Recommendations Re-Readability

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by sonyb82, Mar 23, 2020.

1. sonyb82

sonyb82 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello all ~

I’m looking for novel recommendations for stories that you find that you can re-read and still enjoy and discover new things you didn’t get through the first read. I’m not picky in terms of genre - wuxia, romance, xianxia, BL - I’ll read anything that is well-written, translated, developed.

Anything to help pass the Covid-19 unemployment days...

Thanks in advance!

2. YoriMei

YoriMei (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Trash of the Count’s family
    I’ve reread it three times already...

3. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  4. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    The Legendery Moonlight Sculptor since it's my first novel and I even made a pdf of it. I read it when I travel with not net, on waiting line. I read it multiple times more than other novels. Though right now it's in the waiting list...
    Doomed Canon Fodder was fun for me so I like rereading it.
    Hail the King earlier arcs since they are good with western feeling then it turn wuxia that I ignore the next arcs.
    I planning to reread The Second Coming of Glutonny but it's quite dark so might make me depress.
    I want reread fluff for now but they updates so slow Orz

5. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    Obligatory Lord of the Mysteries recommendation as the author like to foreshadow and hint some clue so rereading it is worthwhile...

moneng85 likes this.
  7. sonyb82

sonyb82 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the recs! I’ll check them out.

Secondary question: I noticed a lot of these novels are not complete, either original or translated versions. Do you find re-reading incomplete novels just as satisfying as re-reading completed ones or even more so?

8. ThunderingSnow

ThunderingSnow Sipping up a cup of chaotic good...and boba

Reading List:
    Link
    Amnesiac Queen and other Truly Precious Shared Universe novels (romance; most are completely translated)

9. SinCity

SinCity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    The Legendary Mechanic
    A Will Eternal

Araenn and moneng85 like this.
  11. SilverCrow63

SilverCrow63 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read many MANY genres so forgive me if I jump around.
    * = Completed

*The Great Storyteller - I can't forget the unique tone of the story. I haven't seen any other like it.
    She raised her hand and replied, "A pure, unadulterated heart."

Without hesitation, Mr. Moon made a 'X' with his hands.

"All of our hearts have already been attacked by microscopic dust. Next," he said it refreshingly. It would have felt like fresh air to people who had been breathing polluted air.
    "How about basic endurance? The P.E teacher always says that we need to work on our endurance."

"I don't expect endurance from kids who get less activity time than prisoners. Next."

"Wow! Really?! Do we get less sunlight than prisoners do?"

"That was a bit harsh," Seo Kwang murmured. He was a growing teenager who would soon be taking on the burdens of the future of the country. The prisoners were burdened by their crimes, but it was hard to tell who was actually being punished at that point.
    *Legend of Sun Knight - I reread it every so often for the funny parts. Yu Wo has a special brand of humor.
    Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich - I love how it smoothly ties together heart wrenching moments with scenes that make you laugh hysterically. It has its moments I return for, like that bit on the various methods of contract fraud or this.
    “Never proactively invade a Mage Tower with an owner and even more so, don’t underestimate the moral boundary of a Mage. Unless you hope to end up like me, I X, 12 consecutive traps, aren’t you afraid of triggering it yourself? Indeed, all Mages are madman — Great Adventurer Kuse.”

From a certain sense, this saying has become an iron law among adventurers, especially when this adventurer is well-known in the circle for being carefree and his skill in escaping. In an exploration of a flying castle in an alternate dimension, he was dissected into 13 pieces by a great Warlock’s consecutive traps. The saying that he used his life to emphasize made the saying additionally convincing.

For a species like Mages, they often view the pursuit of truth and knowledge as the goal of their life and their living quarters and their Mage Tower are their research center and their treasure trove.

Therefore, when the fruits of their research and their lives are being threatened, their moral bottom limit and chastity is exceptionally low. Their living quarters and research labs are filled with all kinds of traps and mechanisms, magic traps that even master thieves can’t do anything about. For example, opening a door may very possibly result in you being transported into another world.
    *Quickly wear the Face Of the Devil - one of the first BL I read, I go back to it for it's beautiful descriptions of certain arcs (Painter, Piantists, Model)
    Running Away From The Hero - I have read the original and the remake, it's hilarious both times. It's a parody but has a cohesive plot of its own. Truly a teacher that forces his students past their lowest limits. :blobpopcorn:
    -Owner, the parents’ eyes are sparkling, but the kids eyes are dying. Isn’t that just an adverse effect?
    -Kids go to whatever school their parents tell them to anyway.

While the students are undoubtedly thinking “we’re dead if we go there” and “I’m never going to that school,” the parents are getting more and more fired up.

Fufu, even when picking the Minister of Education, the students have no right, only people with civil identification have the right to vote!

Education was always a territory to appeal to the parents!

The students just need to be forcibly awakened to such splendid education!
    *ISSTH - It's long. So very long. I would never rec reading it all again but there are moments I come back to. One of the most lauded Xianxia ever translated.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain Eternal Life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
    Mistaken Marriage Match: Generation of Military Counselor - I consider her the coolest sister in the series. I always come back to this because of her bond with the troops as their instructor.
    *To Be A Virtuous Wife - no matter how many historical plotting I've read this one is the best; when I was in high school I screenshotted quotes in the story because it's so insightful. The MC has a disposition of a empress and I admire her understanding of humans.
    *Sansheng, Wangchuan Wu Shang - It's rather short and bittersweet with a happy ending. Following the three lives of a spirit from the Underworld and a celestial God.
    *The Destruction of a Triad Boss Trilogy - Short but very sweet. Following their lives from childhood to adulthood. The characters are surprisingly multidimensional.
    It is said that “you can see who a person will become when they are three years old.” This saying is not a mistake. The first two years of my life, I was no different from the average kid; I cried; I was noisy; and I wet my bed. My idiosyncrasy started to appear the year I was three.

The year I was three, I was enchanted by guns. This isn’t strange; any boy will like guns. It’s an innate nature. What went wrong was those words my mom said one day when I was rolling around on the floor demanding to be bought that toy machine gun. After coercion and threats had all failed, she said, “A good person only has one gun. Only bad people have many guns. Hao Ran, you already have a gun at home, if we buy another one, you’ll become a bad person.”

I thought back to all the tv that I had watched; it seemed like that really was the case. But my thirst for guns exceeded the demands I had for my self quality, so I replied, “I want to become a bad person.”

Then, I received that gun and the direction of my life was determined — I will be a bad person.
    Superstars of Tomorrow - It has a very interesting setting. A semi-futuristic world rebuilt by the survivors of the zombie apocalypse. Our MC, one of the founders who died before the Apocalypse ended, is reborn in this new era, choosing to pursue his dreams of music. This is one excerpt of a very minor character I saved.
    "Qi Guan, that... that person was very special. He wasn't suited to be born in peaceful times. The Period of Destruction was considered hell for others, but he was a natural there. His ideology was more primitive, and he liked to used knives but not guns. His senses were also not ordinary. In his own words, the strong did not need help, and he only helped the weak. Therefore, he could stand aside and watch coldly as many capable and strong people died, yet he could also sacrifice himself for the sake of two weak researchers--his body was never found."

Fang Zhao remembered this person, Qi Guan. He had once requested Qi Guan join his own squad, but he'd been reiected.

"We are not the same kind of people."

This had been Qi Guan's reply before he had picked up his long and slender knife and left without turning to look back once.

He was just like those wandering swordsmen of old. Everything he did was based on his own guts. Even if other people had differing views, he would simply not give a damn. He seemingly appeared not to care about other stuff, yet he had his own principles and was obstinate. In a sense, he wasn't one of the good guys, but he wasn't an entirely heinous person either.

After Fang Zhao's rebirth, he had looked through some resources left behind from the Founding Era. Every person that had been shifted into the Cemetery of Martyrs had had to go through many rounds of audits.

Some people were not fond of Qi Guan's style of handling things, and during the Founding Era, when graves had been shifted, there had been some people who opposed it. Ultimately, however, his body had still been moved to the Cemetery of Martyrs.

In later generations, his deeds were considered very great, because some of the people he had saved had ended up as doctors that researched manv antiviral vaccines and were among the first batch of senior members that founded the Academy of Science Headquarters.

Back then, Qi Guan would never have thought that he would save such great scientists.

In Qi Guan's grave at the Cemetery of Martyrs, there were no skeletal remains, just a battle-worn knife. When his grave had been built, it had been that doctor who had personally placed that knife in Qi Guan's grave. Today, the knife in the museum was just a replica.

As he spoke, Fang Zhao walked over to where a music keyboard was placed. This was where he normally went to when he wanted to compose. Qi Guan was someone Fang Zhao had not seen in a long time, and when he was brought up, Fang Zhao subconsciously placed his hands on the keyboard.

A key was pressed, and the sound of a string instrument pinged out.

"Regarding the person named Qi Guan, in life, he was like the wind. In death, he drifted away in the wind It wasn't that different."

Si Lu had no idea whether it was the impact of Fang Zhao's words or the magic from the musical notes, but he found himself being thoroughly immersed in his thoughts.

To heed not the outcome, to spare no effort.

A moment, a day, a month, a season, a year, a cycle, a lifetime.

Directly delving into his conscience.

Perhaps this was his life's principles.

When Si Lu had obtained the script and when he had researched his character, what he had loner in the wilderness who had no companions, but maybe that wasn't the case.

Si Lu had thought that when Qi Guan had been facing death's door, he might have been like other people and have had more sentiments, However, that might not have been the case.

It was as if Si Lu could peek into his own mind and see those gloomy and depressing sentiments.

When the sun was hidden behind the earth, there would only be chills when the wind blew.

He apparently saw the solitary figure in the wilderness, but at the end of the journey, his heart wasn't as fretful as it had been in the beginning.

When contemplating, he was seemingly unresigned and somewhat desolate.

But after that, those emotions were gone.

It was as if he could hear the songs in the night breeze, as if he could see a star falling into a lake and glowing as brightly as before.

The surrounding world was as quiet as the deep sea.

Shutting his eyes, opening his eyes, faintly smiling.

No more being unresigned, no longer desolate.

In life, he was the wind.

In death, he drifted in the wind.

A wanderer wasn't bound by the borders!

There's probably more but I only remember these for now.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Fooljastic likes this.
  12. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  13. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I re read novels randomly based on my mood. I just go to my fav list and scroll to find one that i like or search for others that pop up in my mind. I rarely re read a whole series but just skim through a few chapters at random. Id f I want to read some xianxia, I read the ones that MostyCloud had translated at the beginning but later dropped.
    But my most frequent re reads in no particular order are as follows:

1. To Be A Virtuous Wife
    2. eight treasure trosseau
    3. Unruly Phoenix Xiaoyao ( super hilarious)
    4. Rebirth of Han Yuxi ( step by step growth in skills as well as character development. Doesnt grow smst and scheming overnight)
    5. A Mistaken Marriage Match: A Generation of Military Counselor ( A good lught novel with no heavy emotions but a good build up) also the other two series are good but i like this best followed by the foresic doctor's one
    6. Doomed to be Cannon Fodder ( love to re read certain scenes)
    7. One life, one incarnation- beautiful bones (love the average looking yet OP ML)