What positive effects can meditation bring to the health of a being?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 41274, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    The only people who have time for that are old people and those in the countryside. For us in the city, everything is a rush. So much so that even sleeping is a luxury. Instead of meditation, that time should be better spent for more sleep.

Qigong was designed during the time when people have too much time on their hands while waiting for crops to grow. These days, if we're not doing something within that hour, there's something wrong with our productivity.

otaku31 and asriu like this.
  2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    so you are meatbun which put inside freezer~ past expire date?

3. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    I said i'm a calm type tho. Not a cool or cold type.

asriu likes this.
  4. WilliamMartin254

WilliamMartin254 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm new in this, but try to meditate minimum 10 minutes every day

5. Zaart

Zaart Deer Master Race

Reading List:
    Link
    for beginner it is better to telle them to let their thoughts go, like a river.
    they need to let things that pass their mind do just that: just pass
    also you are sure about sleep paralysis? i never heard about it before

ah i am quite curious about how you do the last one, the only time something similar happen is when i am reading something interesting ;), it somewhat remind me of auto-hypnosis.
    i can do the others and i am also curious about what the other things you can do are, i am also self-taught.
    (also if you don't know as fun thing to do there is "death meditation" (learning to accept death to help you feel more at ease with your life) and learning to let everything not related just leave your head whenever you want in everyday-life (useful for working on something boring))

6. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    I discovered the last one by trying to conscientiously get the feeling of sound dullness that I get when I am starting to be dulled to sleep (There was very noisy construction works around my home at that time and I was working at home as a freelancer).
    I reached it after quite a few tries and discovered that by pushing it further I could litterally shut off my hearing awarness, and latter I found that it was possible to do the same for the other senses....
    The key for the first times is to try to reach dullness and then continue to push further until complete ereasure.

I never tried to put specific thoughs as a central element to meditation because I felt it would deny to main purpose of it :blobpats:
    And about death, I never felt very anxious about it, if it happens in a situation where I can't do anything to avoid it, if it come it will come, after all life is a pretty mean ordeal : everybody goes through it while already knowing how it ends, and nobody will get out of it alive so then the only thing you can do is enjoy it as much as you can and if you can't make it better for all the others at least avoid to avoid making it worse for them ... :blobuwu:

7. Zaart

Zaart Deer Master Race

Reading List:
    Link
    it is not exactly centering yourself on a thought but more using your imagination to feel what you would in a situation when you know death is coming, but well if you like how you are no need to bother ;)

mmmh okay i could try that, but i am not sure what you mean by sound dullness, usually it is just my surroundings that i somehow begin to stop noticing.
    i could ignore sound or light before sleeping but it is not dulling their presence in my mind.

well thanks for the answer at least =)

8. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny thing is that I meditate to heavy metal best - the DOOM game soundtracks specifically lol
    I do it in bed at night usually, so if I fall asleep sometime along the way doesn't matter.

Great for power napping sometimes