Bugs bunny being a rapist is now canon

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Catfish, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Catfish

Catfish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Warner bros copyrighted a youtube video titled "Wabbit Season" which features bugs being a rapist. Now, since the video became official property of the warner bros, it stands that bugs is a rapist. What's even more funny is that the youtuber made a video animation directly calling them out on it. And I can't stop laughing.

Here's the link to his response video.

The reuploaded version of wabbit season (the original was deleted)

2. Hakumachan

Hakumachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the fuck of a rabbit hole did I just see?

4. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not how copyright works. If you make a novel about Star Wars Disney doesn't get ownership of it.

5. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
    They claimed it so it won't damage their brand.

imK and XenoRaku like this.
  6. campfire

campfire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He looks like a bunny turned into an orc.

7. Vanidor

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, maybe the video creator does understand Copyright and is just trolling/lying to his audience, but my suggestion to any of you ever thinking of creating novels, videos or other media is to get one of the Handbooks explaining Copyright. It will save you a lot of pain and money potentially.

8. Serapheid

Serapheid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s Meat Canyon, they’re known for their disturbing parodies and dark comedy. I doubt they’re lying since this is the 1st time this happened with one of their videos and they’ve been around for a while.

Funny how WB did this to their Wabbit Season parody yet Disney did nothing to Pinocchio or their Star Wars ones considering what the Mouse is known for. This proves that they might be on to something with Bugs in this situation.

9. Vanidor

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying the creator is lying by saying he got a copyright notice, I'm saying he's trolling/lying about what a copyright notice means.

Edit: The video starts with the text "Warner Brothers Entertainment has legally claimed my parody video "Wabbit Season" as their own property", but that's impossible. What they can do is claim use of elements of their own property. And ignoring the fact that the creator likely could fight it in court and maybe win, even if Warner Brothers did win, or the creator caved, Warner Brothers couldn't say release a DVD of this and make money. They don't own it, they own elements in it. They legally have no right to the whole of "Wabbit Season", just parts of it.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  10. Nmaan

Nmaan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That isn't how canon works, Marvel has What If series they aren't canon but they're Marvel's property. WB may have claimed this but that doesn't mean it's canon. Ridiculous clickbait

AncientFang and Vanidor like this.
  11. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, nah.

Miss me on this. People have weird fetishes of ruining the innocent memories of children or innocent memories when they were children. I'm going to keep that image of a mischievous bunny doing some pranks all over the place, don't need that creepy shit.

12. Catfish

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but what if stories are still part of the marvel universe(albiet a different timeline) and they are acknowledge as so. Just like how the movie spiderman into the spider verse deals with different versions of spiderman and part of the spider universe as a whole. The warner bros claim on the video is them acknowledging that a different version of bugs that is part of the universe they have created is a rapist and that's what makes it so damn funny.

13. Vanidor

Reading List:
    Link
    No, that's not what a copyright claim is at all. Nothing about a copyright claim means that they are acknowledging the different version of him is part of their universe. A copyright claim like this means you took elements of their universe, and put it in this video creator's universe. That's why they don't own the video, because it was in the creator's universe, they only own elements of it.

If what you were saying was true then WB could sell this video, make merchandise, print fucking beer coasters of it in China and rake in the money from weirdo's, but they can't. Because they don't own it.

14. Nmaan

Nmaan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not what canon is. Canon is the established story, everything else is literally non-canon. Into the spiderverse's other versions of spiderman were non canon.
    This is neither canon nor funny. The thread is a joke though.

AncientFang likes this.
  15. Vanidor

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I found the original video mildly amusing.

I just dislike the video creator's copyright nonsense. If the creator is willing to spend 100k-300k on lawyers he has at least a reasonable chance of beating it in court too and having it declared a parody. He can hire Leonard French.

imK and Catfish like this.
  16. Serapheid

Serapheid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they’re talking more about the “canon” than the copyright issue.

17. Catfish

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I'm saying they exist in the same multiverse. The spiderverse as you have said is not canon to the original spiderman, as in the events that happen in the spiderverse did not happen in the original. All I'm saying is that wabbit season has been officially added to the WB multiverse. And you're right I may have use the term "canon" lossely and I apologize if it sounded clickbaity. Also as what @Vanidor said, it may not even be part of the wb multiverse. But, that's what I thought at the start of creating this thread so, sorry.

imK and Vanidor like this.
  18. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That skunk Pepe was more of a sexual assaulter/rapist/harasser than Bugs. Change my mind.

Catfish, imK and Vanidor like this.
  19. Vanidor

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of get how people might separate canon from copyright, since they are very different things, but I'm fairly sure the copyright claim wouldn't affect canon the way it is implied.

Yeah, my belief would be that the copyright claim simplifies to "we own these toys, you took our toys and used them without permission in your sandbox, stop ya bastards, stop!". And that it wouldn't add them to Canon. The punishment is usually, 1) stop spreading it, 2) give up any money you made from using our toys * three(statutory damages), 3) pay our lawyer fees for making us all have to deal with this.

A good example btw would be 50 Shades of Gray, it was a Twilight fan fic that removed all the Twilight references(the toys), but kept the basic universe and was pretty much immune if Twilight's owners had gone after it.

AliceShiki and imK like this.
  20. Vanidor

Reading List:
    Link
    Pepe would be in jail for sexual assault almost anywhere in the western world now. I think a parody would almost have to start with the trial, sentencing and then some inmate chasing Pepe around like Pepe chased women. Maybe a Brock Turner reference thrown in.

Catfish and imK like this.