Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Marriage is a serious commitment. Tiamat only likes the babymaking part.

Bla8bla likes this.
  2. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not even know if she would fall into the group of concubines, I would say more that she is a friend with rights to Vandeliu than a partner.

hillo315 likes this.
  3. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Goddess with benefits actually

4. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've posted the translation of chapter 217, hope you're all in good health and that you all are having a wonderful weekend.

5. Chuuni001

Chuuni001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What a god-like speed!

hillo315 likes this.
  6. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:Be Strong boy, Be Strong:blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph:

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  7. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If van get a new job whatcha think is the most interesting job of them all? Also can someone send me the lastest job list?

hillo315 likes this.
  8. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We already knew, but if this novel has taught us anything, it is to deny the obvious until I break your door, kill you or your family, kill the obvious before I kill you or see if the obvious it is good and accept it as something inevitable, unluckily we only have the first and third available, but nothing will take away the good times, except diseases, old age, accidents or some better reading with the same theme.

hillo315 likes this.
  9. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if van could impregnate his ghost bride doing the same thing as he did with goddesses since gods doesn't have physical body like ghost, so doesn't mean it possible to give his seed(at least his body parts) to create a child with them?

hillo315 likes this.
  10. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When Naruto manga entered the fourth great ninja war, the autor also said it was coming to a end, yet it took quite a while to finish. At the pace of 1chapter per 5 days, I think Death mage will last for no less than 1 more year at worst - I hope so :blobsweat_2:

This is the one i got from translated 217 chapter up to dream guider + up to last one 51° job change's RAW [free translation]:

Job history: Death-Attribute Mage, Golem Transmuter, Undead Tamer, Soul Breaker, Venom Fist User, Insect User, Tree Caster, Demon Guider, Archenemy, Zombie Maker, Golem Creator, Corpse Demon Commander, Demon King User, Dark Guider, Labyrinth Creator, Creation Guider, Dark Healer, Disease Demon, Magic Cannoneer, Spirit Warrior, Bestower, Dream Guider, Demon King, Demiurges, Whip Tongue Calamity, Divine Enemy, Dead Spirit Mage, String User, Great Demon King, Vengefull Berserker, Destruction Guider, Dark King Mage, Pail Rider, Chaos Guider, Divine Guider, God Destroyer, Hollow King Mage, God/Divine Spirit Mage, Dungeon Master, Qliphoth, Demon Ruler, Spirit Therapist, Magic Wand Creator, Artisan: Transformation Equipment, Underworld God Mage, Dark Demon King, Manmaden ("Ten Thousand's Demons Castle"?), Soul Fighter, Vandalieu, True Demon King, Yin Guider.

I don't think so. It is something to do with they Divine Authority. Ghosts Rank 13+ may be similar to gods for beings Spiritual Beings, but are essencially distincts, it is kinda like hope them to be able to give Divine Protection like Van does.

Also, Van wants them to be able to have children and is researching Spirit Silver&Life Gold for it, but enjoying the same method the living ones do is a must :blobsmirk: :blob_coffee: :blobpeek:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    hidefreek, Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  11. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean like the jobs that is available for him to choose?

hillo315 and Nimitz like this.
  12. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    cameron2579, sirin423 and hillo315 like this.
  13. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead of being strong, I would rather ask how. Unless authors short time = the same as Naruto war arc (as some people joke) was compared to the rest of the story or author makes an open ending, I don't see how he could make it short. Just look at it this way, there are at least 3 big morons that Van still needs to deal with. How many chapters it took to deal with Gud? Let's say 10 for the entire arc. That would make 30 chapter for total. The are also such points as completing Van's harem, his country's and Vida's races situation etc.

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  14. cameron2579

cameron2579 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i too hope that its wrapped up nice and it isnt rushed i dont mind if it takes another 3 years to finish

Bla8bla, hillo315 and RichardNova like this.
  15. Juroko

Juroko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say those 10 chapters was both Gud and Avalon though, with some Edgar thrown in. I can see Alda being a long fight, but Heinz is trickier with the realm of curb stomp to 5 chapters. He's not like Avalon or Gud with their gate shenanigans, and at this point anything less than a proper god is going to have issues with Van. Rod is honestly not going to be a issue in a fight. He is a idiot who does not know how to fight and is currently suffering from a brand new fear of needles. I think the real meat is going to be the scope and how the war happens. A culture war would hurt Alda the most since he's been shit for a long time on that front and shit like good food and sky screen concerts blaring Van-pop would catch attention.

16. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    《Selectable Jobs [Fallen Warrior] [Insectnin] [Eclipse Cursecaster] [Creator] [Tartaros] [Wild Spirit] [Dark Battery Cannoneer] [Dark Beast User] [Valore] [Valor] [Apollion] [Demo Gorgon] [Soul Eater] [God Eater] [Nergal] [Rakshasa King??] [Shytern??] [Puiy??] [Ouroboros] [Rudra] [Pediatrics??] [Magic Man??] [Yin Guider] [Jaguernaut] [Mad Muscle User?] [Apopis] [Azatoth] [Taotie??] [Change Guider?] [Guidance Master?] [Ghost??] [Hollow God Mage] [Divine Spiritualist?] [True Demon King] (NEW!) [Vandalieu] (NEW!) >>

Those with one "?" Is my free translation. "??" are those I don't know (didn't bother to try to translate). By the way, here is the raw text:
    《選択可能ジョブ 【堕武者】 【蟲忍】 【蝕呪士】 【創造主】 【タルタロス】 【荒御魂】 【冥群砲士】 【冥獣使い】 【虚影士】 【バロール】 【アポリオン】 【デモゴルゴン】 【魂喰士】 【神喰者】 【ネルガル】 【羅刹王】 【シャイターン】 【蚩尤】 【ウロボロス】 【ルドラ】 【血統者】 【魔電士】 【陰導士】 【ジャガーノート】 【狂筋術士】 【アポピス】 【アザトース】 【饕餮】 【導主】 【転導士】 【霊導士】 【虚界神魔術師】 【神霊理士】 【真魔王】(NEW!) 【ヴァンダルー】(NEW!)》

I really hope to see Van acquiring job changes quickly and trying out the myth like ones without them turning out to be failures like Zombie Maker.

Wanna see the chaos in Farzon when the alliance with 11 duches gets truly solidified with over 90% of population guided and Van opens his mouth about the majin&mermaids incidents and Farzon family relation with them and quickly deal with all the troublesome outcome and unify the Orbaum Kingdom into his Alliance vs Amid Empire [Alda].

Poor Mirg Shield Nation... It is either going to get dominated by Van+Orbaum (on the surface) conducting shows to guide people and several reforms atractives for poor&middle classes or get wrecked as the first battlefield against Alda's Hero Army.

Reman Scimitar, Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  17. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the list of available jobs shortly before Van's latest job changes. Several of these are no longer on the list.

Zombie Maker was disappointing, but it wasn't really a failure. Sure, Van had some trouble handling the power it gave him at first, but the same is true of all jobs. It's an annoying waste of time for an overpowered necromancer who never needed the job in the first place, but the job itself is not inherently bad or useless. Besides, I don't think the status gods would ever make a truly useless job.

As for the myth jobs, it goes without saying that they're practically guaranteed to give Van lots of power. Even if it comes in the form of bonuses Van doesn't need or want, he'll still find a way to make that power work for him. The only problem is that we can only guess what those jobs actually do, and Van doesn't know much more about it than we do, so picking a myth job is like sticking a hand into a box of chocolates.

Bla8bla and Nimitz like this.
  18. Shadowsiver88

Shadowsiver88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey shouldn't we change the name of the demon king fragment to the former demon king fragments? You know now that van is the true demon king and no one can be the DK without his defeat or consent right?

19. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they are fragments of van and therefore fragments of the demon king. Gud was the first demon king and the fragments are from the time he was the demon king therefore his fragmants are fragments of the demon king too.
    I don't think there was anything else that was called fragment of the demon king but yes, anything else can't be called fragments of the demon king.

20. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    A Taotie is a divine creature in Chinese myth that is famous for devouring everything. That’s all I can help with for figuring out the jobs. It’s definitely corresponding with his devour skills

RichardNova, Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.