Spoiler A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 28, 2019.

1. TsukiSetsu

TsukiSetsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mind if you spoil it for me :aww: ? Many Thanks;)

2. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I wake up with tons and tons of spoilers...:D:D:D
    @Vivixoxo Its a surprise that the Empress helped for the retraction of the trial.

Re:Jeremy. God, man! Can you at the very least be calm and reflect on things before punching people who could put your family into ruin! It's amazing he still has something on your shoulders. I don't know who is worst, him or Nora when it comes to brawls. I'm becoming Parent!Shuli between these two.

Re: second trial. I wonder how many flexes did Theo did just to get to that trial. I wonder if the emperor disapproved again or Theo just went his own merry way.

Re:kakao. Thanks! my growing frustration of being in Asia but unable to download that damned app is just....

Please somebody tell me somebody effed the cardinal and he is not officating any weddings of Shuli...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  3. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link

4. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that deep down inside, Theo grew up as an insecure and parent less child. His mother died giving birth to him so his father resents him. When his father remarried maybe he felt isolated because a new empress means a new mother that he didn't really have a connection with. The only connection he has with Elizabeth is being the replacement for Empress. I believe he was already raised by nannies and he doesn't have a mother figure. My theory is that he is civil with Elizabeth because shes the Empress.

Enter the other ladies of the court like Heide. I believe the ladies felt sorry for him because his mother died. Kinda what happened with Jeremy, they invite him to play dates or whatever. But I don't think it really fulfilled his parental needs. He needs a parent that love him and his father isn't gonna win any Father of the Year awards. That is why maybe he was happy that the Duke believed him over Nora. He feels somebody cares about him and his existence.

Enter Shuli. He probably heard about her and maybe he was curious. When he met, his curiosity blossomed into jealousy. I could him asking why Jeremy and the other kids got a loving mom? He is a crown prince, why cant he get that too? Maybe in his mind, she could be his mother too, and the looks are just the icing on the cake. For me, that's his motivation by goading the Marquis' children into 'baddies'. Probably in his mind, if he was seen as a model son, she will like him too and take him as one of her own. Of course, he didn't know that Jeremy has feelings for her and Shuli does really care for her kids. About Nora - maybe he gets jealous that she is familiar with him and if he learned that he has romantic feelings, he wont let that happen. Its like he feels like a child when his mother tells him she a new boyfriend. I think the only he did overlooked was the Cardinal. In the end, he might have realized that Shuli isn't his mother (he is just imposing his mother over her) and if he didn't do what he did, she might have considered still being one of his mother figures.

...and that is my psychological analysis of Theobald Bismark. I could write within minutes while my manuscript is still blank.

5. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    That is.... Deep :hmm:

Khadz, Hathley, Spade_Ladyz and 6 others like this.
  6. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the crown prince lost his mother young. His father didn't like him much.
    He probably saw his aunt and uncle, Nora's parents as his closest paternal figures and didn't want to get in trouble with them. Which is why he blamed Nora, when he broke something.
    Nora was a bit much for getting so angry at a another child. He's begun being so rebellious in front of his parents just from this incident, and didn't realise how childish he's been, even now that he's older.
    He should've felt pity for his cousin, who is alone and probably afraid of losing anyone else. And Theo was probably jealous of Nora and Jeremy as well. Which is why he wants mc who is both such a perfect maternal figure and looks like his mom.

7. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    We finally get to Nora!

For me, Nora is the quintessential stubborn whipping boy oif the series. But he gets to keep the girl!

I don't necessarily agree that he shouldn't be more angry at Theo. As much as sympathetic Theo's background was, this wasn't probably relayed to Nora and he probably didn't care. What he cared was his parents didn't believe him. It gives off a feeling of betrayal since most kids would like their parents to believe or at very least, let me be heard their side of the story.
    And that's why he is blantly being disrespectful of his parents. Its similar to my own feeling as a teen that if they didn't care, I don't have the obligation to care either. It's a bit of miscommunication between his parents and him and being constantly compared to Theo might not be the best way.
    In way his relationship with Shuli, their some sort of weirdness going on. She understand him like a child - a person who doesn't have any control on what parents do (his parents disbelief of him and her parents solding her off like some furniture). He's also smitten by her and i guess having a maternal viewpoint also helps Shuli cope in his own issues with his parents.

8. Vivixoxo

Vivixoxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She took a risk in saying she would give up her position but she didn’t actually give it up since the trial ended before that would happen. Not sure who would have taken over though.

9. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the level of participation of the Empress and what did she do in the trial? I assume that since it ended abruptly as t she intervened in some way but if you know why, can you share?

10. Justpassingthrough

Justpassingthrough Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Nora's case I think there's more to it than just that incident.
    In one scene where he comes back home after his first meeting with Shuli his mom just starts scolding him and he's thinking " you don't even ask me why I do this?"
    I get the feeling that his parents don't really understand him and that incident with Theo was just the fuse that lit up an already existing problem. His mom especially doesn't seem like she can empathize with him at all.

11. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, he seems like a classic troubled teen. He probably feels unloved, unwanted and misunderstood. And I'm sure there is quite a bit of defiance and spite involved in his behaviour: You don't care about me? Well I don't care about you either! You don't listen to me? Well why should I listen to you then? You think I can't do anything right? Well then I'm just gonna do whatever I want!
    Really, if he hadn't met Shuli and become interested in her before the Memorial Ball, I'm pretty sure he would not have met with her again like his mother wants him to, just out of spite.

12. Justpassingthrough

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably.
    By the way do you know the mom's back story? Cus from what I've read so far she seems to have tea with the empress a lot but doesn't seem to be happy about it? Is there something going on on that end? She comes off as overall sad and lonely.

Th.ay, Rosie77, Jukki and 1 other person like this.
  13. MiserableSOUL

MiserableSOUL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems more like their first meeting cemented his interest in her and the fact that when her kids were accused during the party, she stood on their side compared to what his parents did with the crown prince.

14. Vivixoxo

Reading List:
    Link
    She was the one who opened up the trial in the first place. She disliked Shuli at first because Shuli looked like the previous empress so she assume their personality is the same. However, when Shuli threaten to cancel her marriage, she began to see Shuli in a different light and realized that Shuli is different (a better person) than the previous empress (therefore, she ended the trial).

15. Justpassingthrough

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the previous empress like that the current one would think she's a bad person?:hmm:

lan2001h, DOHere, lazynoodles and 2 others like this.
  16. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    #ShuliistheBestMomEver
    #JeremyDontDoit and #JeremytheFamilyZoned
    #EliasStopBadHabits
    #RachelisGonnabeAPrincess
    #LeontheUnderAchiever

as for the Rest
    #NoratheAngstBoywithaPunchSwordandKick
    #TheotheSociopathgwithASmile
    #ElizabethYouGotACrownAlready
    #MaxWhoCantGetOverhisDeadWife
    #LudovicatheEternalEmpress
    #AlwithaStubbornSon
    #HeiditheHaggardMother
    #JohannesWhoInstigatedThisAll
    #CreepyCardinalGotoHellorSleep and #CardinalLayoffwiththeDrugs

Did I miss anyone?

17. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    that's a good question. I was wondering the same as well.

18. PrinceTenjou

PrinceTenjou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers for the Romance subplots with Nora and the Prince? How did Nora and Shuli's relationship develop? Also does the Prince end up hitting on her or is he just looking to get adopted by her? Do the twins get any subplots?

19. Vivixoxo

Reading List:
    Link
    For those who asked about Shuli and Nora's relationship, here y'all go!

Nora refers to Shuli as "sister" (Noona in Korean), even when they're married. Their romantic relationship starts when the two visit the neighboring country (the country that Rachael becomes queen of), where they had their first kiss as well. At the time they start dating, Shuli is 19 and Nora is 17. Shuli also learns that the Duke physically abuses Nora when he punishes him. She helps encourage the Duchess to stand up to the Duke, which eventually helps Nora improve his relationship with his family. Shuli relies on Nora as her knight.

Shuli and the kids go on a family trip to the hot springs where Nora and his family are present as well. He ends up bonding with her and the other kids (except Elias lol). One night, Elias and the twins go missing, and Nora was the one who ends up finding them and bringing them back. He and Shuli began to trust one another after this.

Later on in the story, Shuli suffers from sleepwalking at night due to anxiety. However, Leon notices that this behavior only stops when Nora is around.

At a masquerade party, Elias sees Shuli and Nora kissing on the balcony, and he gets hella angry. He throws a huge fit, locks himself inside his room and threatens to starve himself to death. Rachael supports Shuli's relationship and argues back with Elias. Leon doesn't say anything at first, but he quickly accepts it and supports her. Jeremy doesn't get angry, more surprised, and the next morning, he goes to Nora's house and punches him in the face. They fight it out and end up laughing in the end. Jeremy goes home and Shuli treats his wounds. He tells Shuli that he will respect her decision. As for Elias, Shuli scolds him and he eventually learns to deal with it.

On Shuli's wedding day, Leon tells Shuli that he's ready to call Nora dad. Jeremy hilariously explodes and starts yelling at him. He says "the day that I call that black wolf my dad is the day of the empire's destruction" - something like that LOL.

After the first trial, the kids distance themselves from the Prince (Nora becomes best friends and rivals with Jeremy instead). The prince does confess his love to Shuli (this happens in the new manhwa chapter 32!) Of course, she turns him down. As Shuli's relationship with Nora progress, she becomes more suspicious of the Prince.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Ahmya, Bleh00, ellieedeean and 152 others like this.
  20. PrinceTenjou

PrinceTenjou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!!!

Ruruki likes this.