for them to give him a chance to be with Shi Xiaoya. The parents hastily said they weren’t objecting to him at all, they know all about him. He was upright in business and never resorted to dirty deeds. They even dispelled his worries about their age gap. Truly, they were relieved that their daughter had found someone worthy and not fallen into something messy. “Well, Xiaoya’s vision isn’t that bad,” Zhuoling smiled.

1818 - Mrs Du was still dizzy at the fact that her daughter had landed Han Zhuoling. The parents were very happy and so they had an amicable afternoon together. The father even had drinks with him, even though Zhuoling was not a drinker. Shi Xiaoya could see that Han Zhuoling disliked alcohol but was giving face to her father.

1819 - This was good as she did not like those who drink too much. She admonished her father but he insisted and Zhuoling went along. Shi Nancang also encouraged him, but he earned a glare from his sister. She then turned to her mother for help but that couldn’t dissuade her father. All Shi Xiaoya could do was to put food on his plate so that he wouldn’t be drinking on an empty stomach. Their little PDA was of course seen and approved by the mother. The father though thought it was a little unfair as he had never enjoyed such treatment from his daughter. Here she was taking care of Han Zhuoling, something he had yet to experience himself.

1820 - His cute and beautiful daughter was about to be taken away and so he keep encouraging Zhuoling to drink. Zhuoling caught on and was able to turn the tables on him by pouring for him. Eventually Mr Shi got tipsy and warned that Zhuoling must take care of Xiaoya and not let her be bullied or suffer. Zhuoling promised and managed to call them ‘father/mother-in-law’. Once more Mr Shi said Zhuoling could not wrong Shi Xiaoya. “Dad, if you are uneasy, we can discuss the wedding date,” Zhuoling suggested.

15. crunchberry

crunchberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, I love it. Thanks!

16. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    1821-1825

1821 - Shi Nancang and Shi Xiaoya were speechless. It was the first day and already you are proposing! Shi Nancang interrupted by saying they were all drunk and Zhuoling managed to pull himself back... “Maybe it would be better to discuss tomorrow?” he said instead. Shi Nancang said it was all too fast and her mother agreed, only for her to say: “Wouldn’t it be better if it’s after the New Year?” Zhuoling agreed and Shi Nancang not wanting his sister to be ‘abducted’, insisted for him to drink. Drink!

1822 - But neither Mr. Shi nor Shi Nancang were Zhuoling’s opponent. They had to be helped to rest. Mrs. Du apologized for the farce but Zhuoling didn’t mind. She left to help Mr. Shi to the bedroom. Once she was gone, Zhuoling’s mask slipped off. He really was drunk and had to lean and rest on Shi Xiaoya’s shoulder. She gently massaged his temple, and said they should leave and rest once they had said goodbyes to her mother. Suddenly the drunk Shi Nancang got up and pointed at Han Zhuoling: “Get up! Don’t take advantage of my sister!”

1823 - They were shocked and Zhuoling stood up. But then Shi Nancang fell back asleep. Mrs Du then returned and the couple took the opportunity to say goodbye. She gave them a thermos of soup and they left. Mrs Du and her maid watched them go with satisfaction. Their nosy neighbour Mrs Zheng came over for gossip, asking if Shi Xiaoya had finally found a boyfriend.

1824 - Mrs Du did not look highly on the Zheng family, as their children were not very talented and had to rely on their existing family business. The successes of the Shi children were irritating for Mrs Zheng to see and she could not resist giving a barbed warning about how Shi Xiaoya should be careful about in relationships in the entertainment world. Mrs Du deflected it by saying they were very satisfied with the son-in-law that their daughter had found, he was someone very good indeed. Mrs Zheng did not believe the exaggeration and fished to know who the man was. It could be someone excellent from the 8 great families, or some wastrel like her own son.

1825 - Mrs Zheng was someone who derived pleasure listening to the trouble of others, and so she hoped Shi Xiaoya’s boyfriend was someone lackluster, someone who would be worse than her son so that her son was not the most terrible. Mrs Du strung her along before revealing it was Han Zhuoling. Mrs Zheng would not believe her and mocked her for making it all up and left. Mrs Du was furious but her maid calmed her down and count the days so that she could eat her words. Elsewhere, Han Zhuoling was too drunk and so Shi Xiaoya could only bring him to her home, not wanting to make a bad impression on the Han family. She had just parked the car and unfastened the seat belt when Zhuoling lurched over to lean his head on her shoulder.

17. xiao_daoist

xiao_daoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're doing a really good job. Thanks for all the spoiler, I know it isn't easy. I really appreciate. Do take care of your health.

18. xiao_daoist

xiao_daoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really can't wait for us to get to the part Lu Man goes into a coma and visits her past life.

Nese and Shivani like this.
  19. Shivani

Shivani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too

20. kichullie

kichullie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same saaaameee!!
    I'm still trying to catch up rdawv....