Spoiler The second coming of gluttony plothole?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Mar 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    So apparently there are traitors who are attempting to defame the MC. Shouldn't the sevens sins know who these traitors are or at least have a good guess? I mean these traitors are getting their power from the seven sins, so the seven sins could take back these powers and inform their followers right?

These traitors have been successful in destroying the greatest warriors already which is a big ass problem for the seven sins, surely they should have no problem outing the traitors and killing them right?

I don't know, feels like a plothole to me.

SamStrike likes this.
  2. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Bruh its not a plothole. In the next few chapters when jihu talks to gula, she tells him that just like earthlings are binded by oaths in the way that they cannot reveal anything related to paradise on earth, similarly the gods are binded too in the form that they cannot directly change things in paradise otherwise they would have wiped these traitors out themselves. Though they can get indirectly involved like setting those banquets.

3. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesn't stop them from clearly telling everyone who the traitors are right? They shouldn't binded by telling people important stuff.

4. kingtaoist

kingtaoist New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the biggest plothole for me is when it was revealed that cinzia was an executor who can fight against 1 of the seven armies with the help of agnes and a few valkyries. i mean, when they were in an expedition with dylan, hugo, the princess and other high rankers, they were oveerwhelmingly defeated and their allies --including the princess-- were captured while agnes was hit by a sniper and went unconcious. it wasn't stated what happened with cinzia on that expedition, but she was one of the people who were on the temple trying to heal themselves. how can cinzia and the rest get defeated and allowed their close allies--especially the princess -- to die/get captured in front of them if they had the power to fight against an entire army?

then during the war against the parasites, she revealed her true powers as an executor in front of everyone. and her only reason was that he wanted to protect the MC, whom she only interacted 2-3 times in a casual manner while she let her old acquaintances die.

let me quote:“What a shame I had to reveal it because of a certain someone.” seriously?? she valued someone --who is almost a stranger to her-- over the princess and other people close to her?

Wujigege and SamStrike like this.
  5. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not a plot hole either. She can't carry everyone who were incapacitated, they didn't use a portal during the first expedition. No matter how strong you are, one's perception won't be able to detect a sniper specially if it's biologically made to be one. Maybe she could still dodged it if it's aimed at her, she might've dodged it since there wasn't a single sniper. So what they did was a tactical retreat, since Cinzia has to rush back too to save the heavily injured Agnes.

It would be idiotic for her to reveal her executioner position on a Parasite's territory, they would've died there due to a full pursuit from the enemies.

6. Heckaton

Heckaton Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While they technically can, it is explicitly stated that it will be either useless or will cause a bad counter-effect
    [It is impossible for two reasons.]

[The first reason is that the Parasite Queen will not give up after failing just once or twice. The second reason is that any divine interference will cause a large ripple due to the laws of causality.]

[If we interfere and cause something to happen as a result, then the Parasite Queen will receive the same right to reverse that result. This is the law of the world.]

'I don’t understand. Then that means that according to the laws of causality, the Parasite Queen—’

[She is currently the absolute ruler of Paradise, and hence the only existence exempt from the laws of the world. By seizing the position of the Chief Deity, she received the power to see the stars of destiny and the right to directly interfere with them. Her situation is different from ours.]

It's not a plothole, because cinzia didn't participate in the expedition. It was mentioned that only two people managed to come back, which were Ian and Agnes

The 'someone' she mentioned was undying dilligence, not Seol. As in, she was forced to go all out to not be killed by him in a fight
    “What a shame I had to reveal it because of a certain someone.”

The King of the Death Knights, Unsightly Humility, tilted his head back and guffawed.

“My apologies then..."

7. kingtaoist

kingtaoist New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he(unsightly humility not undying diligence) was one of the three people from the parasite's side who was part of the conversation. it doesnt matter how he acted at that time.

are you saying that later on it was revealed that they once fought against each other in the past and cinzia was forced to go all out or she went all out during this war?( i skipped reading the entire war arc of this novel after this chapter LOL)

why was unsightly humility acting surprised when he saw it? and from what he said, he was the one who killed the previous executor.

“This power….”

A Valkyrie avoided the spectral horse’s stomp, spinning to the side and thrusting her shining spear.

Unsightly Humility waved his longsword and easily brushed off the attack before calming down his spectral horse and opening his mouth.

“Could it be…? Did I not exterminate the Executor of Sloth in the past?”

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  8. Heckaton

Reading List:
    Link
    my bad, mistook the two of them.

It does, because it was originally predicted that it's very unlikely that the seven army would come to the war. In actuality, they did come, which in turn forced cinzia to reveal her executioner power.
    "The Seven Armies… won’t come, right?"

—We can’t be sure. But considering the value of Tigol Fortress, the possibility of them coming is extremely low. Not to mention the amount of troops that the Parasites have already invested on Tigol Fortress, it’s a place that they couldn’t conquer for a long time even after sending five of the Seven Armies…

it was during this war,

he was surprised because he didn't know that a new executor of sloth (cinzia) had been chosen
    “Well… I guess it’s not the strangest thing for a new Star of Sloth to have been chosen. After all, it’s been a while since that happened.”

Unsightly Humility answered his own question

9. kingtaoist

kingtaoist New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i see. but we are got sidetracked from the original conversation here. i think it is clear that the ''someone'' cinzia was talking about was the MC , seol. it was clearly stated that 3 of the seven armies attacked haramark for only one purpose, which is to find seol -- whom they didnt know at that time.
    [We only need one.]
    He raised his index finger high up into the sky for everyone to see.
    [Amongst you should be a human who recently began to make a name for himself.]
    Undying Diligence continued calmly.
    [If you hand over that person…]
    Teresa’s eyes abruptly widened to full circles as she listened in a daze.
    She subconsciously turned her head half-way before going ‘Ah’ and stopping.
    [We will go back quietly. I shall promise with my name.]
    [This offer is not a command, nor is it a request. It is a negotiation.]
    [Your safety will be guaranteed if you hand over just one person. How can there be a better condition?]
    [Ah, of course, you might think that we are deceiving you. But think about this. Whether this one person exists or not, do you lot think we are asking because we cannot do anything?]
    [It might look similar~ But compared to Tigol Fortress, this is a toy~]

it was also clear that at that time, all of MC's acquaintances were trying to hide the MC's identity from getting exposed. it was only after these verbal confrontations that cinzia made a move and revealed her true powers. although the there are probably a number of reasons why cinzia revealed her true powers, it is already a fact that she revealed it for a certain ''someone''. since you want to argue that this "someone'' is not the MC, i'll let the other readers decide for themselves.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  10. Heckaton

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobokhand::blobokhand::blobokhand::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:

11. kingtaoist

kingtaoist New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i also dont understand why after killing '' undying diligence'', the commander of the nesferatu-- the parasite's strongest force-- and the 3 armies did they not continue attacking their enemy. from what i know, the parasites needed to mobilize 5 of their 7 armies in order to defeat the federation and take away the control of Tigol fortress. when the parasites decided to attack Haramark, they took 3 of their armies that was stationed at Tigol Fortress, which in turn weakened it. and when those 3 armies were defeated in haramark, the Federation also defeated the 2 remaining armies stationed at Tigol Fortress at the same time. although the Paradisian kingdoms and the Federation does not see eye to eye, they have the same enemy, which are the parasites.

Logically, they should have taken advantage of these two victories to weaken/defeat the enemy. however, they did not do it. and if it took a long time for the 5 armies to defeat the Federation, it can be assumed that the 5 armies are only slightly stronger than the federation. yet it only took 1 of the 7(not sure of the exact numbers since only 3 have been mentioned so far) paradisian kingdoms to defeat 3 of the parasite armies. doesnt that mean that if 3 of the kingdoms joined forces with the federation that they would finally be able to defeat the parasites who invaded their planet? however, it seemed that the parasites are always on the offensive while the federation(the only one that fights back) and rest of the kingdoms are doing nothing, which does not make sense to me.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  12. Heckaton

Reading List:
    Link
    The way I see it, the armies didn't pursue the parasite simply because they can't. On Seol's side, they have a huge casualty, and unsightly humility is acting as the rearguard while his divinity is unlocked, which means it will be really disadvantageous to chase them. Not to mention the possibility of parasite backups if they were to get lured into their territory.

As for the federation, I'd imagine the situation is similar, if not worse. At the beginning of the battle, Haramark's army was pretty much carried by the earthlings, and their opponents are "just" 3 armies, while the federation is against five, and possibly with only a few earthlings or none at all (on the account of their bad relationship with humans)

13. kingtaoist

kingtaoist New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the parasites only have 7 armies. how can Haramark face 3 of them while the federation go against 5? LOL. as for the 2 armies, it was mentioned that they are not in paradise, but in a diffrent realm. and it is not like the parasites didnt have any casualties either. they were defeated, remember? which means they incurred more casualties than the federation and haramark combined.

my point is that the other kingdoms can also join the fight since the main reason the paradisian gods made a pact with the royals in the first place is to defeat the parasites. they can mobilize their armies and the earthlings to defeat the parasites with the help of the federation.instead, they just watched the war without making a move.

Heckaton likes this.
  14. Heckaton

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobsweat::blobsweat::blobsweat:
    math is hard, yo

Though tbf the author hasn't mentioned any other kingdoms, I can see your point.

15. kingtaoist

kingtaoist New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the author mentioned several kingdoms already -- Scheherazade, haramark and eva.
    i dont know why those 3 were introduced as ''cities'', but if there are royals(king, princess etc) in every city, then it should be a kingdom rather than a city

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Heckaton likes this.
  16. TerraEarth

TerraEarth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it was never mentioned that she was part of the expedition, in fact the implication is that she didn't participate.
    She was not in the temple to recuperate, but to visit Agnes and to host meetings about the follow-up plan to the crisis that the human alliance had encountered.
    Here's the chapter:
    https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/the-second-coming-of-gluttony/scog-chapter-78

On your second point about her choosing to reveal her powers, "while she let her old acquaintances die", this statement is erroneous as she was never present in the expedition in the first place.
    Thirdly, she revealed her powers as executor to defend her city, Haramark, from complete destruction when the parasite commanders had shown themselves, it wasn't for Jihu.

@Mount Tai Unleashed , like everyone else mentioned, just review any scene where Jihu discusses his circumstance with Gula. She always averts the topic and eventually explains that she can't directly interfere with cause and effect and that only the parasite queen, who consumed the chief deity, can do so. The seven gods are limited in their means which is why they have to rely on earthlings to be their sword.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  17. kingtaoist

kingtaoist New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, i may have forgotten or even misunderstood it completely. but other than that, everything i said is probably correct

part of the reason why she revealed her powers was obviously to protect haramark, which does not need to be spoken, since she also lives there. but what came from her mouth is another matter: “What a shame I had to reveal it because of a certain someone.”
    it was obvious that she was talking about jihu,because the only reason the parasites attacked haramark in the first place is to find a certain someone--that someone being seol jihu.

18. TerraEarth

TerraEarth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it was because of Jihu's that the parasites invaded haramark with the force that they did, but she didn't reveal her powers out of a desire to protect Jihu but to defend Haramark.
    They don't share any bonds, he is not her lover, friend or subordinate. Haramark however, is her turf and kingdom and the source of the livelihood of her organization, she must defend it.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  19. kingtaoist

kingtaoist New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is going nowhere. let's just agree to disagree.