Feature Request Press ↓ (down arrow) while searching

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Astaroth, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my ultimate pet peeves ever since some UI change quite a while back was that I can't press the ↓ (down arrow) key to "scroll" through the search result dropdown anymore, instead what happens is that every time I press the key it just reload the search as if I had input another letter or something.

So basically, every time I press down arrow key the dropdown just reloads and show the same result as before instead of going down the list and highlighting the novels, which means I can't simply use the arrow keys and enter key to go to any novel page, instead I have to use the mouse.

It's a bit of an inconvenience since I'll be writing the novel name (or part of it) and that means I have both hands on the keyboard, so using the keyboard instead of the mouse would be easier and more convenient.

This is the dropdown I'm talking about:
    [​IMG]

Westeller, Vaeleri, Dezel and 4 others like this.
  2. EienMugetsuTensho

EienMugetsuTensho [Avid Reader] [C#, C++, Python Programmer]

Reading List:
    Link
    +100
    I really wanted this feature but kept being too lazy to make a request.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Bumping this cause it's seriously annoying as hell that you can't use the novel search function on NU conveniently

Westeller likes this.
  4. Dezel

Dezel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    like, an addon on the bottom corner of the page where we could goin up to the top or down to the bottom in one click?
    :blob_plusone:

6. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pressing tab twice focuses the keyboard on the search results. You'll be able to use the scroll bar to scroll the result list and further tab presses will cycle through the search results.

Your current selection will not be highlighted or anything, however, making it awkward to use. Chrome and Edge will .. bump.. your current selection on the list so that you can visually see it, while Firefox won't even do that much. But you can try it.

Best use would be tab, tab, enter to select the first result on the list relatively quickly.

You can also use third-party addons like Focus Finder to make this a lot easier. .. or maybe one that just improves keyboard navigation?

Not devaluing your suggestion, just suggesting a shoddy workaround in the meantime.

Astaroth and AliceShiki like this.