anybody else write out of desperation?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Bigvoii, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Bigvoii

Bigvoii Member

Reading List:
    Link
    to put it simply, i read a lot and i mean a LOT, and I've always felt a special attraction to the isekai genre as i've always loved the thought of being in an entirely new world with new concepts. However I'd say that almost every single one is so generic or so uncreative that i only end up disappointed in the novel. my main gripe is that they lose their originality or focus on the mundane, because I don't read isekai to learn about f**king curry or farming or even taxes, TAXES! because i already got enough of that in my life and i dont need anymore. so out of desperation ive started drafts for my isekai novel which i wont gt into, but the main point is does anybody else have similar gripes with any other genres or started writing for similar reasons? P.S i loathe skill systems(save the good ones ex. the second coming of gluttony) which are uncreative bland and lose any meaning after the numbers become so astronomical your sense of power scalinng is completely gone,

Sircus likes this.
  2. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Apart from hearing “voices in my head” (not quite but I do think that characters talk to the writer in order to write about them) the reason I started writing was because I felt that my imagination was oh-so-much-better than the script of a certain popular tv series based on a certain... never mind. It took me a while to realize that my oh-so-great idea was nowhere near that script, and in fact writing is much harder than what I have thought before, but I’m glad I started writing stories (for myself, for now).

does it matter what reason pulled you into writing? Just make sure you are not plagiarism prone before publishing something.

Vaeleri likes this.
  3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, many are just cashing in on the isekai wave. Personally their skills more lean to writing fanfiction then novels where they can use the existing framework.

5. Dezel

Dezel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Writing the stories you want to read (for example because what's out there isn't satisfying for you) is kind of the whole point of writing.

Vaeleri and GDLiZy like this.
  6. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Writing is a way to express yourself, or in this case, a way to express your desire for a story to unfold. Essentially, everyone is writing to see what would happen to the story.

Vaeleri and Dezel like this.