Discussion Post your City Situation here. (CoViD19 lockdown)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by prongsjiisan, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Takeru Takaishi

Takeru Takaishi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Got a case of a positive one near me. 0-2 km I guess (it is just from different cluster to my house), He died yesterday.

2. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    City? Nah, I stocked up enough a few weeks ago that I won't need to go into town for another month so I haven't bothered to see what's going on with them. Hope they are doing well though. No signs of the Kung Flu on any of my acres.

3. Irisia

Irisia Moon bunny at your service

Reading List:
    Link
    Lithuania here. People returning from abroad get quarantined forcefully from yesterday on.a few hospitals closed due to a few doctors testing positive. Most of the people are being responsible, specially ones in their 20's, wearing masks and gloves and... Older People are less responsible i guess. Just yesterday saw a mother taking two little children to a shopping centre, no protection whatsoever.

Just a few cars passing by. Most of the shops closed, except for food and medicine. Online shopping available still and food takeout to home. Studies are postponed. I'm just staying at home on my phone. Lots of time to read and watch movies.

4. Irisia

Irisia Moon bunny at your service

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you live in the main Russia or in the small European part near Germany?

Femme Fatale and prongsjiisan like this.
  5. LuckyDay2604

LuckyDay2604 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From Spain, Barcelona
    We have been in quarentine for 1 week and a half, going for a month (maybe more). It's the same as I have read in other posts: panic buying, people keeping a distance of at least 2 meters when they are outside, no cars, there are no masks nor alcohol in stock, police fining everyone who goes outside without any motive....

The most distressing of all, hospitals having to choose who to take in based on life expectancy.

6. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finland... ~900 confirmed cases (very limited testing though, so who knows the real numbers) and a partial lockdown... ~10 or so confirmed cases in the region where I live... which doubled in a day... there have been hoarding, but it was already happening some week(s) ago, so maybe its over by now...

7. doppleghost

doppleghost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Island: Mindanao

NO PICS because I'm not allowed to go outside except for my father(1 person/household).
    My city is still okay but we are locking down our city borders for tourist and visitors. Airport, seaport, and bus terminals are closed. Classes in schools from lowest to highest level are ended earlier after Pres. Duterte declaration for nationwide community quarantine. Curfews implemented from 9 PM to 5AM. City transports are fewer due to fear. Face mask and Alcohol are out of stock so we make our own. The govt. hospital in my city only accepts outpatients because the bed capacity is full. Trucks delivering food products are allowed. Warrantless arrest are implemeted during curfew hours and those who break it will go in jail for 2 months and bail worth $19,654 in USD or 1million PHP. 5 cities in Mindanao have also 5 confirmed cases each with travel history on Thailand, Malaysia, Qatar, and UK. The other one is a local transmission who came from metro manila.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  8. Heir Of Nothing

Heir Of Nothing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in the main Russia.
    Edit: President said it's better to stay home upcoming week. So it would seem many places would be closed.

Femme Fatale and prongsjiisan like this.
  9. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not just "stay home". Next week officially declared as state holiday week.

10. KoalaCool

KoalaCool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, things are just "fine" around here in Brazil!
    I'll try to make a summary of the mess that is currently happening but, shi* is going crazy since last night.

- So far, there are about 2.281 confirmed cases in the whole country and 47 deaths.
    - Every type of event has been either cancelled or postponed.
    - There is massive quarantine going on in the whole country, specially in commonly populated areas, pretty much the same as the rest of the world.
    - Although a few people did panic and started to massively buy things such as hand sanitizer or toilet papers, the supermarkets/drugstores have assured that the stocks are just fine.

Now, these were just the normal response to the outbreak, the things is...since a few days ago, the current President has been making tons of negative remarks one after the other.

Initially he proposed a 4 months contract without pay for the whole nation and that the companies, factory owners and pretty much all bosses or employers in the country to compensate their employees with online courses corresponding to their area of work/expertise.
    Yup, brilliant right?
    Well, he was harshly critized and had to go back in his decision.

But this is not the end, because last night, he made a nation wide broadcast saying that the vírus in nothing more than a simple flu with almost no consequences to the public health; that only the elderly people should stay home; schools should re-open and everyone needs to go back to work asap. He critized the governors who are against him, blamed the media for spreading baseless panic.

Yup, everything is juuust fine around here!

Link to news below.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...feel-anything-covid-19-attack-state-lockdowns

https://brazilian.report/coronavirus-brazil-live-blog/

11. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link

I'm now a suspect, got mild cough, with pleghm. and bit a fever. Let's hope that this is Common Flu. For those who already Post, no matter what country you're, we're in this situation together. But no matter where you are, just remember me and lot of Nuffians is here with you. And together We will overcame this.

We will survive this plague, *hug everyone here*

12. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful: stay away, I I don't want to get *cough* ... :blobsick:

Good luck and stay safe and healty

13. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    New Zealand lockdown: Went into effect midnight Wednesday, 11 hours ago. Streets are mostly bare where I live. A few people out, in clusters, staying well away from each other. Mostly parents/grandparents letting their kids out to play in the park next to me. More than a 2 meter gap between the small groups. Thought about going for a morning run earlier but decided against it and just worked out at home.

Motorway, Harbour Bridge & Newtown Junction - Auckland:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New Regent Street & Cathedral Square - Christchurch:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Princess Street & Fitzherbert Avenue (both cbd) - Palmerston North:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fairfield Bridge & Downtown - Hamilton:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lambton Quay - Wellington:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There's photos everywhere, but they all give off basically the same feeling. For the most part people are taking this seriously. For those that don't, they can deal with the police. Anybody flaunting the level 4 lockdown is going to get a rude awakening if they keep insisting on "Muh rightz". Wherever you are living right now is where you will be living until it's over. We're advised not to travel out of our immediate areas and people who flout the laws are subject to fines/being arrested. Public transport is restricted to essential travel only and you may be asked to provide proof you are part of our essential workforce or have a good reason to travel. Everyone is asked to keep a 2M distance from each other in public. Hunters, fishermen, campers and hikers have all been asked not to participate in these activities lest they put an unnecessary strain on our emergency responders. There's a feeling of worry, mild undercurrents of panic here and there, but in general New Zealand is just hunkering down to weather the storm much the same as we always do.

Current cases: 205 total - 22 recovered / 0 deaths.
    Stay safe, jisan. Hope you come through your sickness okay. Thinking of you.

I think you have a right to 'panic buy' if they're talking about closing supermarkets too. You need to eat after all.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  14. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Get well soon, jiisan! My parents didn't even let me to get my morning walk now because of this so I am just walking around my house. Wish all of this will end at least before Ramadhan because I am really miss my family and hoping that they can come home for ied.

15. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    School holiday extended and yet I'm stuck in my village which have a very poor internet access:blobexpressionless:

16. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    On a good note, 50% off on Ben and Jerry's and Frozen pizza's so people stay home. 'Let's cone together' and 'Netflix and Chill'd' , dem ice cream names. :blobsalute:

17. tekkage

tekkage Childish Boomer.

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial law motherfuckers try to top that.

18. Illisaide

Illisaide ╰(✧∇✧╰) Venti!~

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, although there’s 27 confirmed cases at the city next to us, and there’s a country wide quarantine, there’s no confirmed cases in my own city so far, so the streets aren’t quite empty. Sure, there’s no pedestrians or children playing outside, and the street isn’t clogged when school lets out (because school is closed), but everyday traffic seems just the same as ever.

imK and prongsjiisan like this.
  19. hehaaw

hehaaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, its better for people not coming home for Ied this year, because it might just worsen the situation if they went home. It's sad that there still so many kids on my neighborhood that playing outside, eventho they were told not to. The least I can do was to tell them to wear mask outside.

20. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in Santa Clara county, in California, USA. (The cities are kinda smushed together here, so looking at county info is more informative anyway)
    I didn't think to take any pictures or videos, things look kinda the same, just emptier. And I really only go to and from work. But if I spot something worth taking a picture of, I will post it here.
    Everything non-essential is closed down, and last I heard (a few days ago) police have started patrolling to make sure businesses actually close when they are supposed to (they found alot that didn't). People go outside alot, for walks, though I've been a turtle in my room, so it's just from what I heard second hand.
    Here is a website with the most current info for my area (easier than me typing it)
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03...ngle-day-spike-in-positive-tests-1-new-death/

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020