Recommendations Looking for this type of niche genre:

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Martialegg, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for this specific type of genre, where the plot is very cliche, but with a different POV (Point of view).
    The MC is usually the sidekick or the 2nd most important of the plot. The true MC is there on the story, while we focus on the support character.

If it's possible, I prefer that the MC is not the villain or the antagonist, but It is fine if the MC wants to help/support the true MC even if the MC was supposed to be a villain. Is it confusing? xd

The main motivation of the MC is very important >.> It doesn't matter if the MC has become much stronger than the true MC, but the MC must have a strict motivation that he just want to support the true MC, instead of monopolizing everything. If the MC goes alone/doesn't care about the true MC or making the true MC his/her supporting character instead, then it is disqualified from this of genre. Do you guys get it?
    Unfortunately, I don't even know what these tag/genre are called. Novelupdates doesn't have it xd

So, uhhh~ can you guys help me? Thanks xD

2. xluferx

xluferx [The writer who writes for fun][Meme lord]

Reading List:
    Link
    Diary of the prince about a self proclaimed villianess

3. whitenight2013

whitenight2013 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if a proper term was ever made up for it. Usually people just refer to this as a book with an Ishmael-like narrator. Books like Moby Dick. Unfortunately I don't know any stories that do this aside from Moby Dick. They aren't very popular.

4. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the term for it on tvtropes is quite literally Supporting Protagonist.
    It isn't really as rare as it may seem, but it just isn't something people generally look for in particular, especially not among stories heavy on wish-fulfilment, so doesn't seem anyone has added the tag on NU yet.