Discussion Why do writers love sucking their own country's ****

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by aliyothman83, Feb 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bf

bf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So am I. But you should inject more sense into what you are trying to say. And I am not talking about minor grammar mistakes; I teach and so I can tolerate broken English.
    I didn't use the word "proudly" in the recent few comments here. If you read properly you might realise that the statement you are likely to be mistaken from, makes sense.

And right after telling you that pointing at other people's hypocrisy isn't helping your case, well, you are the one trying to say of others that it "feels like explaining logic to a wall."

2. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, but it's always funny to see this lack of self-awareness in action.

bf likes this.
  3. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    It's actually a lot more complicated than that. The US is the primary cause for all of this this.

The early relations of post-imperial Japan and the US were marked by severe leniency on Japan's actions during and before ww2.

This leniency, as unfortunate as it was, was in actuality the US attempt to not impair an important ally in Asia, during the spreading of Communism to East Asia.

An instance of this leniency arises after the Tokyo Trial of Japanese war criminals. The Supreme Commander of The Allied Powers stance on Japan had during the onset of the cold war shifted and they had begun conducting a policy of reconstruction and remilitarization of Japan. The SCAP released nineteen Class-A war criminals and in 1951 permitted suspected war criminals and collaborators to re-enter public offices. The Japanese official sentiment towards the Tokyo Trial was one of vehement incongruity with its sentencing of perceived patriotic soldiers.

From America's apparent lack of interest in the demanding of Japanese accountability and aiding in its reconstruction, Japan was left without experiencing repercussions from its troublesome past, and that was something the conservative elite of Japan was contend with continuing.

Today they embrace their imperial past because of a conservative desire in changing the constitution. They actually view it was illegitimate and dishonor to their past.

This wish in changing the constitution has forced them to address the issues of their past. For without readdressing the past, attempts at legitimizing change in the constitution are near impossible. For the conservatives, legitimizing change in the constitution hinges on a revisionistic triumph.

bf likes this.
  4. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    first u said something about religion and whatnot and my reply is who cares? it's a book and it's not like christians are much respectful. the number of valuble history and ancient culture ruin in their trail is uncountable
    u clearly said something like we proudly showed off nanking (oh and it nanQing) massacre. so what do u mean proudly? i feel insulted

5. bf

bf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your failure to even read is sadly typical.
    Thanks for answering your own questions.

PS: If you were trying to correct me that it is NanQing, well, then you seriously deserve long term quarantining and reeducation, maybe with the Uyghurs. Even if you wanted to use PinYin it is NanJing. The standard term is Nanking massacre because you have to Google search this term, coined before PinYin was invented, to learn the history of it. But of course C people live in 1984 and never have any sensible history. Dam shame that Taiwan, Japan and South Korean emergency supplies sent to help with Covid19 in Wuhan show how much more in touch with proper C culture they are than C itself is.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  6. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    the pinyin mistake is my fault and honestly can we just get back to the topic of u reply to my first comment and said something about religion and how I told you Idc and it's only natural?

7. bf

bf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That level of illiteracy transcends language. I can even reply in Mandarin and I am sure you will continue to fail to understand.
    已然回覆!
    君不識時務,小兒之見,不足與高士共語!請勿覆言!

8. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    again please can we get back to the original topic? i already said the mistake was my fault. clearly already admitting to my mistake and honestly my original intention after discovering this thread is "isn't every country the same when writing their books? a chinese person couldn't possibly write about a japanese saving the world right? or the other way around. i dont understand why u guys are making a big deal.

9. bf

bf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i.e. "I am beyond wrong and cannot accept that I am making more than technical mistakes."
    You are NOT our parent. There is no good reason to "get back to the original topic" whatever you choose. You clearly didn't read anybody else's comments---it would have made you realise that
    is already answered. You just won't read the pages upon pages of answers to this.
    PS: Also, Black Panther. Wakanda Forever.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  10. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    im the type i scroll through a thread that caught my attention I reply to one that caught my interest/attention others? ignore. i never said im ur parent or said anything close. im just defending what i think is right. and if ur gonna say anything about right or wrong my reply will my everybody thinks they're right. if u want to go further with me im warning you, u'll only get more annoyed and angry

11. bf

bf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you are the type to think that no wrong had been done by running away from Wuhan quarantine and happily touring other countries? What an impressive specimen of the chinese virus.

12. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    ohh!! now we're gonna say chinese virus huh?? our test and treatment are free! is it free here?? and chinese virus? trump got informed waaay before anything big happened! and what he do?
    Before: Its ok its ok, no big deal
    after: it's china's fault
    here we are doing more actions and movements and trying to help our country (expect america, let's teach them a lesson) and trumps saying stuff thats getting innocent chinese americans killed
    and ccp's pr department already said: Instead of blaming people, why don't you just shut up and united under a common cause. LET'S WORK TOGETHER. blaming and killing isn't gonna solve the problem

13. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    feels like this thread is going towards dumpster fire territory. locked.

Yamcha, AliceShiki, bf and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.