Discussion Haikyu!! Final arc

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Passerby Soysauce-sama, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Passerby Soysauce-sama

Passerby Soysauce-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read scanlations of Haikyu!! at it's latest Chap387. After the choking time-skip, (w/c was both surprisingly appropriate after tons of analysis), I've been preparing myself for heartbreak these past few days since it's at its FINAL ARC. I'll never get to see Noya again after his grand chapter 386 cover, FREEDOM. :cry:. I'll never get to see Iwa-chan pummeling Oikawa, or Tsukki being sinister. I'll miss all the Volleyball idiots in Haikyu!!. They're all such rich and beautiful characters that I often wonder how 2D masterfully brings them to life.

All I'm doing now is waiting for the imminent end and relishing the final confrontations between amazing characters by Haruichi Furudate-sensei, centering on Hinata and Kageyama.

Do you guys have any type of suggested coping strategies to bury my grief into??? :cry::blob_teary:

ThunderingSnow likes this.
  2. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Mightiest Disciple Kenichi or Hajime no Ippo

3. Japorea

Japorea Resident BL Enthusiast

Reading List:
    Link
    Read fanfics. Or maybe you could even write one. That's how I cope when I am not able to get over the ending of a manga or anime. Maybe even watch other anime like Haikyuu or other sports/gaming anime could help you.

I'd recommend:
    Prince of Tennis
    Ace of Diamond
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Hajime no Ippo
    Eyeshield 21

Others I've enjoyed:
    Hikaru no Go
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn

4. Passerby Soysauce-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only watched a bit of Hajime no Ippo episodes soo I'll be digging in on the manga. MDK? Sports genre? I'll try that. Thank you, comrade :blobhero:

5. Passerby Soysauce-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    ‼️ you write doujins? :blobcatblush::blobcat_hyper:
    Thank youuu for the recom list. I listed them all. Haven't tried them yet, except for Hajime no Ippo, Daiya no A and KH Reborn. ❤️

6. ThunderingSnow

ThunderingSnow Sipping up a cup of chaotic good...and boba

Reading List:
    Link
    The swimming anime Free!
    The karuta anime Chihayafuru
    Gaming- Bofuri?
    If you're looking for some good boys you can root for, My Hero Academia would be the way to go

7. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Slam Dunk
    • One Outs
    • King Golf
    • Baby Steps
    • Eyeshield 21
    • Blue Lock (grudgingly recommended; shonen battle style football)
    Won't recommend Hajime no Ippo as it is overextended and just being milked for all it's worth by the mangaka at this point.

8. Passerby Soysauce-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    ✓Chihayafuru
    Bofuri? :blobhyperthink: noted. You're SUPER right about MHA. I love the both manga, and the anime adaptation

ThunderingSnow likes this.
  9. Passerby Soysauce-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh sh*t. Blue Lock . I lost my bookmark. Been looking for this everywhere. Thank youu

otaku31 likes this.
  10. rk0015

rk0015 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if its about sports then

Ace of diamond
    Days
    One outs

11. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome.
    That reminds me... Giant Killing (forgot to recommend this in prev. post, but it should not be missed).

12. TheLastBaconOnEarth

TheLastBaconOnEarth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about reading some random manga or watching random anime to let you temporarily forget the heavy feels from Haikyuu. It was always a nice ride from the start, right? Seeing the character development from the start, there’s this empty feeling inside your chest after realizing that they’re about to end, I can relate to that heavy feeling. So here’s some random recommendations to help:

-watch Spirited Away or any Ghibli movie you haven’t seen yet. I promise you, if you complete them all... you’ll always feel nostalgic whenever you see beautiful afternoon sunsets.:blobmelt:
    -watch Kyousougiga. It’s a little complicated unless you analyze it but the story emphasized on family values.
    -read 1/2 Prince. It’s hilarious.
    -Assassination Classroom manga is another feels.
    -novelupdates’ Side Character Transmigration. Boss Shisheng so savage enough to make other characters speechless.
    -Trash of the Count’s Family. MC Cale Henituse wants the slacker life but it seems impossible for him now.:blobdog:
    -Think about the superior feeling of knowing the ln/wn you read getting their manga/anime adaptations and telling those newbie fans that you’ve been there since its ground zero.:blob_sunglasses:
    -if you still can’t stop thinking about Haikyuu, it’s okay to cry in a corner, no one can judge you here. We all know the feeling of saying goodbye.(since I always felt that everytime my ships get wrecked by the scripwriters or when my anime crush got married):blobsad:.

Don’t worry, good manga’s and anime’s always come and go, that’s the natural part of having hobbies so you’re not alone here. *pats back* I bet new awesome things should come soon.
    :blobok: