Spoiler Reiko’s Manners – She’s Referred To As A Villainess, But Actually She’s Just Penniless

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lilylam, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Lilylam

Lilylam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel link:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series...-villainess-but-actually-shes-just-penniless/
    Manga link:
    https://mangadex.org/title/45491/re...rich-villainess-she-s-actually-just-penniless

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has read ahead or finished this novel? I'm really curious how the plot plays out and what is in store for Reiko.

This story actually kind of reminds me of 'Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu'.
    The female leads have similar names (Reika vs Reiko) and have similar settings...
    Though unlike Kenkyo Kenjitsu, which has been on a hiatus for a while now, this novel ends with 138 chapters.

Bastian, layyu, Ceilo27 and 3 others like this.
  2. MayO

MayO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry if my english is not perfect.

she was taken by her grandma Mary. Fuki is Mary's maid and the both of them took charge on taking care of Mary who has dementia.
    Mary is a famous pianist back in the day and have been training Reiko when Fuki is away from the house. Reiko learned a lot of things from Mary, mostly aristocratic things since Mary is an aristocrat? not sure on this one. Like Mary, Reiko is a genius in playing piano, this was proven by Sara and Sou's grandmother who is an avid fan of Mary, her etiquette is also on point which surprises the Hongou family. ( grandma hongou is saying that Reiko's mannerisms are better than Sara, she was so ladylike.) Reiko have a poor life, apparently the three of them live only on Fuki and Mary's pension, it was even stated in the novel that all of Fuki's saved money were used for Mary's hospital bill and funeral. After Mary's death, Fuki was taken by her son, so Reiko had to live alone on that poor house.

she is a very proud woman. Reiko hated the way Mary trained her, she is strict when training her granddaughter and even hits her and Fuki? (its like motherly love for me hahah. she's not bad i promise, just a sad old grandma) anyways, mary only speaks english and french. so every conversation between the three is english. When she got dementia, the words she mostly use are french and german (husband is half german i think?). sometime she even call Fuki "dirty" or "prostitute" when having an attack. Since Fuki doesn't know french the only one who felt bad for her was Reiko. She picked up Fuki on the streets to be her maid. She made Fuki go into school and work at the same time. Mary's husband was a soldier that was sent to war but had never come back... i guess he is dead. She got on an accident that destroyed her ability to play the piano, her mood got worse because of that. In the novel most story about her is from the people who watched her play the piano.

She was the one who took care the most of Reiko. She taught Reiko how to cook and other chores. She lived in times of war, she was an orphan that was ready to sell her body in the streets for money but on that fated day, a car stopped in front of her.A beautiful woman looked at her and said that she would take her as a maid cause she's pretty to look at. LOL Mary. She is a diligent worker, when she married she left Mary's side but upon divorce she returned to Mary. For Reiko, she was her mother. Fuki is an avid fan of Mary, she sees her as a goddess that why when Mary had an accident, she never played in public or in front of Fuki again. Afraid of disappointing her fans. Mary only taught Reiko piano when she is away at home.

I haven't finished the novel yet but I can tell that its funny at most parts but can be serious sometimes too.

the story revolves on Reiko as she was accused of being a wealthy Villainess by Yuria Sakurada, this girl says that she had transmigrated and the world they're in to is inside a game, otome game. The crazy Yuria is set on stopping Reiko's evil plans inside the school. a sidekick to the heroine name Miu Kumagai. these 2 are both stupid and hypocrites for me.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Tiis_Ganda, Ainespi, geckin and 27 others like this.
  3. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay, an actual spoiler thread directly from the NU translated page. Any spoilers on who Reiko ends up with since NU mentions the story is completed at 100+ chapters?

Edit: @MayO I can understand Yuria's stupidity (I mean, she just recently isekai'd even if its just a month/most likely in her head, her level of adaptabilty is terrible. She has the money to have someone find out more of Reiko's situation. I'm a bit surprised, you find the "heroine" stupid. Though I admit its not far off judging from what was shown in the manga (a bit airheaded) but how stupid are we talking about here?

Lastly, any add-ons on the capture targets and how they fell for Reiko?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Dofu, geckin, Ceilo27 and 6 others like this.
  4. MayO

MayO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the reason why I hate the both of them.

this girl is beyond delusional. there are six capture targets on this story and one of them is her childhood friend. Apparently, she tried to get close to the heroine to sabotage their "encounter scenes" she wanted to get the reverse harem ending. When confronted by Reiko, she said that isn't that the game's purpose? and reiko who was shocked told her that they're real people and if she fails on getting the reverse harem, she would get the bad ending where she would end up far away where her body would be mutilated( its a made up story by Reiko, she got it from reading isekai novels on her phone.). She was like "What?! Oh well, i still have katsuragi (the childhood friend) after all."

at the beginning you will see her a cheerful and average person. Her mother remarried a rich guy that leads her the chance to enroll at the academy. She says that she had lived a poor life before and would to make friends with everyone. Her attitude turns for the worst when Yuria comes close to her. She deluded herself that she should be better than Reiko at anything. One time there, Reiko asked the teacher if she can excuse herself on PE because she has a piano recital (work) later. She responded like "why are you an exception? i also need to learn piano after this class yet look at me still doing what everyone does. You really are like ur grandma, always looking down on people like us!" Reiko was like huh??? the fudge this girl talking about? oh btw. this heroine has a relationship with Fuki's grandson. She incited the young man that Reiko and her grandma worked Fuki as a slave which made it harder for Reiko to look for Fuki. One time when Fuki was hospitalized, the boy pushed Reiko so hard she dropped on the floor, it was raining hard that time and many students saw what he did to Reiko. Miu and the boy said that she was the evil who brought disaster to poor people like Fuki. like wtf, Reiko was begging for him to let her see Fuki but he was getting angrier and angrier until the student council president and the childhood friend of Yuria had to stop them. Reiko had a pneumonia for 5 days after this.

Dofu, Tiis_Ganda, Ainespi and 34 others like this.
  5. Shoshorang

Shoshorang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lilylam likes this.
  6. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, did Fuki say anything to him for causing Reiko to get sick? Like I want to see payback.

7. Lilylam

Lilylam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Fuki and Reiko eventually reunite? What happens to the grandson after? Does he realize that MC is not as evil as Miu makes her out to be?

When do the hypocrites finally realize they got everything wrong… Reiko is not a villainous nor is she a rich lady.

Also, thanks for the spoilers. I've been dying to know more about the plot

Mikaa and Ceilo27 like this.
  8. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    @MayO Thanks for the new spoilers! I don't understand the relationship part, like from what we've seen in the manga and the latest available translation, Yuria is pushing for heroine with either diligent 1st year route or RH end? I mean, I can understand it if NONE of the guys end up falling for her because Yuria's stupidity infected her.

While I do hope for Reiko to do some revenge subplot, do we know what the other characters reaction to Reiko getting sick and getting pushed/bad rumors aimed towards her? Do we have a home visit chapter from the twins, Katsuragi, sensei, and Prez?

Oh and how did Reiko get her smartphone? I'm still curious on who the ML is but I remember you haven't finished reading it yet. Thanks again for the spoilers!

Tiis_Ganda, layyu, Mikaa and 4 others like this.
  9. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    I skimmed a bit ahead and... it seem's Fuki is kinda sick in the head. She adds lies onto what her grandson was already told to make the story about her being abused seem more believable. It wasn't until MC suffered from a natural disaster (which led to one of her arms and legs getting broken) that the truth started to come out. The grandson felt disgusted with Fuki because he realized she actually been abusing Reiko since young (Reiko refuses to believe she was abused). Not long after, we get to find out her sick obsession with Reiko's grandmother, Mary. It was so unhealthy to the point where she schemed and did so many things that affected so many peoples lives in order to have Mary for herself because she thought she was "protecting" her. Heck, she even admitted to Reiko that she tried to love her but couldn't because Mary spent so much time on Reiko which in turn made her dislike Reiko. The main reason why she was so obsessed with Mari was because Mary was the only person in her life whom never saw her as a sexual object, as well as being awed by Mary's piano abilities. Eventually when Reiko finally spoke to Fuki after the disaster, the first thing Fuki asked her was if she was still able to play the piano because she didn't want Mary in heaven to be upset.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Dofu, Tiis_Ganda, Ainespi and 34 others like this.
  10. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    @vsukio wow, no wonder fuki was able to hold out with Mary's lashing. Poor Reiko though, the person she thought that was closest to being a mother figure ended up being an obsessed kind of character. I'm kinda disappointed with Fuki, by her logic, Reiko shouldalso get some form of respect for treating her better!

Dofu, Manhwalover356, Mikaa and 4 others like this.
  11. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Eventually, Reiko does get someone whom really cares for her-- her new stepmother whom is her father's "true love". In order to get revenge on him (since he left her behind after her mother died from childbirth and caused Mary harm by making her go bankrupt), Reiko got them to get married and once married, she decided to take all her stepmother's love and time away from her dad. Sometimes when they go shopping, when Reiko spends her dad's money, she internally goes "revenge!" which gets me crackling. The stepmother felt guilty towards Reiko because of everything she experienced (she was Reiko's landlord and was the one taking care of her when she was suffering from pneumonia). After the disaster (landslide) happened, she was constantly sobbing and wanting to know more about what happen to Reiko (the stepmother lost a leg after the accident).

I felt bad for the stepmother. Because of Fuki's, she ended up aborting her child (because Fuki was being discriminatory towards her claiming how her baby might be affected due to radiation poisoning cause of the war). After the abortion, she was unable to have children ever again. Fuki later schemed to have the stepmother leave Reiko's dad which lead to Reiko's dad thinking that it his mother Mary who schemed for all of this to happen, thus causing him to take revenge against Mary (whom knew absolutely nothing about what was going on). After Mary was left with nothing, Fuki was very contempt with how things were because now, Mary was her's alone (until her dad left Reiko at Mary's doorstep).

12. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    @vsukio Goodness! So the big bad in the end was Fuki, surprisingly unexpected coming from the earliest chapters of the manga. But its nice they explained that while Mary was trying to strictly teach Reiko the ways of a lady, it was always a question on why no one took her back if her family really did get their power/authority back. As for the stepmom, did she and Reiko's father meet recently, since she IS Reiko's landlord? Btw, do u know who is the ML? Or how any of the capture targets fell for Reiko?

layyu, chuvalulu, Mikaa and 7 others like this.
  13. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Well for her dad's side, her grandfather was MIA and assumed to be dead, while Mary had also became deceased. She lost everything by easily signing paperwork she didn't properly read that was planted by her (Reiko's) dad's people (Mary did investments). On her mother's side, her mother was actually disowned(?) by her family according to Reiko's uncle (her mom's brother). He said at the time, he was too young and had little power to do anything to prevent it. I was skimming through the MTL so I wasn't sure if they met recently or not, but I know that when she left Reiko's dad, he wasn't able to find her for 3 years. After he did find, he found her living happily after being married to a widower that had a son. Later when they met each other again, the son had moved away with his wife while the widower had already died. Sorry that's all I know.

So far I haven't seen any signs of a ML. Reiko told her friends about her preference how she wanted a pure man so some of the capture targets became nervous because they had prior female experience and now regretted it. She later develops a crush on a former soldier whom loved her mother, but sadly for her, it was over before it started. She knew how strong his feelings towards her mother was, and even after confessing, he told her now because she was surrounded by friends and family, he was no longer needed. When her friends found out her crush was a divorced man whom wasn't "pure", the capture targets who was nervous before became more determined. We get to see 3 of their POV's of how they wanted Reiko for themselves and... how much they really liked her big breasts. One musician she met wanted to marry her because he wanted her to play the piano for him even though he already has a fiance...

Also I should note, I've only skimmed through half of the chapters that was already out, meaning there's still a lot of events that will still happen. As of where I'm at now, Reiko just met her uncle's daughter whom made Reiko constantly think of her mother (the girl gives off the same energy and kinda looks like her mom, hence how she found out they were related). Also, Reiko feels like she is most likely the heroine of the game. Before all of this happened, her and the other reincarnaters dreamed of the otome settings and events that was suppose to happen in the game.

14. TsukiSetsu

TsukiSetsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ML? And any spoiler between the MC and ML? How they met and how they fell in love? Thanks for whoever spoil !:aww:

15. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything about Sara and Reiko? Sorry, we're bombarding you with questions.

16. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    @vsukio Thanks again for the spoilers. Its a bit confusing/overwhelming how big Reiko's family drama is so I'll hold off asking for that. Thanks again though

As for the love interests, can you expand on the
    a. who was already in love with her when they found out her preference
    b. whose POVs were featured (can you expand this further?)
    c. the ones who were into Reiko (esp. her "size". I mean, I'm hoping Soujuu isn't one of them. He's my top choice tbh since Reiko could get Sarah as a sister in law!)
    d. the ones who had previous exp

Oh and any SarahxReiko friendship subplots?

Tiis_Ganda, Ainespi, Mikaa and 6 others like this.
  17. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Sarah basically becomes Reiko's best friend. There has been no conflict between the two, so there isn't much I can really say about them. One of the capture targets had been getting closer to Reiko recently but he knows that rather than love, Reiko seems to hunger for friendship more (she had been very lonely in school after all) and probably likes Sara more than she (Reiko) likes him. Imo, Sara seems to be the person who distresses the most for Reiko when things becomes a hot mess.

Dofu, Tiis_Ganda, Ainespi and 16 others like this.
  18. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if this is the right answer but I tried MTLing the second to last chapter of the main story of the raws (49, I'm a bit confused though, NU lists this as 130+ completed? Is the original WN and translations divided into two or something?), and from what I can briefly understand, judging from Reiko's inner thoughts, she develops feelings (or at least has a crush) on the 3rd year black haired student council president. Unless @MayO or @vsukio can reach this far on the raws, try not to take this seriously. Honestly, I ship her more with Soujuu/Sarah's male twin, heck I'm also rooting for sensei route since in the manga, Soujuu, sensei, and Katsuragi has so far had the most scenes/appearances

Tiis_Ganda, Ainespi, layyu and 4 others like this.
  19. MayO

MayO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    behold, the ending. hahaha

Named Yuri Marikoji in raws but in the manga Yuu Madenokouji. He is the student council president. has black hair and a mole under his eye. The kind and gentle brother type. He said that his family is poor but from Reiko's POV he and her aren't the same. they're both scholars on the school, his grandmother is the tutor of Mary the one who hits Mary with a ruler in the hands if she make a mistake. in short the strict teacher. He always help on taking away katsuragi from Reiko and the twins. When Reiko was in hospital, he brought a bouquet of flowers, and told her sorry for not stopping Fuki's grandson earlier. At the end of the novel Reiko says that he will be the one who she will grow old with.

Reiko became a famous pianist, the twins were engaged to someone else already. Sou went abroad. Rafra is the name of Sarah's fiancr. Yuria published a game version of her delusions. Miu ends up with a football player, she married him and ends up as a PTA member. Katsuragu did not accept Yuria feelings and stayed single. idk what happen after. There is also a prince that like Reiko but haven't got a chance to confess due to knowing that Yuri and Reiki were already dating.

Dofu, Tiis_Ganda, Ainespi and 25 others like this.
  20. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, does Yuria ever get over her whole idea that Reiko is a villainess? I hope so, since Reiko has been through a lot.