Recommendations Novel with a Mysterious world

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Lachaize, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Lachaize

Lachaize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys! I'm new here ~

I'm currently looking for a novel with a mysterious world or/and mysterious characters. The best examples I can give is the Lord of the Mysteries and My House of Horrors.

So I would like:
    -A MC that is trying to unveil all the mysteries around him/her (not necessarily about his/her past but also around many legendary characters of the past for example)
    - a main plot with many characters or events connected.
    -a world that shouldn't just revolves around the mc and all the side characters must have some depth.
    - the novel must have +200 chapters at least (or have steady updates)
    - it can be politically heavy, I don't mind
    - no (real) harem please. It's okay for the mc to have many love interests but I just want him/her to finish with one person.
    -no yuri/yaoi
    - NO FACE SLAPPING

Thanks
    And sorry for all the grammatical mistakes.

animefan217 likes this.
  2. Normie Extermination Committee

Normie Extermination Committee [Toilet Sniffer] [ Grand Master of Underlings]

Reading List:
    Link
  3. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't that have a real harem? It's the reason why I dropped it like a hot potato when I learned about it. I was so disappointed with the MC.

As for my recommendations:
    -The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich (Lots of info-dump but only because the MC is crazy. Don't know if his fake harem becomes real tho.)

-The Legend of the Sun Knight (Quite comedic but it turns dark by the 2nd half)

-Jujutsushi Wa Yuusha Ni Narenai (This is in the format of Battle Royale/Isekai but it has multiple POVs and they all want to solve the mystery as to why they got where they are and how to survive)

-The Demon King Seems to Conquer the World (super slowburn but it's still interesting)

-Throne of Magical Arcana (same author as Lord of the Mysteries and also has the same vibe but less side characters as LOM)

- The Godsfall Chronicles (Post-apocalyptic setting, lots of mysteries on how the world came to be, very bleak)

- Paladin of the End (Goodluck on finding an official English translation of this but it's really really good)

5. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I forgot about Trash of the Count's Family.

8. slanthony08

slanthony08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Martialegg

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve read it to the 220 ch and the mc is still not reciprocate to the girls’ love. He remains apathetic.

10. slanthony08

slanthony08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    270 chapters in, the author literally uses innuendo with him and a different girl like every 4 chapters. I am pretty sure harem doesn't mean that mc reciprocates the love back, for me it means multiple possible love interest. Every single one of the girls has been "added to his harem" technically. Mc just dense.

Urban dictionary of harem: A genre in anime and manga that every weeb indeed watches, however it is never discussed among fellow weebs.

A harem is essentially when there is a boy who is bombarded by a bevy girls presenting various physiques. The girls in the harem are all attracted to the boy and often fight over his affection. A Harem can be metaphorically describes as a rooster in a henhouse.

11. Martialegg

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s a good point. A lot of japanese and korean novel with harem tag actually use that definition. I know that as long as the mc has more than one love interest fighting for his affection, it becomes a harem tag.

But, The thread poster clearly said no real harem. He said that he’s fine as long as he stick to one woman in the end.
    And according to my understanding, i think the mc would choose only one woman than a harem, because it is consistenf to what the prologue started.

This also happens in a lot of harem tag anime as well, where the mc only chooses one girl in the end. For example: Oreshura, Campione, world god only knows, freezing. Rakudai kishi no cavalry, etc.

12. hoppala

hoppala Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Record of Unusual Creatures is have same quality with other two novel.

-Huge plot, not repeat the same arc over and over like culcuvation novels.
    -slowly revealing plot with New characters.
    -3d and life like characters, nice character dev.
    -comedic funy, and slow romance only with one partner. (almost and of the novel. That slow but sweet.)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    animefan217 likes this.
  13. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And as two bonuses world traveling and tons of different fantasy creatures.

hoppala likes this.