Spoiler (BL) A Cure for the Dark Heart

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kirameki, Mar 2, 2020.

1. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I must have missed it. I know they talked after mc left. I remember the dr said. Mc should have died. And ml said really?

And they left it at that. I dont remember ml saying anything more about that issue.

*Quote*
    Cheng Ye looked at him, "Why do you have this idea?"
    He didn't ask why Li Hengyuan did medicine, and didn't care what secrets Li Hengyuan had, because he believed that Li Hengyuan really treated him honestly.
    *Quote* chapter 22

https://yqzw5.com/9_9758/3499134.html

*Quote*
    Cheng Yan stared back at Li Hengyuan's chic departure, his eyes darkened, like an abyss.
    After Xu Yan, he laughed, but with paranoia and madness.
    Li Hengyuan has provoked me, so don't ever try to leave from me.
    *Quote* chapter 24 after mc teased ml with a kiss.

https://yqzw5.com/9_9758/3499136.html

But idk if hes interest in mc's body and knows mc's Constitution with one comment "really"

I mean it is possible. Ml seems like a mystery right now, but im going by what he actually said in mtl.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Mandyj, lazuuli and kirameki like this.
  2. kirameki

kirameki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many thanks for the spoilers and hard work!!! You're a big help. :blobReach:

soie_yoie likes this.
  3. xblkdragonx

xblkdragonx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I caught up to where you left off. My feeling is the ML is intrigued by MC bc he's interesting.

The quote about why the ML doesn't care if the MC opens a medicine shop, isn't due to MC's body constitution, but rather the ML isnt going to question why the MC wants to open a medicine shop when the MC'S original body owner shouldn't know or practice medicine.

I think after the MC kissed and showed ML he's interested in him, ML is showing a bit of his possessive side haha.

The MC doesn't know he's pampering and teasing a wolf lol.

I actually appreciate that the MC is the one actively pursuing the ML? Not shy about staring or getting tofu. Hard to come by for an MC that's a shou.

As for the harem, its stated the 3 concubines are spies sent to the ML by his relatives. He hasn't touched them but he also can't send them away bc they were gifts by the emperor/empress/other princes.

4. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm im confused now. :sweating_profusely:

Idk. Did i misunderstand? I thought you were saying that ml was interested in mc's body anomaly. I wanted to say i didnt see any signs of this. I figured i may have missed it? Did ml talk about mc's body further?

Ml said he didnt care about mc's secrets, but ml belives in mc because mc is genuine and because mc teases him.

But now you said ml is intrigued by mc because he's interesting. Umm does this still include your thoughts that ml likes mc's special body Constitution? Because i really cant remember ml saying anything about it.

Also about the 3 servent/harems yeah i did write that they were gifts(spy) from the royal family. I know ml doesnt touch them.

Well i can understand that the harem is fake. It just isnt my cup of tea. Im sure that everything will be explained later, but i didnt like how ml is keeping mc in the dark and making mc jelly, by teasing him with the girls, and how ml is limiting mc's research in the flower shop. Also telling mc hopefully his shop makes money because mc didnt have a dowery.

Its just starting to get messy.

I mean we like different things. I like fluff. I like open ml's. I know he has his reasons. They just met and all that, but i gave this up for a fluffy love novel.

:cookie:
    But i'll be here if you want to spoil the novel.
    - thanks in advance.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    lizabernal96 and lazuuli like this.
  5. xblkdragonx

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understood of ch 3, it's insinuated MC being able to get rid of the poison that is supposed to kill him, piqued ML's curiosity. As of ch 26, we find out that the ML is periodically poisoned. Everything he eats has poison in it that slowly kills him.

But yes, ML likes the MC because he knows MC is sincere and genuinely likes him, and that's why the ML reveals he knows kung-fu and protected him during the assassination attempt in the carriage. It's ML's way of showing to the MC that he's sincere too.

I'm not saying the ML is only interested in the MC because of his body anomaly. But from context, ML was already interested in the MC from Ch 3. It's a show of progression of why ML would be more inclined towards MC, rather than just ML reciprocating MC's kisses starting like ch 15.

From what I understood, ML didn't tease MC with the girls. He could've kept MC in the dark, but asks the ML to take care of the harem or to at least see them. ML says MC is smart and would've figured out he had 3 concubines, so he rather state it outright.

And in regards to the brothel, when the MC asked for more information about the shops in the Eastern center, the hostess is like, "The prince only says to help you with information about your grandfather". She only follows the direction of the prince, and felt the MC was unqualified for further help. But then when this was reported back to the ML, the ML gave all the information MC requested and the told him, "Any information obtained from the brothel is available to you."

As for the dowry part, I read it as more of the ML compensating the MC. I'll have to reread it again, because it was mentioned the MC did marry into the prince's mansion without a dowry, but MC was like, "Are you giving me the shop as compensation for your concubines?" And ML is like, "Wang fei is smart." ML is aware of MC being a vinegar jar, and even though he has no relationships with the concubines, he gave the MC the medicine shop anyway.

Interesting tidbit : ML is 18-19 (or so the MC believes).

6. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol we just read it and interpret it differently. When i read the word "really" it just sounds like "oh okay" and nothing more. I mean there was no thoughts spoken. No feelings mentioned. Just "really"

I really dont want to go back and pull out quotes, but im sure you already read it. Ml keeps saying things and mc does his force smile. Bla bla

Im sure they are both teasing each other.

Is ml being poisened little by little? The only time it was mention when that royal brother asked the gaurd to poison ml.

The medical book mc has says ml's condition. Not 100% sure what it was talking about. Maybe you understand it more and i do. I thought it was saying the symptoms of ml and not sure if it was saying that mc has to cultivate to diagnose ml. That or i thought it ment that ml was/has to cultivate? Idk i didnt get the impressions it was because of poison, but then again. Its still kinda like the intro chapters untill chapter 50 i think.

My suspension is that ml is currently making himself look weak. Faking pigs to eat tigers? Something like that.

I wonder if this is more of a mystery novel than anything. Like the mystery of what is ml suffering from and is he faking it. Who was original host's grandpa. The mystery behind him. Who wants mc dead?

Idk. Not a mystery kinda person. Idk im pretty sure the mystery will drag on till the end. Because if not what else will it explore. This seems to be about conspiracy/mystery then the very last 10 chapter is about the happy ending. Im guessing.

7. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the most annoying thing in this novel is actually the antagonist characters. One after one brain dead antagonist from the princess, maid, concubine, prince keep showing up non stop, written and designed by the author to annoy the reader with their stupidity

Mandyj and Ease like this.
  8. xblkdragonx

Reading List:
    Link
    In ch 26 of the novel, Gao Yun, one of the concubines brings in a ginseng soup for the ML. She ends up dropping the soup and ML helps her pick it up and uses that chance to taste a bit of it. The MC in his previous life was able to discern the type of poison just from tasting it. Though the MC's body now isnt as accurate as his previous body, he can still tell that the soup wa poisoned. When MC tells ML this, ML shrugs it off and says he's always known. Everything he eats in this household is poisonous, just depends on the strength and deadliness of the poison. From this point on, MC cooks all of ML's meals and within 2 weeks, ML looks much healthier and actually has pink tint to his face versus being deadly pale all the time.

At the moment, I'm only on chapter 31. But one of the concubines has been murdered and the concubines maid is trying to pin it on MC.

She complains to the ML, saying he needs to exact justice.

ML takes MC'S hand, smiles and asks, "Did you do it?"

MC: No

ML: Okay, I believe you.

The maid is incredulous and says the MC is showing blatant favoritism.

ML finally gets mad and kicks the maid and says in the PingHe mansion, the Wang Ye is the law. Even if his Wang Fei murdered the concubine, it's the concubines only bad luck. His Wang Fei can do whatever he wants.

The MC smiles at ML having his back and how the ML is so blatant in his favoritism.

And I stopped there bc i had to drive back home lol.

As for the cultivation bit, from what I understand, using Qi can make it so you can discern the patient's illness immediately. The problem MC has right now is that he can't diagnose ML so he can't start treating him if he doesn't know what it is. So MC needs to learn Qi and cultivate first before he can treat ML. ML says he'll help MC learn how to cultivate.

Truth. So far, everyone is brain dead and 2D.
    I'm only continuing reading bc I'm interested in MC curing ML and seeing ML eat MC up lol. At this moment, MC seems to think he's the one that's doing the eating haha

9. xblkdragonx

Reading List:
    Link
    So the MC opened a medical shop and the first patient is actually his dad, the Prime Minister. When the MC returned home, he actually injured the his father by inserting an acupuncture needle that reduced blood flow to his arm. Within a few weeks, the arm started to shrivel and no other doctor knew how to cure it. The MC planned this so that when he opened his shop, his father, the prime minister, will be the best form of advertisement when he heals him. After all, he opened his shop with the identity as the legendary physician's disciple (his grandfather).

Interesting tidbits:
    ML had to pose as the MC the first day bc the Emperor suspected MC was the disciple. While the emperor, MC, and the father was in the room, ML took a look at the father's arm and told him he had endure this pain for 7 days and then return.

The ML was just taking revenge for MC. It wasn't a cure at all. He just wanted the father to suffer for 7 days and endure the pain for all the misdeeds he did to MC over his childhood.

When the father returned for his second consultation, MC is the one that looks at him. During this time, the father takes the MC'S mom to see if she recognizes him either as a disciple or her son.

Meanwhile, the emperor goes to the PingHe mansion to see if the MC and ML are in residence. But both MC and ML are prepared for this.

Anyway, during the father's examination, MC realizes the ML used a small and very accurate drop of poison to make the father suffer. It's very precise and impressed the MC. So it seems the ML is very adept at poison.

Anyway, MC heals the father and the father is super grateful and wants to make the MC his exclusive doctor. He takes the mother home and at the last moment when the prime minister's entourage leaves, the MC mouths "mother" to her and she realizes who he is. However, she won't reveal it.

We discover it was the mother that poisoned the original MC. She had suffered so much in the hands of the prime minister, she will use any means to get revenge. So when her son was about to get married, she killed him so that the entire prime minister family would be punished. But who knew that he'd survive? The MC estimated this is what happened bc the MC was poisoned and it should be someone he trusts and the MC only has his mother in his family that he trusts explicitly. But it ended up being his most trusted person that killed him

The mother knows her son is dead and that someone else is occupying his body. But she doesn't care. She wants to use this current MC to exact her revenge since it seems this person feels a bit of filial piety to her bc of her son.

On the other end, the emperor pays a visit to the ML and the MC while the MC is away healing his father. Just as the emperor is about to charge into the room, they hear moaning and sex talk between the MC and ML. Immediately, the emperor leaves but tells the ML'S household eunuch to confirm that its them. Su gongong pokes a hole through the screen window and sees two figures tossing in bed and then leaves embarrassingly. ML retracts his Qi once he's sure no one else is around and throws the blankets off him. He's alone in the room. All the voices was just him.

Nevertheless, this isnt over yet. The emperor has two people keep an eye out to see if anyone enters or leaves the mansion. He also returns back to the mansion and waits to summon the ML and MC. By the MC and ML arrive, there are evidence that they've had a "joyous spring" with MC walking more delicately and red marks on his neck.

Oops forgot to mention something else that happened in previous chapters. The ML teaches MC Qi. MC finds out that he's able to entirely understand the book and when he closes his eyes to open his meridans, he finds out it's super easy? But what MC doesn't know is that the ML had his hand on his back and directing him and helping him open his Qi. In the past few weeks that the two had been sleeping together (just sleeping and cuddling at night), the ML had been pouring his qi into the MC so that it'd be easier for him to open his meridans.

Oncee the MC opened his qi, he immediately grabs ML's wrist so that he could examine him. To ML's shock, at first he felt MC's own qi block him, but when ML discovered MC was trying to examine him, he let him in. To MC's shock, he discovers ML has a very healthy heartbeat. But just as he's about to retract, he feels something is wrong with the pulse. However, when he's about to delve deeper, he feels weak and almost faints. He was trying to do too much when he's still a noob to cultivation. When ML holds MC to steady him, MC asks how come when he first took ML's pulse during their wedding ceremony, he didn't feel a pulse, but the imperial physician could take it? ML tells MC that during their wedding day, he didn't know MC practiced medicine, so he didn't know to let MC take his pulse. MC looks at ML in surprise and is learns the ML can control his pulse. MC immediately asks ML to demonstrate. ML gives MC his wrist and is able to adjust his pulse to someone that's healthy, to someone that's weak and should be ill. MC smiles and is like, "How about a joyous pulse?" (i.e. pregnant pulse). ML takes his wrist away, but MC teases him and goes in for a kiss.

10. aresk

aresk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww that's cute

11. xblkdragonx

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl:

The MC got eaten in chapter 63 (or chapter 74 if you use yqzw5 website). It was fade to black though. Nothing explicit. So if you want smut, this novel completely bypasses it.

My MTL translation below:

Li Hengyuan's eyes could not help but widen, wanting to push back, but found that he was not Cheng Yi's opponent at all. At last, Cheng Yi finally served him well.

No one bothered them this time. Li Hengyuan was turned over by the red waves until the sunset filled the sky.

(Previously, when MC and ML tried to get it on, they were always interrupted, first by Princess XiLan, then by Su Gonggong, then my a maid that ran in saying one of the the concubines was murdered)

Chapter 62:
    Li Hengyuan was tormented by Cheng Ye for an entire afternoon. The soreness to his body was unbelievable.

It was Li Hengyuan's true nature to press others down.

It's not that he cares about pressing other downs or the one being pressed, but he always regarded himself as the aggressor. But when he actually became the submissive one during the act, there was naturally a certain gap in psychology.

To Li Hengyuan, Cheng Cheng was too cunning.

In their normal day to day life, Cheng Ye pretended to be fragile and weak, which made Li Hengyuan deeply believe that Cheng Ye was born submissive and was a delicate flower that needed careful care.

Therefore, at noon, he did not take precautions, so that he was picked by the beautiful flower he raised.

Li Hengyuan covered his sour waist, and reflected on the reason why he was picked.

Of course, Li Hengyuan must admit that Cheng Ye, who has seen the Spring Palace book, really made him happy.

Qingyun (the manservant) moved to the bath tub, filled it with hot water, and then walked out of the room without squinting. The Pinghe Wang that picked the flower, lifted Li Hengyuan from the bed with a relaxed face.

Li Hengyuan was pressed by Cheng Yi to experiment all the postures in the Spring Palace book for an entire afternoon. He was tired and didn't want to move even a single finger.

The warm water wrapped around Li Hengyuan and instantly relieved the soreness on his body. In the next moment, Cheng Cheng sat in, and his slender fingers climbed onto Li Hengyuan's waist and back. With qi in his palms, he pushed away the sourness around Li Hengyuan's waist, and Li Hengyuan sighed comfortably.

With their positions and the intimate after-sex service, the psychological gap in Li Hengyuan's heart was eliminated.

He laid on the tub, with his back facing Cheng Cheng; his eyes half closed, he was very lazy.

"Someone should hold back, right?" Li Hengyuan's voice was still a little hoarse and languid. It sounded like he was carrying a hook, which made his heart tickle.

Cheng Ye's hand gradually lowered, and his cold body was attached to Li Hengyuan's back. He opened his mouth to hold Li Hengyuan's earlobe and said vaguely, "It is time to take action."

12. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have finished all the published chapters. I thought the novel is finished but it seems that there is still a long long way before the ending

The story get better however the antagonists in the beginning of the story are really really annoying that I almost drop this novel

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    AimieNam1003 likes this.
  13. byunnie

byunnie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ADDING THIS TO MY EVER GROWING PILE

14. xblkdragonx

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm on chapter 117, with the most current chapter at 127. Yeah....the novel is not even close to being over lol....

In ch 115, we find out that the ML has very poisonous blood. So perhaps that's why he was interested in that the MC couldn't die from poison that would typically kill people within a few seconds. The ML has a body in of itself that's poisonous.

At this time, Li Hengyuan took out a bottle of ointment - he was not afraid that Cheng Zheng's blood was poisonous. His current body was very powerful. Even if it's highly toxic, his body could fully digest it and successfully force the poison out. Only to force the poison out, it might be a little bit painful.

Thinking it about this way, he and Cheng Zheng really are a natural pair.​

Anyway, a few things that happened up to ch 117 (not in chronological order, but what I remember):

-Princess Xilan is married to the ML as a concubine. However, the ML treats all of his concubines coldly and never visits them. One of the other concubine, Gao Yun, tries to get rid of both MC and Xilan by having Xilan sneak into ML's room. When ML is away and MC walks in the room alone, then Xilan and MC would be implicated. However, ML and MC are stuck to each other like glue (and they also knew ahead of time that someone was trying to pit them). Due to this act, ML uses this as an excuse to disband his harem.

-The other concubine, Ning Yue(?), she seems indifferent, but she's actually not a spy or anything. She just truly loves ML. However, she thought ML was emotionless and no one could move his heart, so she was content just admiring the ML from the sideline. But things changed after MC married into the Pinghe Mansion. She could tell that ML did have a heart, but it belonged all to MC.

-During the autumn hunt, the Emperor wanted to take this chance to take down the Crown Prince's camp by staging an assassination attempt. However, the second prince and his camp figured out what the emperor wanted. So they inserted poison into the arrows, hoping that the Emperor would die, the Crown prince would be implicated, so that the throne would then naturally fall to him. Though the emperor knew the second prince was this devious, he didn't do anything because he wanted the crown prince and the second prince to duke it out and destroy each other.

-The ML and MC took this chance to leave the capital. They knew things were about to get complicated, so using the excuse that the capital wasn't good for his health. The Emperor then uses this chance to demote ML and sends him off to the southwest as a vassal lord (?). When they're leaving, assassins invaded their ship. However, ML anticipated this and so used this chance not to only kill the assassins, but used the assassination attempt to kill the spies the emperor and his other relatives inserted into his entourage. The assassins were sent by the second prince and his camp. The emperor wasn't going to do anything, wanting to keep the balance, but ML allowed his people to spread rumors about the assassination attempt, that it forced the emperors hand to stem the people from talking. He ends up dismantling the entire second prince camp which included the empress and Xilan's family.

-While in the southwest, the MC and ML make a pit stop to the southeast king and retrieve the rest of the MC's grandfather's inheritance. These includes the second half of the medical book and silver needs made out of ice silk worms (the best at curing poison).

The ML is suuuuuuuper doting of the MC and absolutely pampers him, but vice versa can be said of the MC. Since the ML often has to act weak, the MC dotes on him as well. Since almost the entire royal family is out for their lives, it's a lot of us versus the world mentality, so the two of them are entirely dependent on each other and hold no secrets back. In ch 113, MC finally reveals to the ML about his super healing abilities.

Oh, when Xilan finds out that she has to leave the harem, she goes crazy and stabs the MC in public. MC purposely doesn't dodge and takes the knife to the chest. The reason is because when the public heard that the ML was dismissing Xilan from his harem, they all called him heartless. Xilan is famous for standing outside the famous doctor's store day and night, begging him to come visit ML and cure him. Everyone knows how devoted she is to him. So MC lets Xilan stab him so that the public knows she tried to kill him out of jealousy. That way, no one will think the ML heartless - he has a valid reason to dismiss her. MC can't tolerate people talking bad about ML! He even has the brothels that ML own to spread a love story about two men in love, but one was forced to marry a woman he didn't love, and then the two die together to show their devotion. This was a way to win sympathy from the public.

Anyway, when the ML heard the MC got stabbed, he, who never feared anything, felt his heart stop. ML rushes to the MC to see with his own eyes if he was alright. If anything happened to the MC, ML would've gone mad. And this is when the MC reveals his special ability and told ML his plan. Seeing ML still being uneasy, MC promises the ML that he'll never use his body that way again.

There's still quite a bit mystery going on, and I think the MC and ML make an interesting pair, but man...the MC and ML are way too OP? Like....nothing gets in their way. They always out think, out calculate the antagonist. I think the only opponent the two can't calculate against is the Emperor. Even then, the ML is slowly tightening his net on the capital to seize the throne.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  15. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the MC deal with his dad, mom , stepmom and other family members?

16. AimieNam1003

AimieNam1003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Excuse me please answer my curiousity (^∩^) who is gong? ML Or MC the doc maniac?

Getting giddy up hope ML is the Gong/Top then MC Shou/bottom (gigles~)

Emma401 likes this.
  17. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    Ml is the gong and mc is the shou

AimieNam1003 and Emma401 like this.
  18. Mandyj

Mandyj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mc mum was never concubine. She was legal first wife but hubby lied and said she died so he could take the zang b!tch as wife. The dad of mc is a climber and used the mc mum to climb ranks and then new wife's dad skyrockets his career.

Mc mum is alive because zang b!tch aka stepmom wants mc mums dad journal since he was a miracle doctor.

I may be mistaken somewhere

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    lizabernal96 likes this.
  19. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You’re correct. His mom was kept locked up in their family compound and never let out. Pretty tragic.

lizabernal96 likes this.
  20. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, this is still on going?
    From nu link, I saw it's 126chapter, but no further explanation whether it's completed or on going.