Spoiler Remarried Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by midnight reader, Jun 9, 2019.

1. capeSpirit

capeSpirit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what chapter did this happen? :aww::blobowoevil_horns: lol

2. mayya

mayya New Member

Reading List:
    Link

since their first night (ch. 117) and so on.. i read from Naver using MTL

capeSpirit likes this.
  3. Akesato

Akesato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They sleep together almost every (?) night. So much that Heinley thinks she only likes his body haha

4. Alessa

Alessa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 145 is out :aww:

The assassin hired by trashta kidnapped and sold Rivetti to a slave trader. Someone bought her with a high price and turn out he was a Royal Knight ordered by sovieshu.

That emperor is finally useful for once.

There's also political things going on but I don't understand anything because the MTL is confusing :blobawkward: maybe someone can explain?

Btw:
    Navier made Heinley an omelette:blobxd: He said it tasted good and he didn't lie about it. He offered her to tasted it too but Navier somehow didn't taste it as good. And she looked sick. At first I thought she overworked again but then I saw the top comments guessed PREGNANCY???:blobscream:

OMG a baby or babies is coming!!!!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  5. djan29

djan29 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love your comment

The novel somehow depicts some of us in a dramatic way. Actually I really love the story and I really hate the trash characters but its all part of a story at the end of the day. So what I'm so excited is the pregnancy and the babies how they would look like

capeSpirit likes this.
  6. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We just need to see how he handles that situation afterwards,
    Realistically, the knight should have killed the merchant, or made sure he was forced to releasing her. They should not be setting a precedent that you can kidnap and enslave the empires nobles with no repercussions, and definitely not that someone can make a profit enabling it.

The merchant should be forced to release her, and PAY her (or her family) heavy compensation for his part in the insult that was dealt to them

7. Akesato

Akesato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Political stuff: Heinley (and Navier with Grand Duke Kapman) was dealing with the other kingdom taking hostage merchants from Rwibit. They said it is because they are afraid that Western Empire will invade them by camouflaging the soldiers as merchants. That kingdom is small and has sea port, so it was used for transportation between Rwibit and Western Empire. Heinley now thinks of having a sea port of their own --> attacking them? McKenna is super worried.

And omg the funky tasting omelette!!! I also thought it was weird and then I saw the comments and almost started dancing lol.

I think Sovieshu will use this as an evidence for divorcing trashta... he seems really fond of collecting evidence this way... He also made trashta's maid tell the journalist whose sister was missing (but actually used by trashta to cover up her lies) the truth and he published something in the newspaper.

Leilacus, otomereader, Alessa and 5 others like this.
  8. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can’t think of any emperor as stupid as Sovieshu. He took a runaway slave as a concubine, despite knowing all her past, still keep her to bore him a child. Like really? Can’t he choose some other lady? Then he’s worried about the child that’s going to be born got branded as a child of a slave. Work so hard to defend the concubine of his, hurting his empress along the way, then afterwards works hard to divorce said concubine. He keeps hurting the empress and expect her to accept to be married again to him after a year, really, stupid is an understatement. He’s very contradictory.

9. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stupidshu is a perfect example of why incest is illegal now. His parents MUST have been cousins

Choedup1, Euxine, Darcy and 3 others like this.
  10. haqpiness

haqpiness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, incest doesn't make the offsprings stupid, there is an increase in several genetic disorders due to inbreeding such as blindness, hearing loss, neonatal diabetes, limb malformations, disorders of sex development, schizophrenia and several others.

Darcy and yueppic like this.
  11. Marinette

Marinette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Completely unrelated to spoiler but I like how we started calling them Trashta and Stupidshu(yeah even I don't remember his full name). (y)
    Such great characters so good at being hated and doing greedy, selfish actions to earn their own honorable title coated with lots of sarcasm and hate from readers.

12. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those aren't their real names?????:whistle:

thenexttyler3, Euxine, carly and 9 others like this.
  13. Sarcena

Sarcena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but see. If they reveal what happened. Her reputation will be ruined. It doesn't that nothing happened.
    People will gossip about how she was in the company of unsavory men and that they probably raped her so she is no longer pure. Or whatever.

syofiaa and haqpiness like this.
  14. Sarcena

Sarcena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok. First of all. I'm not defending him. I just think you're all taking him a little too lightly. Let me tell you why.
    Don't forget he planned all this. Everything. To Navi's fall, Rasta's rise, then Rashta's fall and Navi's rise. I don't think he's stupid. Just narcissistic enough that he forgot this is people and their emotions he is dealing with, and even the best made plans will always have variables and things go wrong.
    well, to start with. He did do something right.
    He didn't choose the wrong girl. If he had chosen a lady, she would have power from her family and fought from the start to become Empress and might have even been competent at it. And even if he did over throw her, he would offend her noble family. Who would back his son who might be persuaded to hold a grudge against his father and stepmother. Rashta has no power and is very dependent upon him. But beautiful enough that people can be persuaded to her side for just long enough for his crazy plan to work to get an heir. And she has plenty of flaws and is gullible enough to be manipulated to make more that he can get rid of her easily. And since she's not a Lady, he won't be offending any of the nobles either. The perfect scapegoat.
    You know those scum bags that hurt you and than emotionally manipulate you into thinking it was your fault. That you deserve it? That's the game he was playing with Navi.
    All the humiliation, undermining of her authority. Everything. Was on purpose:
    1) get a legit reason to divorce her and raise Rashta in comparison to her. 2) weaken her authority as empress. To the point that even after she came back, her reputation would be tarnished and she'd never be quite as powerful as she was before.
    3) punish her for not loving him. Weather he knows it or not. He definitely being petty
    4) emotionally manipulate her and have her indebtedto him. He wanted to show her 'See, without me your nothing.' 'I'm oh so sorry for hurting you. See, I'm so good and kind for apologizing. But you made mistakes too. I'm even better for forgiving you. And what choice do you have otherwise? Now be a good little empress. Thank me for giving you this opportunity and raise my kid.
    5) not have to admit to navi he made her infertile and be indebted to her.

15. ScarletSkies

ScarletSkies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you guys mtl this? Do you do it on browser or on mobile? I tried the naver website but it just makes me download things whenever i click on a chapter.

16. Xinneth

Xinneth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In chap 145 we see naver w/ (morning sickness) maybe... So i wanted to ask to those that already read way more ahead.. at what chapter does naver find out she is pregnant. Then hainly and then soviechu?

17. Alyssastudyabroad

Alyssastudyabroad Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could sb answer me whether Heinley was truly a womanizer (ofc before he met our girl)? I have read some saying Heinley being a playboy is just an assumption and he is actually a powerful mage, yet since those spoilers do not refer to whether he had played with other girls this issue still unsettles me. Can sb pls answer it for me??? Thank u guys a lot

syofiaa likes this.
  18. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it was revealed (if I remember correctly) that he was a virgin when he finally got down to business with the love of his life, which is why she took the lead, so I'd assume that at most he's just very friendly and misunderstood.

Amanda16 likes this.
  19. Ocefossa

Ocefossa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It came up in a conversation between Heinley and McKenna very early. Essentially Heinley manipulated his reputation as a form of protection as well as allowing him to essentially gather intelligence (gossip) freely without the social restrictions of a good reputation and image. This way he could have his thumb on the pulse of the political climate and gauge it to suit his needs.

Duke Ergi does something similar. In fact both he and Heinley probably had a hand in each other's reputations.

Also Heinley is an academic. He is/was the headmaster for Western Empire's magic academy and before that he studied in the Eastern Empire's Academy.

20. Liability

Liability New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm kinda confused as to what you were expecting from a novel that has a monarchy in it. That's how monarchies were in the past and the author just wants to use the system within their novel.

After reading this thread, I find some of your comments a bit problematic. You can't just assume that Rasta is mentally ill. She does the things that she does to survive and is written so that she's constantly worrying about how others are thinking about her. After having been betrayed in her previous relationship and now being put in a position of power, she trying to use any means to keep her past buried. Now with Sovieshu treating her badly, she can only turn to Elgy/Ergie who seems to be manipulating her as well.

You also made a comparison between this novel and a thesis paper. If anything could be written, then there would no reason for people to peer-review each other's work. As long as what is being written is strong enough to provide information within its field, pull information from other sources, and either support or provoke what has been previously written, I don't see a reason as to shame it (all writing is generally reviewed by yourself/others).

I do believe this novel could have been written a bit differently and could have gone further into other relationships that were brushed off (like why Verdi left the Empress as her lady-in-waiting), but this novel solely focuses on the Emperor, the Empress and who they've come to interact with. If you don't like what the author has written so far, then just stop reading it. I just don't think it's fair to say that the writing is poor when there are a lot of stories that are like this. It's really how the characters are written that makes this story so much fun to read (capeSpirit describes this really well).

I also think this novel is more than what you say it is. More importantly, it gives us a glimpse of what a relationship shouldn't be. The Emperor and Empress wouldn't have to go through all of this trouble if they just talked to each other, but considering how they were brought up it may have been difficult for them to talk casually or that they both just understood what their relationship would look like, so as long as they got along there would be no reason to desire a sexual relationship (except the fact that Sovieshu constantly wants a kid, tried it once with Navier, and nothing seemed to happen; boi didn't think to do it multiple times). I feel like if they both were just honest with each other a lot of the misunderstandings wouldn't have happened, but they both are too prideful which was their greatest downfall.

I wrote this only because I thought you should be mindful of what you say. Things like "mental illness" should not be nonchalantly mentioned.