Spoiler The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by riyo, Jul 10, 2019.

1. OtomeAddict

OtomeAddict Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Everyone not in the designated antagonistic camp is fine with it. The whole nation loves Aria after all. Even the ones that are slightly discontent with her background after the wedding can’t say anything because at that point Aria is even more loved than Asher and the Emperor pretty much.

The nobles from Aria’s family’s country Croa are proud of and and thus the union and showed up to support the wedding. King Lohan really wanted to troll them and suggested that Aria stay in Croa with her family for a while before going back to Asher but everyone was like nope.

During the wedding the entire capital and foreigners alike showed up to cheer on Aria.

H.G, Shey_04, Khadz and 14 others like this.
  2. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like Asher and Aria really lucked out and they seem pretty compatible. Cheers for them! I felt a little pity abd sad for Oscar but at least he's alive. Looking forward to reading the novel and the webtoon. By the way, is that the ending or are they sidestories?

Khadz, Paris_Eve, quyen and 1 other person like this.
  3. OtomeAddict

Reading List:
    Link
    The wedding and Aria’s first little while as crown princess is the epilogue. The story ends chapter 288 where I read it at least.
    The last part after the wedding was Aria helping to get Annie and Jessie married. I really wished it continued to Aria and Asher’s children but alas... *Sighs*

syofiaa, MIAspy07, Shey_04 and 14 others like this.
  4. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined

5. AngelRose79

AngelRose79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much guys for all these spoilers

Avery Very and Mikaa like this.
  6. Meri

Meri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is this monstrosity!!!

TOO MUCH SUGAR!!!

Thank you @OtomeAddict

7. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was curious how things went between our MC and her Bio-dad / Apple-and lover who went into hiding (did they wind up back together or just nah?) Thanks ~

Shey_04 and Daisychangedhermind like this.
  8. OtomeAddict

Reading List:
    Link
    Her dad Chloe proposed to her mom and for a while there was a discussion of whether Aria should go to Croa with them for a year until she came of age.
    She did end up going for a short while to meet the biological paternal side of the family, attend her mom and dad’s wedding and be put on the family register and stuff. She is uncomfortable at first, doesn’t really leave her guest room and refers to her grandma with her formal title. However her grandmother clearly adores her. Her grandma doesn’t force anything on her but she is clearly very eager to bond. (Aria is confused because her Grandma is treating her with so much affection which she isn’t used to bc her mother has always been kind of cold to her)
    She’s awkward about it because she’s never met her father in her whole life up until now and he never knew of her so obviously she’s like there isn’t any real connection aside from blood. He admitted that he came to their kingdom to find the mom and not her too but would still like to get to know her. She’s also baffled at the unconditional attention and love her grandma is trying to give her and, again, feels uncomfortable.
    She seeks guidance from Jessie who advises her to give it a try and she eventually bonds with her grandma. She sees that they’re really trying and decides to celebrate her birthday in Croa with her new family. She didn’t really admit it but when she left Croa with Asher in a carriage she started crying without realizing it.
    Eventually they’re close enough that Aria tells her grandma that she can visit her and calls her grandmother. Her family and other nobles from Croa attend Aria and Asher’s wedding. (Aria is also reknowned and popular in Croa because of her investment business and now her family background)
    Aria and her mother Carin had a heart to heart in chapter 259. It happens when Carin comes to tell Aria that her dad really wants to attend her birthday party. Carin expresses that she feels bad that she never really did anything for Aria growing up and Aria tells her she is really grateful for her mother not giving her up. She thanks her mom for giving birth to her and raising her, saying she never resented her mother and comments that it must’ve been hard for an unmarried woman to raise a daughter alone. Her mom says that if she can she wants to visit Aria sometimes too.
    So yeah. Not much about Chloe but there’s quite a bit of interaction with her mom and especially her grandma.

Apple? Idk if my mind is foggy or something but I don’t really remember.

(Edit) Idk if anyone cares about this but it’s about Chloe if anyone didn’t know. He apparently looks so strikingly similar to Aria that he basically looks like male Aria. Like disturbingly similar. People had assumed she looked like her mom but she looks entirely like her dad.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  9. sirwence

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the Info its much appreciated! (When I first started reading the very MTL version I kinda felt there would be much more to her background and it felt to 'easy' for the step sister to really be the only 'antagonist' or even the true one. Well im glad she got to meet him ; and despite it being awkward (I mean he never knew she existed) I would assume since we dont get an epilogue with babies and more time haha - that her and her father would eventually be .. close enough to lose the awkward tension. I was also very happy they had a real frank discussion (her and her mother) they needed one. I don't know if id call her mother cold though.. as much as Id call her 'detached' I mean not making excuses but her circumstances until almost when we meet her are dire at best. (than she gets assassinated in the OTL so..yeah) I assume when she gets stuff in order shes realizing how detached she was and I suppose tries to reconnect with her daughter. (And thanks for the bit on the GRanda that was Sugar ^-^ Not surprised she found herself crying without knowing when she left- she has a full* real* family now. and doesn't have to fake and scheme anything either to get and give said affection)

And as for the appearance I never thought she was the spitting image of her mother in looks so I assumed it was the "Noble Lover" whom she took after since.. who else would it be I guess haha

10. Whutzittooyah

Whutzittooyah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AsherxAria is :blobnosebleed: but I feel really bad for Oscar too... I hope there had been an extra story depicting his life as a commoner and hopefully he lives a content and peaceful life

Paris_Eve and tk_10 like this.
  11. Needyneedle

Needyneedle Crimson's Melissa and the Blackjack of Chaos.

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading the novel! Although I'm kind of disappointed with the ending, I still think it's worth the read. Just right on time to read the manhwa! The visuals!

12. sirwence

Reading List:
    Link
    Disappointing in what way? Several were disappointed they didn't get more of an epilogue etc no babies or extra fluff time . Or was it something else for you? (Rephrase in a different way was it the LACK of things you wanted to see or the ending itself/story) Just curious ^^

13. Needyneedle

Needyneedle Crimson's Melissa and the Blackjack of Chaos.

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a mix of what you have mentioned. I apologize in advance because I'm bad at explaining things. I wish the epilogue was more in-depth and did not end abruptly. In a sense that it made me say, "That was the epilogue? What?!" I guess I had high expectations from the author to deliver the ending well since the foundation and the flow of the story were solid. I was in high spirits throughout the reading journey, then suddenly the end was just that. I felt like it was a little out of place? Maybe it would make sense to end it with her throwing out blabla words to not mess with her or something like that as the ending. For example, now I can finally live in peace, but just because I'm in peace does not mean I cannot do another devious act if disturbed... Just to leave a little of impact. However, I am only good at reading stories and is always terrible at creating one, so this is just my two cents. lol

Paris_Eve, sirwence and KathyClysm like this.
  14. sirwence

Reading List:
    Link
    Understood - I have seen similar views from many people. For maybe its just that I was happy with how the story progressed (it felt very .. fresh? to me) It also felt as you said' solid* ; but her changes especially in the department of being a bit less villainess and a bit more 'happy' fit for me.. (im not saying it didn't fit for others of course ) because of what she learns, goes through, experiences, and who she meets and the chances she takes (Like with her Grandmother as an example). So I certainly understand wanting more of an epilogue ; I wanted to see their kids and her as a mother I think shed actually be a good one haha. But im glad you enjoyed the story at least ^-^. And we can all enjoy the Manhwa.

Paris_Eve and MiserableSOUL like this.
  15. Evilmambapower

Evilmambapower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Evilmambapower

Evilmambapower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm at chapter 186 and I feel sad that I read all the spoilers on the last two pages. I was really hoping there would be freaking children in here. Like adorable little Aria and Asher oh my, my hopes were shot down hard.

I'll come reading it when the manwha reaches the chapter I'm in.

Thanks for all tye spoilers and links

Paris_Eve, darksanctuary and sirwence like this.
  17. sirwence

Reading List:
    Link
    *pats* I know what you mean I wanted to see their kids and see Aria as a mother by that point we might not even recognize parts of her haha.

Evilmambapower likes this.
  18. Pinkuenemu

Pinkuenemu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does she ever get the credit for the fur invesment idea? If so around what chapter in the novel is it? Sorry If someone already talkd about it and I just missed it please kindly quote that comment if this spoiler is already addressed somewhere else

19. Marinette

Marinette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After I found this series from the webcomic version, I immediately searched up the novel which miraculously was already finished and fully update!:LOL:
    What I write here is just my own interpretation of the villain Aria from the novel. To be honest, I found it very difficult to understand this character... So yeah, I just saying my view not saying it is.
    Also SPOILER bc I don't know how you put spoiler here.

Just like how others had already commented, I didn't fully liked the heroine Aria. She was indeed one of a kind protagonist that was a villain and remained a villain. But, her actions and her hate didn't feel justified enough by her past tragedy. I felt like she wasn't even drawn to archive revenge but just did what she did bc she liked hurting people she didn't like.
    Rather than The Villainess that reversed the hourglass it's more a"Loveless girl using the time reversing to become The Villain "
    [​IMG]

She pointed the blame as if everything was her sister Mielle fault (does have a role) but the past Aria was at great fault as well. Idk it just that her justifying every cruelty she has done after turning the hourglass didn't make any sense with that logic. I'm not defending or saying Mielle is not a bad person but Aria thinking that all her doom was Mielle fault and that she (aria) keep saying she has no fault just didn't justify the cruelty she showed in the serie. Mielle was the one that triggered her bad behavior, spread rumors,... But ultimately it was Aria's fault for falling for such trick and acting acting selfishly upon them. She's like she is not taking any responsibility of her childish self and just moved on thinking her ignorance, immaturity, laziness, low self-esteem which evolve to inferiority complex and her inability to make the right choice was Mielle's fault.
    [​IMG]
    Some may say, "she wasn't used to it and she didn't know" well that kinda is the fault that lead Aria to her doom in her first life. She's definitely contributed to her doom. :unsure:So I really disliked how she keep saying "I did horrible things and was an annoying uneducated woman, but it's not my fault. It's Mielle's fault she made me do those things. I didn't do them willingly despite I did. It's all Mielle fault I didn't do anything wrong. My immaturity was all Mielle's fault not my attitude or reckless parents. So I'm gonna bully the young Mielle way worse that what her future self did to me. I'll be the bully this time."
    [​IMG]
    Of course, Mielle has done those terrible things to her in the past but, constant suffering and humiliation was not a fair punishment. I never expect Aria was a reasonable or good person bc I think it was never a matter of vengeance anymore or survival. It was just Aria's hatred hunting her and making her do horrible things because she can't let go of the past that was something she deserved becayse of her actions. She's being move by hatred toward something that haven't even happen here she acts that it already does and all the people in front of her are the same twisted people of the past. It's kinda similar to Doctor Elise for the tragedy starter that was caused by their recklessness and selfishness but unlike Aria, Elise recognized her faults and didn't pursue vengeance. (doctor Elise is one of my fav btw:love:) A second chance not to pursue her previous life matter but to start a new, leaving grudges or strong feelings of a passed life in the past and use them to better not her situation but the entire kingdom.
    [​IMG]
    Aria's actions from when she turned back in time till the end of the novel were almost made completely out of spite or need to be the villain she wished to be. It's kinda like she was mirroring her bully but not for survival or avoid her death but just to simply make the other suffer. Like she wanted to be the Villain and Bully she never was in her previous life.

My final thought of this novel: well it's a story about a woman that become a villain not for others's sake or vengeance but just to see another person suffer like she did.:unsure:
    [​IMG]
    Because to be fair, she can hate Mielle for everything but bullying Mielle who has yet to do those things were pretty much her taking advantage of her power to bully an equally innocent girl. She could have let it go and just move on. Idk maybe try to reason or step away from Mielle and just improved her life with her second chance but she just pushed Mielle to the breaking point. For example when she tried to steal Oscar, Mielle's long loved crush not caring the impact on Mielle who was a brat practically back then. Plus Aria didn't even care for Oscar. Which is kinda pitiful Oscar accepted to get engaged to Mielle for Aria's sake the person who later take away his status and practically never approached him again when he was no use of her anymore. :(So yeah, Oscar was just a tool to Aira to crush Mielle's long lost childhood love (which become obsession later :unsure:)
    [​IMG]

Maybe Aria couldn't run away from those rumors and their mistreatment so she acted as such to defend herself but at one point when all bad rumors about her were clear she still wanted more suffering.
    I really think the second Mielle didn't deserve the punishement or all those harassing. She indeed pushed her father and poisoned her brother but still it was all Aria that pushed her to do that. Mielle is selfish and think only of herself but she still somehow cared for her father and brother despite she did those horrible things.
    [​IMG]
    So yeah, the story is that Aria returned to the past, she died from a tragedy that is both her fault and Mielle. In her second chance she decided to keep her grudge to people who didn't even do those things to her yet. Thus ultimately I think she's not doing it for vengeances in her right mind but purely for pleasure of being the perpetrator for once. And yeah I ain't gonna sugar coat it Aria is equally a malevolent person that act for her own pleasure. She doesn't view others as people but just pawn to manipulate. Maybe Asher is the sole exception.

At the same time, Aria is kinda a "broken" person since she never lived or knew love from the start from others or her parents so I think that much justify her lack of any empathy or forgiven nature towards others unless she found use of them. If then the person benefit and is not a threat to her she'll keep them around if not... Executions. Unlike Aristia from Abbandoned Empress who changed her future with another method, Aria corrected her bad habits and grow in society using her brain but, still the lack of any love and her incapability to trust others were what, I think ultimately didn't solve her apathy untill she met Ashen and discover what is love which I believe happened much later. I think the"people are pawns" mentally is solid in her mind when she was young till adulthood. Also unlike Doctor Elise she used her knowledge of the past to her advantage and benefit not for others' sake of others'...
    [​IMG]
    I don't remember if the web toon mentioned it but when Aria discover the hourglass power she harrassed every night her sister by throwing cold water and even called people curses during conversations showing how she kinda saw them less than people then she reverse the hourglass.

So yeah she uses her hourglass to save herself from mistake but also to take her anger on others. :unsure:

[​IMG]
    I also think that maybe the author was following a logic similar to a comment I read once about the Prince in the Abbandoned Empress that goes like this: The Prince is a horrible person even if he's young, the fact that he does all those things means it is in his "nature" to be a terrible person again.
    Which I really couldn't agree, it's true some people have a sort predisposition to violence but that's only for physical violence. :unsure:A cruelty and hatred that runs so deep is something that is nurtured and been growing in the first for years thanks to outside stimulation. I read often in my psychology books that every person is capable of being a horrible person if she/he is in certain circumstances that push to those limits.
    [​IMG]
    I think the author made Aria despise Mielle for the same logic, she still see the later as a horrible person that killed people & her when in reality the young Mielle didn't do anything yet, she was naughty child that spread rumors but in the end the rumors had credibility bc Aria past self contributed. So yeah, she is a villainess through and through but more like the heroine-manipulated-commoner-cute-girl stereotype we see in most isekai villainess novels. (y)
    [​IMG]
    I got some chills reading the last chapters after Princess Isis executions.... I felt like I was reading a secret serial murderer first perspective. I keep reading but I truly didn't understand why go that far..... Ofc, this sort malevolent protagonist mind was present during the entire novel so that also made the reading uncomfortable for me. But I still read :rolleyes:.
    However I really liked the last chapters the reunion with her father and grandmother I can only imagine Aria's compassion and empathy blossom even more since she's being loved and is learning various form of love and trust. ^^

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  20. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was said already that she was good looking like her mother but more stunning and like a noble .