Recommendations Something like the beginning of 'Sovereign of Judgment' and the manga Gantz

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Leifman, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Leifman

Leifman Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, forever now I've always been asking on every chance anyone i know for something similar...

Basically i absolutely loved the 'Structure' of the manga of gantz. with the entity summoning (The mysterious black ball in gantz) and with the entire missions/score system/rewards/etc' and the progression/powerup/leveling or what have you through that.

The closest i could think of in terms of novels would be the beginning part of 'Sovereign of Judgment'. those that read it or at least the first half or maybe even beginning 100 chapters or so would probably understand what i mean.

Now, i've also heard that the 'Infinity' genre sorta can fill into the 'Like gantz' point of mine but then i heard arguments that gantz technically isn't infinity because it isn't visiting any game/movie/etc' worlds, but i did hear that there is that system/missions/rewards/progress feel of gantz to it and someone i remember even said that Gantz might have been a factor to jump start this entire Infinity genre as a whole.

I would really love to hear if people that loved/enjoyed gantz and also read Sovereign of Judgement and kinda get what i'm looking for can recommend me something they believe have the same feeling or what i'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

2. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea the clueless MC and the brutal beginnings of those stories were very engaging to read.

+1 I’ll follow this and see if I find anything new to read.

3. nikomaru

nikomaru 「Will of the Newtype」「NullPointerException」

Reading List:
    Link
  4. norach212

norach212 Unknown being

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mind me, i am just lurking for a bit:blobpeek:

Pleasantly-plump likes this.
  5. Leifman

Leifman Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Figured it won't be an easy one :D oh well... i tried

6. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Life Mission

The problem with the 'Infinity' genre is you need to know the movies/games/comic books to truly understand what's going on. Like, if the theme is the Avengers movie and you don't know who Hulk or Captain America is, then it is probably not going to be as enjoyable. For me, that turned me off of a lot of the novels in the genre. I don't want to look up who these other characters are every arc.

Leifman likes this.
  7. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Arena too.

People give it bad reviews because the guy's first girlfriend is a gold-digger. He doesn't know she is a gold-digger though. The girl isn't evil, doesn't betray him or anything; there's just no 'love at first sight'. She wants a Tall, Rich, and Handsome (basically the Korean version of a Prince Charming), with the MC happening to fit the bill.

hoppala and Leifman like this.
  8. Leifman

Leifman Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you Kage!

9. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem! Have fun reading!

Leifman likes this.