Discussion Is the Virus that serious in the U.S?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UnknownSaint171, Mar 18, 2020.

1. HellspawnLENW

HellspawnLENW Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they don't wash their hands that isn't my fault?
    Basic hygiene is up to them though personally I think you should wash your hands often just because it's gross not to

Sea Dog and anon like this.
  2. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh. So it's getting more serious then I thought.. I really don't want to see a body count like we saw in China. But from statistics I read was that most people have died were those who locked themselves in their houses. Which is weird and doesn't make sense to me since that seemed like the safest option.

I wonder how long this hoarding will last. True there is a large amount of food.. It's just the slow stocking of food. I want this virus to be over with already ^.^, not even ebola or swine flu was this long.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  3. Scottness123

Scottness123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From my experience so far and I already have 3 weeks of food stocked up, if you don't jump on the band wagon it's too late the minute the first person starts bulk buying it snow balls look at the people who saw online the panic buying of toilet roll.
    To them it must have looked like they knew something we didn't and jumped on the band wagon and now unless you panicked and bought it to or like me I buy a few packs once a month you now need to do other things to clean yourself up

Femme Fatale, mir and TooLazyToThink like this.
  4. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't saying it's your fault they aren't washing their hands I said it's your fault if you don't wash yours, this whole attitude that " its cool, people need to die anyway we have too many of them" is what disgust me with you.

you have to understand it's not that the numbers of infected are rising, its that America has fallen on its ass when it comes to being prepared for testing and treatment, the rising numbers we are seeing aren't "new cases" they are "newly discovered cases" which just means the more people we are able to test the more those numbers will rise. there is no reason to panic, you just need to keep distanced from people and follow basic hygiene you should come out ok, there are plenty of things you can do if you're a healthy "youngster" even when you do catch it to be able to get over it. if you are older or immunocompromised and you feel the symptons or are having issues breathing, please call your local ER, so they can inform you of what they can or will do for you.

edit: the people who died after locking themselves up were those with more critical symptons

CandleLight and Femme Fatale like this.
  5. HellspawnLENW

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said they needed to die hahaha
    I just have a low opinion of humanity that applies to me aswell

6. ddstovall

ddstovall Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don’t think the Rona will be as bad in the United States as compared to other countries. And you might as well stop paying attention to the cure progress because it an virus, the only way to fight a virus is through your immune system. I’m more worried about the economic impact of this state of emergency. I believe this state of emergency was issued way too fast. And people so scared of the virus they don’t see the dangers or being in a state of emergency in of itself.

7. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • China won't find a cure, but with how late to the table the US is to respond, it probably won't be the one to find it either. Especially since the pharmaceutical companies had to waste their time developing a test to detect it since WHO's test for covid-19 was rejected by the US government.
    • There won't be a food shortage. Stores are supplied multiple times a week. I've worked at a few and the fewest truck days(delivery days with numerous trucks) that I knew about was 4 in a week.
    • I know that many companies are already taking steps to limit spread, but those precautions aren't perfect.
    On a personal note, I live in a small town in MI and a case showed up here last Friday. I'm doing what I can to distance myself from others because I have a few family members that are high risk if they catch it. Even if I didn't after today's news of the possible mutation I would start.
    As for your question, assuming that the restaurants around you are open, many are closing as a precaution. There shouldn't be a problem. If anything they may be better than shopping since the rules that they have to follow make it less likely that they would spread a virus.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    The virus is not that serious, but it has a high infection rate, so it can overwhelm hospitals if too many people are infected too fast.

Which leads to a risk of quarantine, which leads to people panicking and buying out stuff in supermarkets.

I'd say the panic reaction is unnecessary, but... Eh? Can't do much about it~

CandleLight and Kumo723 like this.
  9. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They caught it and thought they were safe and when they realize it was corona they could not call for help as hey had trouble breathing. Which might be what I am going through. Feel the first stage of a cold/flu/corona with my nasal breathing feeling dry and the back of my throat like it's stuffed.

10. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    this statement:
    implies that, there are too many people, therefore it's ok if a bunch of them die. which disgusts me. I wake up everyday, look myself in the mirror, and tell me about all the failures I perpetrate, I tell myself every morning about what a piece of shit I am and I would be better off dead but are too frightened by what happens or don't happens next to be able to do that to myself. I think most people are horrible pieces of shit who are only out for themselves and if you let them they will screw you over again. I KNOW very well what it is to "have a low opinion of humanity and myself" but there isn't a second of the day where I think "man there is too many people, probably be good if some died".

mir likes this.
  11. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just think how clean the air is with people staying at home lol, elderly, young, immuno compromised people are at the highest risk, the flu kills more people even with effective vaccines because peeps cbf to get vaccinated yearly, will go to work or visit others when they have a cold or flu... corona will be the next addon to this... so when corona becomes the next regular sickness excuse in the future (and present) you will be bitching about more health insurance then it will be the same ole same ole once again...

12. HellspawnLENW

Reading List:
    Link
    I wake up every morning thinking ah fuck I'm bored and just kill time till the next day.

13. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Food suplies are the least of my worries.
    Ive just been brainwashed by the youtube video on the benefits of vasting for days so I wanna try it out..
    As for the virus, we still dont have that many infectant here but theres news here and there about few people that cought it.
    No one really stocking basic necesity here either except for the face masks..

Traveling Chef likes this.
  14. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    well, then it sounds like your opinion of yourself is higher than my opinion of either of us.

15. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    When the majority of people with symptoms are not getting tested, then you CANNOT believe the numbers. The US probably has the least accurate numbers on the planet right now. When testing becomes more widespread we will see a huge jump in numbers. Normally I would say the trick is not to not panic at that point, and understand that the testing itself is going to cause misconceptions of what is going on. However after seeing the self righteous idiots out drinking and partying this week I think a lot of people need a serious wake up call.

lychee, mir, Mochakat9 and 1 other person like this.
  16. RyuOdjin

RyuOdjin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my mother owns a business therefore she could sign up for a membership to restaurant depot despite not running a restaurant she was able to get some chicken

17. xluferx

xluferx [The writer who writes for fun][Meme lord]

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to pay thousands of dollars the test If heard correctly so people don't take the test so you can estimate

18. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    most importantly, check out the WHO world health organization's website for more "accurate" information and maybe check out the Covid-19 subreddit, there was some good info in there.

19. Mochakat9

Mochakat9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem was that they were locked inside with someone who had contracted COVID19 and it spread quickly throughout the family. Transmission of the virus went down once they started testing and separating while everybody else practiced strict social distancing. Vox Is a pretty good website with easy to understand information about COVID19 and how different countries are dealing with it.

20. daeng_yoja

daeng_yoja Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always laugh at hikikomori life style at novel and manga,
    and now, i live like hikikomori. damn karma