Discussion Is the Virus that serious in the U.S?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UnknownSaint171, Mar 18, 2020.

1. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh please don't watch tim pool if you need someone else to watch i can give them to you. But tim pool is a joke.

2. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I've got friends and family in the states. Worried about them since a few of them are in areas which have cases. According to them the panic buying is real where they are and they're worried about supplies if it drags out. Hoping people come through it okay. Donated to a few relief efforts and added money to the family funds since we might end with a few infected of our own before this all blows over.

3. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chill a bit mate. Youre getting too emotionally involved. Whether he thinks more people should die or not, people are still going to die. Most of them wont die from this, but rather from alternative diseases. In fact a large percentage of death from corona is due to co-morbidity issues. Honestly he does have a point if you read anything about carrying capacity and apply it globally. But you are right that every death is a tragedy to their kin. In the end neither of your opinions will do fuck all

4. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's not that the virus is 'that' serious. Statistically speaking, it's a 3-5% fatality rate, means 3-5 person for every 100 would die. And those 3-5 people are usually at the age above 35 or newborn babies (0-1 year)
    It's quite bad, but not as worse as people make it out to be.

Well, the reason why people keep telling to stock up for a month or two is not for isolation. It's actually for a case like that, especially in rural area or small city. People would buy more to stock up as they do not trust the government competence, which lead to depletion and long queue on supermarkets for at least 3 - 4 first months. Afterwards, people would stock up enough and the consumption would go as normal. People are selfish, that's just how the world works. And American is famous for not trusting their own government system, lest you won't buy a gun for yourself and become a legit law xd

The 2nd problem is the delivery delay. If there is an emergency, there would naturally be delay and priorities. They will handle the biggest cities to the smallest city in order. So, the small cities would get supplies much later than the bigger cities. That created the largest time gap for the rural towns for supply delivery.
    Unless you go directly to farms or local supermarket ofc, but hygiene is usually questionable on that part of the market, so do it at your own risk.

5. Mochakat9

Mochakat9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everybody is panic buying where I live, and it started practically overnight. May I suggest that you pick up some essential food and cleaning supplies before the rush sets in. I don’t hoard food or other stuff, but I always keep enough canned goods and basic food for around two weeks because I live in earthquake country. There’s not much of anything left in the stores now since everybody descends on them like hungry locusts and clear the shelves right after they are restocked. Put together an emergency kit while you can. There’s some pretty good suggestion lists online.

mir, Traveling Chef and imK like this.
  6. Pleasantly-plump

Pleasantly-plump Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly it hasn't affected me at all yet except that I can't get chicken at the supermarket. People always hoard when they panic and expect U.S cases to soar

7. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    when I have people IRL telling me this virus is all just some ploy of A. the government or B. the democrats (the fucking ignorance of people)and there are jackasses down in Florida partying even after they have been told to distance themselves, I won't 'chill mate' it's not like I am telling people to just panic and run around like a chicken with their heads cut off, I am asking people to take precautions and to listen to health officials so that we may stem the spread of this, I know people are going to die, I know there isn't anything me or my words can do about it, but instead of people being ignorant about it or just going "fuck it let the old people die" they could just shut the fuck up and wash their hands.

8. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Gathering places like restaurants are being closed now if they haven’t been already, so shopping isn’t a horrible idea if you don’t usually keep enough food in the house.

imK, Femme Fatale and Traveling Chef like this.
  9. Tensoku

Tensoku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG] Saw this on a discord group. Not to be taken literally, of course. Err that didn't go so well.

10. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok keep acting like a bitch and assuming things. You have all the answers especially that part about people wallowing in ignorance about believing rumors and then saying everyone in florida is partying and no one is washing their hands. Yep you cant be wrong and you absolutely must shove your opinion down all differing opinions' throats, narcissist.

11. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that it's causing so much unnecessary panic because this is a "global issue".
    If such a pandemic were to happen on one small country, such issues as food shortages or whatnot wouldn't even be an issue. People wants to exaggerate something to entertain their mundane lives and it just got way out of control with stupid social media circles.
    My country dealt with Dengue plague few years back. And no matter what age or health condition they were in, one out of every neighborhood died to it, death count nearing thousand in a mere year. There's no cure for Dengue yet, and people are still fearful of it when rainy season comes. EVEN SO, people never panicked as much they are doing rn. Honestly there's not even single person that died yet in my country and positive cases are only that of 50 something.
    People really ought to stop exaggerating things. It's not just your family going down with this stupid overreactions, entire economy will. Government can't afford to keep letting peeps get paid holidays just to panic and hoard food. People should do their own part instead of crying here and there, pointing fingers at someone or searching for someone to take the blame. Take care of your own hygiene and please go get fking checked of you caught a sudden cold or something, instead of staying cooped up at home and setting your entire neighborhood on fire. Quarantine isn't life time imprisonment, even if you're a retard you should at least know that.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  12. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    I can be wrong, I often am, tell me, what is wrong with what I said, about distancing yourself and keeping good hygiene? about not being inconsiderate to the human next to you?

where is the proof that no one is partying and that they aren't ignoring the social distancing?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  13. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Yupper, spent most of the day helping gather supplies for family members. Costco had a line outside so the could keep people separated inside the store and the local hardware store shut their doors but you were able to call in your order and they would hand you the good over the gardening center's fence. Normal grocery stores and stores like Walmart are still operating as normal, but any dine in restaurants and hotels are closed. LoL all the fast food restaurants chains were drive thrue only and seemed to be operating at normal capacity.

All in all I think it's just another reoccurring flu like virus that will eventually be the norm. On a side note, remember to always lick your hands, and touch all the things! Build up a healthy immune system and silly little viruses like today's pandemic will be the least of your worries....

UnknownSaint171 and Femme Fatale like this.
  14. Faye

Faye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, some of you probably lack information or whatsoever

1. Panic
    => This mostly refers to those who stock up on things, panic buying
    Facts:
    a. Unless the delivery/factory ppl got infected and close down, you won't lack food
    b. Mask doesn't really help much since the research said that the covid-19 can stays as long as 9 days in inanimate object
    c. You just need to stock up on what's necessary IF Your place got lockdown. [the worst thing that could happen is the whole city lockdown that last as long as Hongkong / 2 months]

2. How the virus spread
    You only get infected if you make contact with it and touch your mouth/eyes/nose and this is the sole reasons why they kept telling people to wash their hands and keep hygiene
    The most cases happening are:
    A person infected with it but his/her immunity is stronger so he/she doesn't show any symptoms <= this person can still be the virus carrier and infect other people with his/her fluids [cough/sneeze]

3. The damage
    The problem with covid-19 is there's still no cure for this which means your lung will be damaged if you got infected with it
    I'm telling you this just so you know that those who are declared cured will have some problem with their lung [worse thing that happen is pneumonia]

So, just keep yourself clean and avoid contact with any fluids
    Always wash your hand before touching your eyes/mouth
    Let them stock up on those toilet papers, you just need to avoid crowd, keep hygiene

Femme Fatale, imK and Traveling Chef like this.
  15. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is true and some people here thought hoarding is ridiculous? In our place there is already food shortage because of the lockdown. It was my biggest mistake not to stock up large quantities of food. We might end up eating rice and salt after 3 weeks. Being ready for the worst is really the best choice.

Femme Fatale, mir and imK like this.
  16. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because i live in florida and i work in the lab testing for corona at various facilities. Furthermore you were implying ignorance in others because they had separate beliefs than you. Some people think people are important others dont. You were using this crisis to play a martyr and state that because others dont have the same value of human life as you, they must not be washing their hands and therefore killing others. Something you never bothered to ask the other guy. There is a big difference between saying/wishing someone should die, and actually killing them, intentionally or unintentionally. Just look at any political party and their opposite. Both wish the other would die, but its very rare either take such an action and any individual that does take a life is usually ostracized harshly.

17. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    I just have to give a word of advice: Instead of pinning blames on everyone (and Trump who's calling it a chinese virus and get Chinese Americans killed for doing nothing), LET'S UNITED UNDER A COMMON CAUSE!!

like wow, when r u guys gonna work together and find a cure or solution cause we need it

18. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is unlike Trump here who's causing a riot and getting innocent chinese americans killed, the evil villian communist party is taking a chill pill and trying their best to keep it to a minimum and talking with their action

19. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    my dad like to say America is in panic bc they're like rich kids who never suffered a day in their life

seeing how the Sovereignty of our country is in a panic, sounds pretty close to the truth

CandleLight likes this.
  20. Gilgamesh223

Gilgamesh223 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might just be irresponsible but I have an attitude of come whatever may. If I catch it, so be it I don't have much to lose anyway considering I'm a attic-dwelling nobody without a job living on social welfare because of various mental and physical things. I believe that the most important thing we can do is to spread out the infection over such a time period that hospitals won't go over capacity. Eventually a vaccine will be made or it will blow over. I do feel bad for all those people that will lose control over their financial situation because governments and banks are rarely merciful when it comes to money.

imK, Femme Fatale and mir like this.