Any Christian Scholars Help??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shin Ah, Mar 26, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thou shalt love the Lord, thy God, with all thy heart, with all thy mind, with all thy soul," - This doesn't leave room for an affair. It doesn't leave room for promiscuity. It doesn't leave room for any sexuality, any disloyalty, any affection. Just the affection for God is allowed. Right? It was Jesus words and many believe in Jesus words more than other prophets words, even Gods words mean less to many people, but believe in Jesus and you go to heaven... So everyone just ignores that you should love thy god with ALL your heart? So no marriage? No love? No sex?

2. mephistbse

mephistbse Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Body pillow with gods picture? that's the meaning of life!!

Shin Ah likes this.
  3. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    so if I am guy and I believe in Jesus... I should essentially be gay?

Nightow1 likes this.
  4. Kerbouchard

Kerbouchard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad news, everyone. If you love your husband or wife with all your heart, you're not able to love your parents, siblings, or kids, because that's apparently how it works.

Sami11, Nightow1, reagents 11 and 6 others like this.
  5. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    Funnily the priests swear on chastity, maybe they are unto something..

6. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My brother is a Anglican priest thats married and has been trying to have kids so you're making some pretty misinformed statements there

7. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Body is not included. Pleasures of the flesh are permitted, then? :blobpeek:

8. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Random question I did not expect to come across on this site but let me help out anyway.

That commandment pertains to the worship of other gods as well as the importance of that love - basically in your heart, mind and soul, there should be no room for other gods & you should not place your love for other things above the love you have for Him. You may have heard of the different forms of love as well: agape, eros, etc. so just using the english word for “love” really fails to deliver the full outlook of that passage.

example:
    If you have a significant other : wife/husband, the love you have for them will likely be more than you have for a friend and it will also be different. Your love for your spouse may be ‘eros’ and parts ‘agape’ and ‘philia’ but the love you have for your friend may only be ‘agape’ love (unless you have the hots for that friend). So now which one would you deem more important? That’s not to say you can’t love anyone else outside of God but that your love for God should be the most important to you.
    Also FYI and this might trigger some people but in Christianity we believe that Jesus is God - they are one in the same. Jesus is God in the form of man. That is all.

9. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    So this doesn't really matter if it is about other gods. In the end you still have to give ALL your love to Jesus/God/Heavenly Father.

10. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    Your interpretations of the scripture would dub you as an extremist. A step further, then you'll be a terrorist. Neat.

11. valzione

valzione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that refers to only letting one true God and his commands/orders into your mind, heart soul etc. Aka no golden bull/false idols and whatnot.

Marriages were sanctioned by god, therefore they are allowed.(Jesus was married, the god had sex with another man's woman without marriage so he could be his own dad due to holy Trinity).

The main reason priests and monks and are banned from relationships is more that they are solely dedicated on spreading god's message than actual command by god. Nuns are technically married to god so they have another thing going.

12. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn't have said it better myself so glad i don't need to to introduce my brother to you weirdos:sweating_profusely:

Lydia likes this.
  13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Nightow1 likes this.
  14. Sami11

Sami11 [Level 99 Duck]

Reading List:
    Link
    Discussion about religion is not allowed, I think.
    If you truly wanted a scholarly opinion then you would not got to NUF, which is full of athiests, ex muslims, and slightly practicing muslims. Otherwise you're just here to shit around.

Nightow1 and MadraRua like this.
  15. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't state that you should abstain from love, sex and marriage in order to embrace god. All it says is to love him.

Lydia likes this.
  16. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    This is blasphemy. I call upon the Inquistion to have you burned heretic.

This is not what Jesus said. He left no room for love. You shall put ALL your love, soul and mind to Jesus.
    Whether he meant other Gods, i disagree. WHat he talks about here is a lifestyle and a decision.
    The decision to either leave this animal world and animal passion of sex, drugs, OR choose God, but fully. With no "buts" and exceptions.

@Lydia
    A good one here.
    "Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

SELL ALL YOU HAVE. Your wife included. FOLLOW ME. Love me only.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2020
  17. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Goes further than that, you aren't supposed to show loyalty of any kind, to anyone else. You can't belong to a fraternity of any kind, can't get married, and can't even be part of a nation.

Shin Ah likes this.
  18. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you are forgetting one important thing. How do you love god? And is it different from loving a spouse?
    And if loving god with all of your heart is a must. Why does the bible mention marriage and loving your spouse?
    Ephesians 5:25: “For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her."

Lydia and PaladinWolf like this.
  19. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    @CountryMage

I think this seals the deal.
    Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

You should stop caring about money, possessions, ties with the Earthly world. If you want all the treasure in heaven, follow me, the Messenger of God.

20. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

If you want God's love follow him on twitter. I hear he is chilling somewhere in japan to become a blogger.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.