Discussion Save and Load, is this OP?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by girisuherman, Mar 18, 2020.

?

Is Save and Load power too OP?

1. Yes, sure

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. Maybe

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. There is always weakness... No light without dark

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  5. DEV this power too OP... Nerf it!

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. I just here for vote

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. plutotheplanet

plutotheplanet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    id say its only op if you can have multiple save files because if you only have one youd be cautious and try your best knowing if you save at one bad point then your screwed, while if you have multiple you'd play it easy to the point you'd live like a videogame with different saves where your good and kind in one while in the other your stealing stuff and being a jerk to people just because you can.

girisuherman likes this.
  2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    1) can you have more than 1 save slot? If no, then eventually you might just face a scenario of inevitable death/seal/captivity or something like that
    2) would you be willing to live in a world that's like a rerun of a TV show? It might be cool for a few days but then you'll just get bored out of your mind lest you have a very high WILL stat

girisuherman likes this.
  3. NobleQ

NobleQ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It really depends on how versitile the power will be and what the limitations are. For example can you only make 1 save or multiple (like back-up saves) is there a limit of saves you can make (like only 100 total through your entire life). Does Death actually revert to last save or is death unavoidable, or otherwise could you select which save after you die so you don't get stuck in a cycle, etc. If you have little limitations, then yes it's OP and the strongest power in the world if used intellengently.

4. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am talking about the manga Save & Load no Dekiru Yadoya-san .

5. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Save and Load is not very OP considering it is just causality or time manipulation. For a regular human, it is an OP ability, but in a world where superpowers are a norm, its only advantage is over people who cannot go around the Save and Load, bypass it, observe it easily, or overpower it with karmic disposition.

Think of playing a game, but the game's enemies always beat you in the end, no matter how saves or reruns you have gone through? It is like that. A convenient ability, but it takes a toil to one's sanity or soul over time.

Also Save and Load may have different types of "saving" and "loading". In the end, it is just an ability using memories as the source of power. Whether said memories are the world's or the denizens of the world or outside the world, is a completely different matter all together.

girisuherman likes this.
  6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, you mean save load inn.

7. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    You can never win against superman, it is only his good nature that lets batman win.

Nightow1 likes this.
  8. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saw someone with this power as a side character in a manga. They needed to set a save point location, and it wasn't OP, because the saves weren't permanent. If they died once, reloaded and then died before making another save, it'd be game over. And eventually your enemies would figure out your power and it'd get dangerous. And if you are weak, no matter how many times you reload you won't get stronger, and some walls can't be overcome with whatever plan you can get in motion in the limited time you have since the last save point. Since you can't know the future (without going through it at least once) you won't usually know the best time to set a save point, and have to just randomly guess. If you do it at a bad time (for example, you save and then 2 seconds later a bomb goes off and kills you), you're completely screwed.

girisuherman likes this.
  9. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Rob the bank and Load after Swat team came... walk away with happy expression:blobowoevil_horns: They never know....
    Probably like single player game, game crash forgot save and your item vanish:blobfearful:
    Autosave is plot... we do manual save,do it twice to make sure:blobReach: and yeah probably limit of save is author will, like Star Trek ship durability

Yeah, kinda like forced mission... make me remember year ago when my character is use weapon for COOL but met boss and i hate taint my 100% rate.... 14 hour game play plus save scum, then i:blobcat_hyper: quit... there is no way i can beat 100k boss HP with 100-300 per hit(if i remember right) my lesson is at last save before mission and in mission at different slot

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    talking about boss remind me with one of most annoying boss on ff series it was ff12 maybe? da boss on hmm arena or colosseum? it was so fakku annoying cuz insane high hp plus you may heal da boss cuz boss skill~ heck you can even run outside, save then continue da battle
    this cat never beat it but my friend said he need 4 hours to beat it~
    Square Enix is such a troll make such annoying hidden boss

girisuherman likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone that abuses save states all the time in games, I can say using Save States is pretty OP~

That said, no matter how much you scum save, you can't be a fight with 0% win chance~

girisuherman likes this.
  12. whitespace

whitespace Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Save and Load are stress relievers - that's for sure. But also these are tools worst than rifles and bombs. It will turn people into perfectionists. Lead them into a trap of seeking "better" results. There would be almost no acceptance, only grinding.

girisuherman likes this.